1.    #1  
    i have latest goodlink installed on my treo 650. i remember when i did a fresh install after a hard reset, the memory went from 22-23mb to about 10-12mb free. and then i started to install all my other apps so now i have about 4mb free.

i have two other users that i installed goodlink on, with pretty much no other programs. when i checked their treo out, i noticed they only have about 2mb remaining.

i thought goodlink only stores the headers from email messages? whats taking up so much space and is there a way to purge something on the treo side to free up more internal memory? or is it a matter of how many email messages, contacts, calendar appts/events, to do's you have on the server? i'm afraid that eventually that 2mb will go to nothing and then crash the whole treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i have latest goodlink installed on my treo 650. i remember when i did a fresh install after a hard reset, the memory went from 22-23mb to about 10-12mb free. and then i started to install all my other apps so now i have about 4mb free.

i have two other users that i installed goodlink on, with pretty much no other programs. when i checked their treo out, i noticed they only have about 2mb remaining.

i thought goodlink only stores the headers from email messages? whats taking up so much space and is there a way to purge something on the treo side to free up more internal memory? or is it a matter of how many email messages, contacts, calendar appts/events, to do's you have on the server? i'm afraid that eventually that 2mb will go to nothing and then crash the whole treo!
    Goodlink claims about 6MB for emails and 2MB for attachments when you install it (even though they are empty). There is no way to decrease that footprint. Note that it stores the whole email, not just headers. Which is actually a big selling point for me. I've got thousands of compelte emails in my Treo which is very, very handy.

An important memory tip that isn't widely published is that you should delete all of your contacts and calendar entries from your Treo before you install Goodlink (or start with a clean, cold-resetted Treo before installing). You won't be using the native apps once Goodlink is installed and that data can cause problems. For example, I had about 5 years of calendar data in the native app, which took about 1.8MB. Not only does that fill RAM, but the conduit databases are moved into the prescious NVFS cache RAM on startup which is where real problems can occur when it fills up...
    Note that it stores the whole email, not just headers. Which is actually a big selling point for me. I've got thousands of compelte emails in my Treo which is very, very handy.
    Just a note for clarity. GL will store the entire email/contact/todo/note/whatever until the internal db is full. After that, it employs an "aging" algorithm to store only email headers in order to make room for anything new that comes in. You can always get to the full email, but you might have to hit a "More" button to get the rest downloaded.

The algorithm and priority it uses to do this is in the user doc if you want more detail.