Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Why would this make a difference? I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary effort and wearing out my Treo's ROM ;-)
    afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $correct$ $values$ $starting$ $from$ $a$ $previous$ $FW$ $version$ $with$ $the$ $SD$ $method$.

You have to update trhough palmupdater an then using the CF or JG rom, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Why would this make a difference? I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary effort and wearing out my Treo's ROM ;-)
    Doubtful you will wear out the ROM. If flashed mine over 50 times w/o any damage or wear. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Seems like a token on your Treo is not updating. Going to 1.13 will hopefully force the overwrite of the stubborn token.
    Going to 1.13 will hopefully force the overwrite of the stubborn token.
    Going to 1.13 removes the cc-cap and the 255 values, and then you have to run palmupdater again to get the correct values.

In other words if you go to 1.13 you are going in the opposite direction than the wanted one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Going to 1.13 removes the cc-cap and the 255 values, and then you have to run palmupdater again to get the correct values.

In other words if you go to 1.13 you are going in the opposite direction than the wanted one.
    It does not remove it. It just doesn't have a form to display or reference to it. All versions of ROM have a CC-Cap & Carrier DB version. If you can't see CC-Cap in 1.20, then it lost the reference. 1.13 has Carrier DB version of 238. I have confirmed this in testing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif
    Just to chime in. I also had to go back to a different version then upgrade to get this right the first time.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    It does not remove it. It just doesn't have a form to display or reference to it. All versions of ROM have a CC-Cap & Carrier DB version. If you can't see CC-Cap in 1.20, then it lost the reference. 1.13 has Carrier DB version of 238. I have confirmed this in testing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif
    I followed your instructions to the letter, but it makes no difference. No CC-Cap, and carrier DB of 249 after downgrading to 1.13, hard reset, upgrade to 1.20, hard reset
    Look here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=124
    what happen when you are moving from a version to another (at the time of the post your rom was not posted).

If you are moving from 1.20 (completely upgraded) to an earlier version, and then to 1.20 via SD your cc-cap will be blank and the CarrierDB= 249.

This mean that CarrierDB become downgraded, but cc-cap becomes *lost*
    Look here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=124
    what happen when you are moving from a version to another (at the time of the post your rom was not posted).

If you are moving from 1.20 (completely upgraded) to an earlier version, and then to 1.20 via SD your cc-cap will be blank and the CarrierDB= 249.

Mine has always been lost!
    <snip>
    (at the time of the post your rom was not posted).
    <snip>

*Exactly*. Before our post. This has been resolved.
    I followed your instructions to the letter, but it makes no difference. No CC-Cap, and carrier DB of 249 after downgrading to 1.13, hard reset, upgrade to 1.20, hard reset
    Dont waste your time

You can:

#1 Wait for the mac upgrader

#2 call a friend with a PC to upgrade your treo

#3 wait for a new (improved) "magic" rom produced by our brains.
    Last edited by The Solutor; 02/04/2006 at 03:40 PM.
    Why not just put the files in RAM? You backup and restore via SD right? With out the Palm updater it may not work. Unless you want to help fix this. Don't get to frustrated by it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

This has been resolved.
    I can't confirm this.

In my testings your (usefull) rom can update a previoulsly upgraded treo via palmupdater but not a treo with an early FW version.

I've tried this many times upgrading and downgrading a couples of treo.
    I can't confirm this.

In my testings your (usefull) rom can update a previoulsly upgraded treo via palmupdater but not a treo with an early FW version.

I've tried this many times upgrading and downgrading a couples of treo.
    I *have* confirmed this on many Treos that have not been upgraded thru Palm installer. And, I just confirmed with mine. I went to 1.13 confirmed my Carrier DB @ 238, then back to 1.20 with Carrier DB @ 255 & CC-Cap present.

This is not a forum to argue. This is a forum to support users. If you are not going to provide positive suggestions, then please do not post.
    This is not a forum to argue.
    I absolutely don't want to ctiticise your work, but If ' cant confirm what are you sayng, what do you want, that i lie ?

Your rom does not work for me and not odysseus, this *IS* a contribution and not a pointless arguing.

Or do you think we are both lier ?
    By ratio of the number of downloads to people having an issue leads me to beleive there is something either different in what you are doing or there is a difference in your Treo.

By ratio of the number of downloads to people having an issue leads me to beleive there is something either different in what you are doing or there is a difference in your Treo.
    I' think that majority of pepole had tried to upgrade first via palmupgrader, because this I think that the numer of downloads doesn't matter.

We have to look at the MAC users that surely have never upgraded via PU

or there is a difference in your Treo
    This is possible.
    I' think that majority of pepole had tried to upgrade first via palmupgrader, because this I think that the numer of downloads doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut

What you don't undersand ?

Why people mainly uses th upgrade via SD ?

I think mainly to costomize theyr ROMs.

Now I think that those users have upgraded via PU in no time after the release, an then they tried to customize some roms.

For this reason the CF rom have solved the problem (the problem was solved for me too) but the problem still present for the mac users that never have ugraded before because the lack of MAC PU.

This is what I think
    I used the latest version of the SD updater package from James (custom # 4) with an SD restore using Botzman backup. I am a mac user, so have not been able to do any Palm mac updaters. I have as a result 1.71, 1.20-ENA, with CC-Cap blank and Carrier DB 249. After reading all of these pages, I suspect that I will need to use the mac palm updater process, redo using Jame's custom # 4, and restore using my SB Botzam restore in order to get Carrier DB 255 and keep it after a soft reset or hard reset. I gather loading the two carrier files into RAM would work, but as a Mac user I have no T650 tool software available like PC users do. So at this point, I gather I just have to wait for the Palm mac updater? Is that correct?
    Myles
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Why not just put the files in RAM? You backup and restore via SD right? With out the Palm updater it may not work. Unless you want to help fix this. Don't get to frustrated by it.
    First of all, I don't understand what sort of magic the Windows Palm updater is providing. Can't you guys figure out what sort of file it is transferring to the Palm? How did you build the SD firmware update in the first place?

Second, even with the files in RAM, CC-Cap is still blank

Why isn't the original Palm / Mac 1.13 updater available?