Page 1 of 46 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yep, it's finally out, any brave souls want to try it out and let us know?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    In the following post of this very long thread you can find the GREAT JOB of James and all the guys working to give to us always a better Treo!!!

....and off course the SD method to install and test it.

Lovecostarica, MBF (sorry to all those guys that always help our community....I can't remenber all your name!!!!) are you ready?

Please include one with no Real, no Tutorial and English only.

Thanks as always.
    Last edited by vittogn; 02/04/2006 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Customs ROMs arrived and the work!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Note: This updater changes the end of the string from ROW to ENA. When updated with the latest version, your Unlocked GSM smartphone will display "Treo650-1.20-ENA."
    What do they mean with this?

Do not back up and restore through an SD/MMC expansion card
    Some customers use an expansion card to make backups of the smartphone's entire contents, but for this update, please perform the HotSync operations as instructed. Otherwise, you may see looping resets.

I'd like to backup via both hotsync and backup manager, then hard reset, update via SD method, hard reset, restore from SD with backup manager, hotsync.

Is this procedure (that the most of you use) obsolete or dangerous?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    and now who really waits 24/48hrs to let some other to test it as we wrote some hours ago? can't wait enough! let's update!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    If you have FW 1.71 and 1.13 ROW will you need to downdgrade the FW first or just run the update over top 1.71/1.13?
    it ran right over the top of FW 1.71 no problems
    I would be very curious to see if the browser has been improved especially as far as speed at displaying websites.
    Hey now... 2 new blocks under phone info
    click more...
    CC-Cap and Carrier DB...

CC Cap?
  10.    #10  
    madcap is the FW still showing as 1.71?

ps: anyone know what ENA stands for?
    English North America??
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

ENAbled ?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    hmm lets see
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Mine still says ROW. I ran the update and was also able to use Shadowmites tools to create my own ROM with no Real, Versa and English Only. It is virtually the same as the old one just no CKJOS in prefs. I did restore with Backupman no problem.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

What do I do if I have a Cingular purchased unit - there is no update in the Cingular area on PalmOne's site? Grrr.....
    Hey James,
    I had such great success w/ your custom 1.20 ROW.
    If it's not too much to ask, could you post the 1.20 ENA
    with out Real player & VM.
    Thanks.
    Just call me Berd.
    firmware is in fact 1.71 on my device(but it was there before)
    ENA is English North America
    but the web page says versamail is 3.1F is part of the update
    if so then i have a problem since mine shows 3.1E
    anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Hey James,
    I had such great success w/ your custom 1.20 ROW.
    If it's not too much to ask, could you post the 1.20 ENA
    with out Real player & VM.
    Thanks.
    I'll post mine but it is ROW, not ENA. Give me a minute to zip it and upload it.

jamesgangut,

Did you use Shadow's old tool or the one based on java? The available update is hotsync only so there is no acepalmos.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    firmware is in fact 1.71 on my device(but it was there before)
    ENA is English North America
    but the web page says versamail is 3.1F is part of the update
    if so then i have a problem since mine shows 3.1E
    anyone else?
    I'm using the leaked FW 1.71/SW1.20-ROW for weeks already..this offical update seems having no difference from the leaked version...except..it changes ROW to ENA...the CC-Cap and Carrier DB is already in the leaked version and it's running VM 3.1E too.
Page 1 of 46 12345611 ... LastLast