1.    #1  
    Well, I'll try to post all the pertinent data, hope I'm not giving too much detail.

Just got a Seidio package that includes the GPS and TomTom 5.1. I went through the install routine, but I'm not sure it installed correctly. I don't use the sync cable, and haven't in some time (I don't even know where it's at). I always use Blue Tooth to install.

During the installation process, I got to the screen that told me to synchronize the Treo. I did it, and got this error message in my log:

=====
    OK Install To Card
    Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    =====

There we no other prompts on the software install, so I returned to the main menu. I didn't get an automatic prompt to install maps, or any other options.

I tried to run the app (which seem to install), and got a message that no maps were loaded

I put in the maps CD, and selected the maps for my area. It started syncing, and after about 5 minutes, I looked and saw that it was at 5/141mb (5 out of 141 mb installed). I stopped it, and looked for a way to use a card reader, instead of installing maps by synchronization.

Never found anything, and I'm installing by sync now, but after almost an hour, it's at 27/141mb. That's WAY too slow for someone as impatient as I.

So, here are my questions:

Does anyone know of a way to install maps directly to the card via a card reader?

Does anyone know of an issue installin this using BlueTooth synch?

Does anyone know what the "SyncCreateDB returned 4019" error messages mean?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
  2.    #2  
    OK, at the risk of sounding like I'm talking to myself, I'll share what I've found.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    Does anyone know of a way to install maps directly to the card via a card reader?
    I never did find it in the manual, but set up your card reader and card (make sure the card was formatted using the Treo), run the second CD (the map installer), select the map you want, when prompted for "Palm-Powered Handheld" or "Other Location (Advanced)" radio buttons, select Other Location (Advanced), then the storage card option, Finally, the storage card letter.

Does anyone know of an issue installin this using BlueTooth synch?
    On my "reinstall", I didn't get that far, but I don't think BT was the issue (other than it's normal slowness). See the error message question below...

Does anyone know what the "SyncCreateDB returned 4019" error messages mean?
    It has to do with the "Exchange" folder under my sync ID. I deleted that (found a reference to it on Google), and the problem went away.

Maps are installed now.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give.[/QUOTE]
    I would have suggested Softik Card Export II which mounts your SD card as a partittion on whatever puter you hot sync to while still in the Treo.
    all you have to do is just put the maps in the root directory of your sd card
    I had several problems installing TomTom on my Treo 650. First it didn't seem to install the application and voice files properly and I had to remove everything (using zLauncher's explorer) and reinstall. It also kept hanging during the hotsynch process while installing the maps.

I just re-installed the application and a voice file, and finally I was able to start TomTom. It asked me a couple of questions and then told me I didn't have any maps installed (I knew this would happen but I wanted to make sure the app was correctly installed first)

I tried installing the maps to the Treo directly, but it continued to freeze during the hotsynch of the map files. I finally gave up on the "normal" install and did the following:

1) Using the first two Map CDs, I installed all of the "main" maps to a folder on my computer.

2) Once that was done, I manually copied the maps I wanted to my SD card. This can be done while the card is in your Treo by using Card Export II, or you can remove the card and use a flash card reader. The map folders should be copied to the root directory of the SD card (they really should have put them in a subdirectory under the TomTom folder).

I believe that all of the main maps for the US take up about 1.2 GB...should fit on a 2GB SD card without a problem as long as you don't have a bunch of MP3s or Video files like I do ;-)
    Yeah, I went through some of the same headaches - but after 2-3 tries of hot-synching the maps, I figured there had to be a better way.

The tomtom documentation SUCKS! I finally figured out there was a way to directly send the maps to the SDCard via a card reader. Still took a good while, but not NEARLY as long as it would have to hot-sync.

Now, NO PROBLEMS w/ my tomtom. Works as good or BETTER than everyone says!

It has saved me much angst on the road!
    This is the only way I have found to successfully install

1. Move all apps off card into main memory.....copy SD card files to desktop location for later retrieval.
    2. Format SD card
    3. Install TT 5.12 (in box)
    4. Hotsync and get 4019 error
    5. Delete all files in C:\ProgramFiles\PalmOne\[your user name]\Exchange\To directory.
    6. Install 5.2x upgrade from UK site (not on US site)
    7. Install Maps directly to card using TT "other (advanced)" procedure and desktop card reader or Softick card Export.
    8. Start up tomtom and register
    9. Move apps back to card.
    10. Move other files back to card.

I kept getting ARM errors (18 MB free) until I installed the upgrade.
    I'm having the same problem, and using the Card Export application sounds like a good solution, but currently I am stuck.

My Treo kept freezeing while attempting to install the maps and I always had to manually cancel. Now, I can't Sync. Everytime I try to Sync it attempts to reinstall the maps to my SD taking another 45 minutes and freezing.

Any ideas on how to stop my Sync process from trying to install these maps to my SD so that I can start over??
    On Palm OS, right click on the hotsync icon and hit custom. Tell the TomTom Install Maps conduit to do nothing. Also delete the map from the following directory:

c:\ProgramFiles\[username]\TomTomMaps