Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    how about the volume issue???
    is VC still required?? I used it till today...want to check if they fixed the vol.
    anyone already did a field test with new update?? meaning outside the room on the road!!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    James and MFB
    Got it to work.
    Use shadows T3 instructions
    put all .prcs in palm/launcher.
    put everything else in rom folder.
    now you can custom the acepalmos.
    Worked for me, but at home now and no internet to upload for post.
    Its APR?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html

What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.20 for Unlocked GSM?

Performance enhancements:

Improved memory handling for opening larger web pages
    Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headset or carkits*
    Improved voice quality
    Improved device performance for heavy data usage such as email or web downloads.
    Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes Gmail support
    Added support for Gmail attachment downloads via web browser
    Improved performance and increased stability with third-party email solutions that are offered directly from carrier partners
    Added support for wired carkits
    Updated carrier settings for data connections and MMS or when roaming internationally
    Masked password entry in browser to increase privacy
    Improved customizable voice or sound recordings for specific callers

* Only in areas where wired carkits are available
    For those 2005-2006 BMW drivers out there with the factory Bluetooth Hands Free kit you will be very happy. The Unlocked GSM Treo now works perfectly with the car after applying this update!! This was the one thing I was most unhappy about - but now the device is complete! Woo Hoo!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I updated my cing branded locked 650 to ROW software once, maybe I can do it again. I'll seach the boards and see if I can figure it out, has anyone else tried yet? I think there was a patch or something that allowed me to install ROW without bricking if anyone has the thread bookmarked please post. I will if I find it first.

Ed
    James and MFB
    Got it to work.
    Use shadows T3 instructions
    put all .prcs in palm/launcher.
    put everything else in rom folder.
    now you can custom the acepalmos.
    Worked for me, but at home now and no internet to upload for post.
    So this is 1.20 ENA right?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Found it....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...tware+cingular

So any cingular users with me? First I may downgrade to cing 1.15 then to row 1.23 ROW then this, should work, or may brick my phone , any thoughts? Yea im a little afraid to try but anyone who is in the know more than me have a comment on weather this will work.
    Hey jamesgangut (and everyone). I've been away from this forum for a LONG time, and am contemplating this update. I'm still STABLE at FW ver. 1.31 and SW ver. 1.06! Versamail still at 3.0C. Still using VolumCare and dealing with LONG dialtones (with delays)

Can anyone remind me (or lead me to the instructions on this forum) how to do the custom update?

I would like to dump Real and non-English stuff.

Sorry, but I have meetings and may not have enough time to search back through the forum for instructions.

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    Last edited by siriusbliss; 01/18/2006 at 10:12 PM. Reason: tracking
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    how about the volume issue???
    is VC still required?? I used it till today...want to check if they fixed the vol.
    anyone already did a field test with new update?? meaning outside the room on the road!!

I'm interested in this too. Any comments from those who have installed? I probably won't get a chance until this weekend.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    Hey jamesgangut (and everyone). I've been away from this forum for a LONG time, and am contemplating this update. I'm still STABLE at FW ver. 1.31 and SW ver. 1.06! Versamail still at 3.0C. Still using VolumCare and dealing with LONG dialtones (with delays)

Can anyone remind me (or lead me to the instructions on this forum) how to do the custom update?

I would like to dump Real and non-English stuff.

Sorry, but I have meetings and may not have enough time to search back through the forum for instructions.

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    Here's my quicklist:

1- Backup data (Backupman to SD)
    2- Hard reset
    3- Get a different SD, erase everything on it.
    4- Download a ROM. Unzip ROM to a folder on my Desktop.
    5- Copy the PALM directory to the SD. MAke sure the PALM directory shows at the root of the SD.
    6- Plugin power to Treo.
    7- Insert SD, be patient, DON'T take out the SD until you are at either a language screen or the digitizer screen. Then DO take out the SD and proceed.
    8- Restore data.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Its APR?
    No it's ENA.
    installed the SD method: rev cvt2 (return) ace (return).
    Sorry bout slow responses, browzn w/ phone.
    Tried Flashing 2 times, works great. Now I'm busy getting all the extra langs out.
    Just call me Berd.
    jamesgangut,

Thanks to your upload, I just updated my rom. I removed the tips and mmsmart files left behind in your acepalmos.zip No more chinese in the languages selection! I dont know how to use the java tool of Shadow yet. Can you point me to a step by step. I actually get lost in the java commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    jamesgangut,

Thanks to your upload, I just updated my rom. I removed the tips and mmsmart files left behind in your acepalmos.zip No more chinese in the languages selection! I dont know how to use the java tool of Shadow yet. Can you point me to a step by step. I actually get lost in the java commands.
    I just went to the ROMs section. I am no better with java I am just about to try flashing the way the taz guy did, with my ace file. If it works the ROM zip will be huge, like 17MB.

MFB- I could post the files I extracted with shadowmites tool if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    So this is 1.20 ENA right?
    Yes it's ENA.
    Tried Flashing 2 times, (2nd time w/ filez and another app.) works great. Now I'm busy getting all the extra langs out.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes it's ENA.
    Tried Flashing 2 times, (2nd time w/ filez and another app.) works great. Now I'm busy getting all the extra langs out.
    I am not getting what your saying I guess. Where are these instructions?

Nevermind I found it.

Well, this isn't good! After I performed the update and re-synced my old stuff, the unit keeps resetting itself. I performed a hard reset and it stopped. Obviously something in my old apps isn't compatable but I'mm need to start adding one thing at a time to see what that is. Dang!!
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Yes it's ENA.
    You have an Unlocked, Cingular Treo-650 and did the latest firmware update for the UNBRANDED, UNLOCKED,T-650 and it runs well???? Congrats!!!!!

1) how is the voice quality for the caller and the user?
    2) did the firmware upgrade to the bluetooth to 1.2?
    3) was this firmware any better than the one release in Nov. 2005 Firmware=1.51 and s/w= 1.17-CNG??
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I just went to the ROMs section. I am no better with java I am just about to try flashing the way the taz guy did, with my ace file. If it works the ROM zip will be huge, like 17MB.
    You might want to read up on it at shadows site first.
    The Rom folder does not get zipped. If you don't find info at shadowmites before I get back to a desktop, I will get the links together for you. I think one forum that helped me was called something like: "custom rom by dummy for dummys."
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast