Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    There are 8 needed files.
    Latin people was saing

in medio stat virtus

(the truth is in the mid)
    Tried Custom#1 ROM from post #564 but still get CarrierDB 249. These are the steps:-

1- Hard reset
    2- Run updater
    3- Select English on language select screen. After this it reboot itself.
    4- Press the key "Z" and calibrate touchscreen.
    5- Check phone info and gives CarrierDB 249.
    6- Hard reset.
    7- Check phone info and gives CarrierDB 249.

James, any idea why it does't works ? Am I missing some other steps ? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Tried Custom#1 ROM from post #564 but still get CarrierDB 249. These are the steps:-

1- Hard reset
    2- Run updater
    3- Select English on language select screen. After this it reboot itself.
    4- Press the key "Z" and calibrate touchscreen.
    5- Check phone info and gives CarrierDB 249.
    6- Hard reset.
    7- Check phone info and gives CarrierDB 249.

James, any idea why it does't works ? Am I missing some other steps ? Thanks.
    Try downloading it again and run it again, I updated it once yesturday. I just did and it went as planned. Please let me know your result.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Try downloading it again and run it again, I updated it once yesturday. I just did and it went as planned. Please let me know your result.
    I download it today around 12:00 p.m. EST. Any other suggestion ? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    OK James, sorry for the stupid request about listing all files!!
    A version Custom 1 + Versa would be very apreciated......but if there is an easy way to identify all Versamail files I could do it by my self (i.e. Versa*.*).....or trying to do it!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot again.
    I posted a new custom2 stripped with versamail, I updated the main link but here it is again.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12396259/...ed_VM.zip.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I download it today around 12:00 p.m. EST. Any other suggestion ? Thanks.
    Do you see the file DelCap... if you view files with FileZ?

Do you see the file DelCap... if you view files with FileZ?
    Did you mean to check *before* a hard reset at step 6 above ? Because, now there is no file DelCap...
    Did you mean to check *before* a hard reset at step 6 above ? Because, now there is no file DelCap...
    That is what I wanted to know. Can I talk you into trying again and make the SD card is in until you get to the digitizer screen?

That is what I wanted to know. Can I talk you into trying again and make the SD card is in until you get to the digitizer screen?
    Just run the updater again. After the screen calibration is completed, I remove the SD and put back my PALM folder to get to FileZ but cannot see any files with DelCap...
    Just run the updater again. After the screen calibration is completed, I remove the SD and put back my PALM folder to get to FileZ but cannot see any files with DelCap...
    And you are at 249?

And you are at 249?
    Yes. Even with and without the radio turned on
    Yes. Even with and without the radio turned on
    Can you try CF full version and see if it works? Or have you?

Can you try CF full version and see if it works? Or have you?
    Yes I did that first from post #567 with the same results. After that I tried yours with the same results
    Yes I did that first from post #567 with the same results. After that I tried yours with the same results
    Hmm. Did you ever use one of my older ROMs? If so, did you have the DelCap file with that one?

Hmmm. . . StevenChoi, do u have any other files in PALM folder on SD other than installer files? Are you getting any errors during the 15 seconds ROM flash?

Try a hard reset, then immediately a warm reset, then run the installer.
    Hmm. Did you ever use one of my older ROMs? If so, did you have the DelCap file with that one?
    I have been using your previous ROM (thank you) but never take notice if DelCap exists. Previously, I put the necessary files in RAM to get 255. Only now I try both CF and your latest Custom#1 ROM when you guys announce that a solution were found to get 255 that survice a hard reset. Any other suggestion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Hmmm. . . StevenChoi, do u have any other files in PALM folder on SD other than installer files? Are you getting any errors during the 15 seconds ROM flash?

Try a hard reset, then immediately a warm reset, then run the installer.
    I first rename my PALM folder to something else then copy the PALM folder from the downloaded ROM. During the updating process there is no error. During the 15 seconds ROM flash (after about 15 seconds), the phone would just reboot by itself ( I guess this is normal ? ). I always hard reset before any ROM update.
    I first rename my PALM folder to something else then copy the PALM folder from the downloaded ROM. During the updating process there is no error. During the 15 seconds ROM flash (after about 15 seconds), the phone would just reboot by itself ( I guess this is normal ? ). I always hard reset before any ROM update.
    For sake of testing, try hard reset, then immediately a warm reset, then plug in and insert sd. You should not see the bluetooth icon on phone screen after a warm reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    For sake of testing, try hard reset, then immediately a warm reset, then plug in and insert sd. You should not see the bluetooth icon on phone screen after a warm reset.
    Just try that and same results with 249.
    Just try that and same results with 249.
    Have you tried through a desktop using Palm installer?