Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Here is my custom 1.20-ENA rom. I stripped all langs but English, removed the tutorial, removed VersaMail, removed RealPlayer. I left the clock, calc, tips etc.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11333985/...ipped.zip.html
    Glad you got it to work, and posted.
    Sorry I wasn't available for more help with the T3 method.
    I need to get Hi-Speed here at home.
    Just call me Berd.
    It was no biggie, In fact by the time the page had finished submitting I had my answer.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yes, is there a full one in addition to the stripped one you posted? Thanks!

Would a zipped file with all the prc's it loads help you?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Thanks to Jamesgangut and Mr. Taz (your nick is very long), I learned how to use Shadow's java tool. I could've just waited patiently for James to finish but then again, I was challeged. Ok, I'll continue working on the real world now... : )
    @MFB

i cant get the update to work with my blue edition treo650 (firmware 1.13-APR)... any suggestions?
    The localised version still says that the last version 1.13 is, very curious how long it'll take before we can enjoy the official 1.20 ROW version... And if it is not within 24 hours, I'll put the ENA version on it!
    Attempted upgrade without hard reset.....FUBAR. Started from scratch with HR, upgrade was smooth. FWIW.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Thanks to Jamesgangut and Mr. Taz (your nick is very long), I learned how to use Shadow's java tool. I could've just waited patiently for James to finish but then again, I was challeged. Ok, I'll continue working on the real world now... : )
    Your Welcome!
    One of my first succesful Custom Roms originally came from you.
    So, I'm just glad I was of some help to you.
    By-The-Way my full name is Fred Erbert Berdinkerdickle
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoul
    @MFB

i cant get the update to work with my blue edition treo650 (firmware 1.13-APR)... any suggestions?
    1.20 APR? Just upgrade via Palm's official update. Afterwards, use the file posted by Jamesgangut. On an empty sd card, just copy the PALM and ROM folders as is. Plug in your Treo and insert the sd card. Press on rom updater and you will be brought to a screen where you will input via keyboard

rev cvt2 "press enter"

ace "press enter"

After that is done, just hard reset.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Can't seem to get Jamesgangut update working. I used the Official update, then tried the edited and it gives me an error and won't flash. Last time I tried my own custom i bricked my 650. now I'm worried

Here is the Full ROM for those who can't use the .exe file or just want to do it yourself.
    ***CLipped***
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/19/2006 at 10:34 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by allonon
    Can't seem to get Jamesgangut update working. I used the Official update, then tried the edited and it gives me an error and won't flash. Last time I tried my own custom i bricked my 650. now I'm worried

Where are you getting an error?

All what do you think? Do you expect differencies between the above versions of official 1.51-1.20?
    Some carrier specific differencies?

As the 650 GSM is a quad band and supposed to work properly all over the world (I'm from Italy but I used it in Mexico, US, Thailand with no issue) they should be 100% the same.

Is this a sort of marketing way to differentiate?
    Is this a way to oblige European customer not to use US support (much more better then what we have in Europe, or at least in Italy!!)?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    All what do you think? Do you expect differencies between the above versions of official 1.51-1.20?
    Some carrier specific differencies?

As the 650 GSM is a quad band and supposed to work properly all over the world (I'm from Italy but I used it in Mexico, US, Thailand with no issue) they should be 100% the same.

Is this a sort of marketing way to differentiate?
    Is this a way to oblige European customer not to use US support (much more better then what we have in Europe, or at least in Italy!!)?
    So far, no dif from 1.20 ROW except no chinese
    Same blazer, 1.0 Blue. nothing worth-while as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/19/2006 at 09:51 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Here is my custom 1.20-ENA rom. I stripped all langs but English, removed the tutorial, removed VersaMail, removed RealPlayer. I left the clock, calc, tips etc.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11333985/...ipped.zip.html
    James,
    first of all thanks for all your great job!!

Can you post a custom ROM exactly the same then the above one plus Versa?
    I think that it would be enougth to post the list of Versa files you removed (or give to me a link where I can find the list) from full ROM. It should be then enough to add them to your custom ROM in ROM\ace-palmos.zip, is it correct. Is it correct?

Thanks a lot!!
    Last edited by vittogn; 01/19/2006 at 03:47 AM.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Update for Asia-Pacific customers is out, too!

http://www.palm.com/sg/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Why is Palm releasing ENA (North America) and LAP (Asia Pacific) versions of the unlocked gsm updater? Are there region specific carrier differences?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkoh
    Update for Asia-Pacific customers is out, too!

http://www.palm.com/sg/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Says it is not for Chinese Treos so might be the ROW version. Says to check back later for Chinese update. Considering the leaked Chinese APR seems almost identical to the 1.71-1.20 ROW does it mean there might another update later?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Why is Palm releasing ENA (North America) and LAP (Asia Pacific) versions of the unlocked gsm updater? Are there region specific carrier differences?
    MBF, this is absolutely what I was trying to understand.
    Then I think that we can expect soon a European and Latin America one.

Can you compare ENA and LAP?

I'll keep you posted about Europe.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    There is no difference with LAP and ENA except for languages as LAP is english specific. Easier to customize : )
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast