Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 LastLast
    Resco Explorer will also list the size of the cache and other useful information about memory. It is listed under a pull down menu.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    From what I have understood from a long time of reading these posts here, the main cause of Treo crashes is shortage of dbcache in ROM.
    I sincerely doubt that there is any one primary cause
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    From what I have understood from a long time of reading these posts here, the main cause of Treo crashes is shortage of dbcache in ROM.

Treo tries to do what you ask of it, but runs out of ROM memory and crashes.

Therefore I have not added any extra software into the RAM on my custom firmware and think it would be foolish to do so.
    To say "it would be foolish to do so" might be alittle of an overstatement.
    The Official ENA Release has over 2mb of extra Langs. It would be hard to convince me that I would be 'foolish' to add only 1mb back in.
    My custom w/ solid apps backin is now at 7.2mb. still almost 1mb less than stock (Official) and w/ ENA I'm solid.
    So more free space in Rom means
    less crashes? Very well could be so.
    'Main reason for crashes'? More likely buggy 3rd part apps.
    Just call me Berd.
    'Main reason for crashes'?
    Lack of quality control in the Palm (HTC) production lines.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    MemoryInfo V1.1 is a good starting place
    Thanks. Found it.
    http://www.peterwalker.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    Here is the Select Network Hack for Jame's 1.20 ENA Custom #4.
    Does the select network hack for the normal 1.20 ENA not work on the FAT32 custom ROM? Or has just nobody actually tried it yet?
    My expectation normal 1.20 ENA hack should work because that file shouldn't have been affected.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I successfully installed a custom ROM from JamesG..'s #1 custom ROM. Everything is working fine, except for the Camcorder app. It doesn't record the audio portion of the video. Is it possible that a file has been inadvertently deleted from the ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante
    I successfully installed a custom ROM from JamesG..'s #1 custom ROM. Everything is working fine, except for the Camcorder app. It doesn't record the audio portion of the video. Is it possible that a file has been inadvertently deleted from the ROM?
    Check to see if you have AmrDecLib in RAM. If not you can search for it install it to RAM.
    I installed that file in my RAM and it still does not have the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Does the select network hack for the normal 1.20 ENA not work on the FAT32 custom ROM? Or has just nobody actually tried it yet?
    My expectation normal 1.20 ENA hack should work because that file shouldn't have been affected.
    Oh, I haven't tried it yet, because I had 1.20 ROW before. So i made this hack, thanks to your instructions of course, and just sharing with everyone... Did you already have 1.20 ENA one on ur website? Forgot to check...
    Also check in the Camcorder app that volume is turned up. After the upgrade it defaults to the low end of the scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Also check in the Camcorder app that volume is turned up. After the upgrade it defaults to the low end of the scale.
    It makes absolutely no difference. I did the full install. Is this another feature that requires the Palm updater?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    It makes absolutely no difference. I did the full install. Is this another feature that requires the Palm updater?
    Shouldn't. I have done several custom ROMs and had no problem. After you install AmrDecLib did you do a soft reset? I seem to remember it won't work until after a reset.
    Another thread w/ this issue:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ight=AmrDecLib
    Just call me Berd.
    hi all, I unknowingly updated the firmware from the palm US site and am not able to overwrite with the firmware from the Asia pacific site. (I'm from Singapore) Now my versamail is still working normally but I am not able to surf the web. Everytime when I surf, the blazer get hang for 15 sec and then the message "the page you requested cannot be displayed. The website you are trying to access may be tempoarilyunavailableor the URL you entered cannot be resolved. Please check that you correctly entred the URL ot try again later" appears. Can any one please assist ?? Thanx a million.
    I did a soft reset after I installed the AmrDec file, and the sound worked fine. Thanks for the help.
    I did a soft reset after I installed the AmrDec file, and the sound worked fine. Thanks for the help.
    That's what most of us are here for, to help, and of course be helped.
    The Palm update documentation says:

"Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes GMail support
    Added support for GMail attachment downloads via web browser"

So why does the update distributed here only have Versamail 3.1E?
    The Palm update documentation says:

"Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes GMail support
    Added support for GMail attachment downloads via web browser"

So why does the update distributed here only have Versamail 3.1E?
    I think it is just a typo.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by livy
    hi all, I unknowingly updated the firmware from the palm US site and am not able to overwrite with the firmware from the Asia pacific site. (I'm from Singapore) Now my versamail is still working normally but I am not able to surf the web. Everytime when I surf, the blazer get hang for 15 sec and then the message "the page you requested cannot be displayed. The website you are trying to access may be tempoarilyunavailableor the URL you entered cannot be resolved. Please check that you correctly entred the URL ot try again later" appears. Can any one please assist ?? Thanx a million.
    You might need to downgrade to the 1.13 ROW version first. If you look through the earlier pages of this thread you should find a link to a download of the earlier version. Then you should be able to upgrade to 1.20 LAP.