Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Why is it such a concern to have 255 after Hard-Reset?
    We are all going to do a restore to get back our other stuff anyway, right?
    Or am I avoiding this issue because I do a Full SD Restore after a Hard-Reset and not HotSync restore?
    Might not be any benefit right now. But the closer our files are to how Palm intends them to be, the more predictable our custom ROMs becomes.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/01/2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Might not be any benefit right now. But the closer our files are to how Palm intends them to be, the more predictable our custom ROMs becomes.
    Get it!
    Got it!
    Good!
    And Next Official Release you'll be a Jump ahead of the Game
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    For those looking for a stripped 120 LAP version. I want to make sure before I do this that I don't have an issue with the carrierdb. If I remember it is 251 and does not have any issues after a restore. If so I will strip one like the old version 4. If not I will need to add another lang. Let me know somebody.
    Official 1.20 LAP has CarrierDB @ 255.
    Warm fuzzies.
    Obsessed? Maybe.
    Nothin Wrong w/dat.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Official 1.20 LAP has CarrierDB @ 255.
    same issue then.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Okay, To have a second language for the setup process to fool you Treo into behaving it only takes 7 files at about 25k. Quite a bit better than the whole lang. Smaller than the amrdeclib fix.

I will post a new stripped ROM, with only these files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I will post a new stripped ROM, with only these files
    Please post the list too, and if it is possible some hints to build a magic rom with different prefernces.

Or you want to build a TIM rom with Italian only language for me and every kind of rom for other users from any country with various level of stripping and preferences ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Please post the list too, and if it is possible some hints to build a magic rom with different prefernces.

Or you want to build a TIM rom with Italian only language for me and every kind of rom for other users from any country with various level of stripping and preferences ?
    Yea, A-whole-lotta Roms,
    Gimme a A-whole-lotta Lumps,
    I mean Roms
    Just call me Berd.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 02/07/2006 at 01:05 AM.

Yea, A-whole-lotta Roms,Gimme a A-whole-lotta Lumps,I mean Roms

Files:
    DigitizerPnl_XXXX.oprc
    IIDatalib_XXXX.oprc
    LatinLocModule-2X_XXXX.oprc
    LocalLib_XXXX.oprc
    LocsLib_XXXX.oprc
    SetupApp_XXXX.oprc
    SplashscreenColor-2X_XXXX.oprc

Just replace the XXXX with a second lang of your choice.

Is this an Updated Custom #1, or #2 or what
    Just call me Berd.
    Yea, A-whole-lotta Roms,
    Gimme a A-whole-lotta Lumps,
    I mean Roms

Is this an Updated Custom #1, or #2 or what
    Custom1 fully stripped I am not going to redo the others.

Custom1 fully stripped I am not going to redo the others.
    Thanks again.
    That's the one I wanted.
    Just call me Berd.
    Files:
    DigitizerPnl_XXXX.oprc
    IIDatalib_XXXX.oprc
    LatinLocModule-2X_XXXX.oprc
    LocalLib_XXXX.oprc
    LocsLib_XXXX.oprc
    SetupApp_XXXX.oprc
    SplashscreenColor-2X_XXXX.oprc

Just replace the XXXX with a second lang of your choice.
    Ok, tanks very much, but what about the process to get the correct CarrierDB (which is the point of this topic) what i can add/remove/edit to get the "magic" rom starting from a "vanilla" one ?
    Perhaps you guys noticed that other post about getting all this organized.
    As If!
    Just call me Berd.
    Ok, tanks very much, but what about the process to get the correct CarrierDB (which is the point of this topic) what i can add/remove/edit to get the "magic" rom starting from a "vanilla" one ?
    Take a look at the ROM the /PALM structure needs to match. Then you need to have a second lang because the "magic" happens only if the Lang Selection screen appears. The files you need are just those to trigger the that screen.

jamesgangut

Just to be paranoid do you think is possible to put seven 0Byte lengt files instead of the real ones to fool the phone, or there is some kind of checking at boot ?
    Perhaps you guys noticed that other post about getting all this organized.
    As If!
    It is tough, that is why when I post new ROMs I clip the old message links.