Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    James,

I have loaded the stripped version, done a clean install and reloaded / re-registered all my apps. It seems to be working fine.

Phone info shows:

Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-LAP
    Hardware: A
    CC-Cap:
    Carrier DB: 251

Is that all OK?

I had a weird experience when I could not send SMS (check your SIM card) and all incoming calls were "unknown caller". But once I did a soft reset these 2 problems went away.

I still can't change the Memo sort (resets) but I can live with a manual sort.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Peter
    You should have carrierdb 255. You can download the 2 files needed from the link page.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I don't understand. You've posted the CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2 files. These are loaded into RAM from ROM, right? So your version of the firmware update doesn't include them?

In addition to a DB value of 255, is it correct that the current version of CC-Cap should be ENA-ENA-001?

CC-Cap shows nothing on my Treo
    255 is included in the ROM but with out certain things being updated by the installer it does not update.

I posted the RA versions so if it does not work just replace the ones you have in RAM with these.

My revised ROMs are based off CraniumFunk's full version. I stripped other langs because the smaller the ROM the more dbcache you have. Cranium's is the full unaltered version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    James,

I have loaded the stripped version, done a clean install and reloaded / re-registered all my apps. It seems to be working fine.

Phone info shows:

Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-LAP
    Hardware: A
    CC-Cap:
    Carrier DB: 251

Is that all OK?

I had a weird experience when I could not send SMS (check your SIM card) and all incoming calls were "unknown caller". But once I did a soft reset these 2 problems went away.

I still can't change the Memo sort (resets) but I can live with a manual sort.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Peter
    You should be @ 255 w/ LAP after hard reset. If you are @ 251, and willing to try, you might downgrade to 1.13 ROW first then upgrade to James 1.20 LAP modified. Better to be @ 255 after hard reset. During testing, can you record the firmware & software versions and post your results? I have posted an SD custom 1.13 ROW complete ROM here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567

Be sure you end up with either one of my ROMs or one of James ROMs. To be safe, you might try redownloading his ROM too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    My revised ROMs are based off CraniumFunk's full version. I stripped other langs because the smaller the ROM the more dbcache you have. Cranium's is the full unaltered version.
    But how is your full ROM different from Cranium's full?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Yes. You might need to run the official updater first, then run the custom ROM.
    Can't run official updater, I have a Mac.
    But how is your full ROM different from Cranium's full?
    If you are using a link to a full ROM from me it is old and DON'T USE IT.

Only use links from this post:http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564

If you are using a link to a full ROM from me it is old and DON'T USE IT.

Only use links from this post:http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    OK. Does CraniumFunk's firmware also fix the CarrierDB, AmrDecLib issues?
    Last edited by odysseus; 02/04/2006 at 01:28 PM.
    OK. Does CraniumFunk's firmware also fix the CarrierDB, AmrDecLib issues?
    Yes, My revised ROMs are based on his ROM.

Yes, My revised ROMs are based on his ROM.
    Well, I just updated to his ROM, and after configuring the keyboard and digitizer, the DB version is still 249

Normal?
    Well, I just updated to his ROM, and after configuring the keyboard and digitizer, the DB version is still 249 http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif

Normal?
    Did you hard reset again after the upgrade?
    Well, I just updated to his ROM, and after configuring the keyboard and digitizer, the DB version is still 249

Normal?

Run again the official updater (using a temp profile), I had the same issue, for same reason when I upgraded via palmupdater an then via SD, something was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Run again the official updater (using a temp profile), I had the same issue, for same reason when I upgraded via palmupdater an then via SD, something was wrong.
    He can't. He's using a Mac. Read above.
    James or Cranium
    So, by following these threads, am I correct in saying that it is still necessary to do the official update first.
    Would there by a step by step process that would insure a successful update so as not to have these repeated posts on unsuccessful updates.
    Not complaining, just concerned that some still seem to have trouble. I would be glad to make a Step by Step list that could be put w/ the Posted Custom Roms, or like the text file you added in your zip.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, I just updated to his ROM, and after configuring the keyboard and digitizer, the DB version is still 249 http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif

Normal?
    If after hard reset, u are still @ Carrier DB 249, then first try to downgrade to 1.13 ROW. You can find this at the post below. Make sure to hard reset again after the updater then check that you get firmware @ 1.28 and software @ 1.13 ROW. Then re-run either James or my custom ROM for 1.20. Afterwards, do another hard reset and check the firmware & software. If your Carrier DB @ 255, then proceed with SD restore, if you have one. Otherwise, hotsync restore, BUT make sure Hotsync restore settings are "Handheld overwrites desktop" before first restore. Please record all the version information as you proceed and post your results.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567
    He can't. He's using a Mac. Read above.

If he can't, I think he cant get the wanted result with this release of custom rom.

It was hard for me with a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    James or Cranium
    So, by following these threads, am I correct in saying that it still necessary to do the official update first.
    Would there by a step by step process that would insure a successful update so as not to have these repeated posts on unsuccessful updates.
    Not complaining, just concerned that some still seem to have trouble. I would be glad to make a Step by Step list that could be put w/ the Posted Custom Roms, or like the text file you added in your zip.
    In case a direct upgrade to 1.20 is not getting Carrier DB 255 or missing CC-Cap w/ hard reset after the upgrade, I think they should downgrade to 1.13 ROW first by SD, which is available with my 1.20 ROMs, then hard reset, then upgrade to either James or my 1.20 ROMs, then hard reset again.

Reported results are collectively difficult to interpret since occasionally we have user error.

If you wanna start a list, we can work it through and post a complete version. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/04/2006 at 03:07 PM.
    Did you hard reset again after the upgrade?
    No. Does that really make a difference? Do I need to go through the whole upgrade procedure again, or can I just do a hard reset, and then restore?
    No. Does that really make a difference? Do I need to go through the whole upgrade procedure again, or can I just do a hard reset, and then restore?
    Just need a hard reset afterwards.
    Just need a hard reset afterwards.
    Makes no difference
    If after hard reset, u are still @ Carrier DB 249, then first try to downgrade to 1.13 ROW. You can find this at the post below.
    Why would this make a difference? I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary effort and wearing out my Treo's ROM ;-)