Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    it isn't row as site states, it is ena. i've just updated. not used it yet.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    it isn't row as site states, it is ena. i've just updated. not used it yet.

Confirmed. Updated from "original ENA (from earlier today) to this new ROW and it still is ENA.
    --
    Manfred
    Any way someone can post just the firmware out of the new ENA.
    I was running 1.71 so it didn't change my firmware with the update...thinking that i want the unlocked FW instead of the cingular specific one i put on while waiting
    This isn't for Sprint is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil
    This isn't for Sprint is it?
    No, GSM only.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Nevermind I used treo650 tools to delete those calc and clock.
    How do I upgrade the rom?
    I copied those 2 directories and rename it with PALM and nothing happened.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floehrer
    Updater 1.20 European (german) version has just been posted on the German site, so it seems safe to upgrade for us Europeans as well.
    I would have tried the American version, if the German update hadn't come out. I wonder, if there are any differences. I will report back.

Frank

PS: Interestingly, the version is also called ...1.20_ENA, so it seems to be the same.
    That would indicate that the ENA means Europe and North American as opposed to English North America.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Sorry to be a pest, but VOLUME? Any improvements? Anxiously awaiting opinions of those who have installed the 1.20.
    One person has posted that the volume is louder. Another posted that is was louder but not as loud as 1.43 was.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    Nevermind I used treo650 tools to delete those calc and clock.
    How do I upgrade the rom?
    I copied those 2 directories and rename it with PALM and nothing happened.
    I am uploading the ROM now that you asked for.

Basic instructions:
    1- copy the two folders to SD (PALM and ROM)
    2- Plugin power to TREO
    3- Insert SD
    4- Choose the Firmware update (if needed)
    5- Choose ROMupdater on the Treo type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    6- Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    7- Hard reset.

Or go here: http://shadowmite.com/romInstruct.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

****Clipped****
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/19/2006 at 10:26 PM.

As mentioned before, I have upgraded with the version posted on the German Palm site. Everything went smoothly. My first experience is that the imap-connection in Versamail is now actually usable.

The Version reported in the phone-menu is "Treo650-1.20-ENA", so the update for European and American is the same (probably only the installer has been translated).

Frank
    Nevermind.... I tried again and its updating...
    (I was revert back to 1.28 version first, I'm not sure if this is related)
    ----------------------------------------
    Hi James I did go to shadow site and follow the instructions but when in step 4, it says fpl error, I press app button and proceed to step 5.
    In step 5 (ROM Update) it says welcome to the device updater and I did not see progress bar and I cant press any button... is this normal?

I tried to type rev cvt2 but it says invalid command.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I am uploading the ROM now that you asked for.

Basic instructions:
    1- copy the two folders to SD (PALM and ROM)
    2- Plugin power to TREO
    3- Insert SD
    4- Choose the Firmware update (if needed)
    5- Choose ROMupdater on the Treo type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    6- Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    7- Hard reset.

Or go here: http://shadowmite.com/romInstruct.html
    Last edited by noworry; 01/19/2006 at 10:40 AM.
    Initial thoughts for a first time 1.71/1.20 user is that the DBCache handling is much better - tom tom 5.201 doesn't need a reset each time i insert the tt sd card.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    Hi James I did go to shadow site and follow the instructions but when in step 4, it says fpl error, I press app button and proceed to step 5.
    In step 5 (ROM Update) it says welcome to the device updater and I did not see progress bar and I cant press any button... is this normal?

I tried to type rev cvt2 but it says invalid command.
    On the ROM portion you can't push any button or tap the screen first. Once you tap the ROM updater when the text stops type the commands. I already had the firmware updated so I have not tested that...

James, did you update from APR 171 120 to ENA 171 120? Just curious.
    Thanks for the prompt reply James.
    No I went from the 120-ROW to 120-ENA

Hi James;
    I've had a similar problem with the upgrade. Was running the 1.71/1.20 ROW stripped version. I downloaded your stripped ENA version and ran it from my seperate SD card. First of all I saw three boxes, not two. Device, rom and firmware I believe. Tapping on any but rom caused an error, couldn't find some file or another. Tapping on the rom update and typing in the particulars seemed to work fine but when I check the info, after restoring from backup man, the info still reads the same (1.20 ROW). Only diff is there is no longer the cjkos pref.

?????????

Also, the previous file upgrades had a palm folder containing a devicecustomizer folder, a start.prc file and a launcher folder and that worked like a charm.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks for all your great work;
    Stephan
    I'm now using 1.20 LAP. I installed this just to ensure I get correct carrier or region specific settings. Files are dated 11/29/05, older than those in 1.20 ENA. I have customized this already.
    Ah thats the problem then... I start from 171 120 APR.
    Using your way of upgrading is way faster than PALM's way
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    Hi James;
    I've had a similar problem with the upgrade. Was running the 1.71/1.20 ROW stripped version. I downloaded your stripped ENA version and ran it from my seperate SD card. First of all I saw three boxes, not two. Device, rom and firmware I believe. Tapping on any but rom caused an error, couldn't find some file or another. Tapping on the rom update and typing in the particulars seemed to work fine but when I check the info, after restoring from backup man, the info still reads the same (1.20 ROW). Only diff is there is no longer the cjkos pref.

?????????

Also, the previous file upgrades had a palm folder containing a devicecustomizer folder, a start.prc file and a launcher folder and that worked like a charm.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks for all your great work;
    Stephan
    To get the ENA you have to use the newer files I posted. You will see the three boxes, just tap the ROMupdater. Use the Shadowmite instructions and it will me ENA.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast