Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Getting this error message with both North America and Asia and the Pacific updaters:

Your GSM (Pacific Rim Edition) device revision 1.20 cannot be updated to a "Unknown device revision 1.20. Please check Palm's website for an update compatible with your device. Click OK to quit the updater

I am on firmware 1.71 (Chinese update c/o MFB)
    would downgrading to FW1.23 and then installing this updater solve the problem?
    Yes it will. That's how I previously did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    There is no difference with LAP and ENA except for languages as LAP is english specific. Easier to customize : )
    That's a good!!!

A world unbranded phone need to work fine all over the world!!!!!

The only difference after customization will be then the 3 digit after 1.20 in Phone info??!!

Palm will probably say that they released 3-4 update in January 2006 because they are aware about needs of their loyal customer all over the world!?!?!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Downgraded from FW 1.71 to 1.23 then ran the update. I am now getting this error message:

Your Non Branded GSM device revision 1.06 cannot be updated to a Unknown device revision 1.20. Please check Palm's website for an update compatible with your device. Click OK to quit updater:"

DO anybody have a custom rom with real player and versamail?
    Last edited by muttdaemon; 01/19/2006 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    Downgraded from FW 1.71 to 1.23 then ran the update. I am now getting this error message:

Your Non Branded GSM device revision 1.06 cannot be updated to a Unknown device revision 1.20. Please check Palm's website for an update compatible with your device. Click OK to quit updater:"

You can use this that is full: http://rapidshare.de/files/11336598...A_Full.zip.html
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    do we still need DBCache tool and the like with this new firmware?
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro

After downgrading to 1.23, upgrade to 1.13 before doing 1.20. That should work
    ENA could also mean: EUROPE and NORTH AMERICA
    The ROM has all the EFIGS-languages.
    I only have the firmware for 1.23. Is that alright? Would you know where I can download 1.13?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Too soon for me.
    So far, no dif from 1.20 ROW except no chinese
    Same blazer, 1.0 Blue. nothing worth-while as far as I can tell.
    Bluetooth bug with built in BMW hands-free is now fixed in this update. THAT is worthwhile to me.
    Still looking for feedback on the low volume issue. Volume OK w/o VolumeCare now? Echo issues?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I only have the firmware for 1.23. Is that alright? Would you know where I can download 1.13?
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pecial_dl.html
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    I'm not sure but I think that I read some posts above that a guy has been told that ENA means English North America

They probably need to include all languages as in US there are a lot non english native speaker!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    We'll know it for sure when one of the european sites posts the update.
    But at the moment the palm servers seem to be very busy.
    For those who did the update:

Is there still a selection for the letter "Z" after choosing languages?

Frank
    It did. Thanks so much MFB
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    Just updated my European unbranded GSM to this ne ROM with the original Palm updater (from 1.28).

All went fine and is working as expected. No problems.

I disabled Volumecare: volume is a LOT better than it was (earpiece and speakerphone). I don't need VC anymore.
    --
    Manfred
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I did the update and resynced and got some weird "cant load application due to missing localization data"...couldnt get out of it, gave me the OK button and just keep hitting it and getting the same error. Had to create a new sync name and start reloading things one at a time...some app is definately having an issue with it...just wish I knew which one....

aside from that...everything works fine...just hate reloading everything from scratch
    rob
    Yes, z still there. I just downloaded and extracted the acepalmos.zip of 1.20 LAP using Shadow's Java tool. Palm Asia website says that it is only English. Surprisingly, files such as de, it, es and fr are still there. I find it odd that the files are older compared to 1.20 ENA.