Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb
    Thanks James - your ROMs have been greatly appreciated by me and I am sure by the forum community.
    I was a little busy last night and did not get to this but I will.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mriner
    James, appreciate the help. So if I run your 120-ENA-Custom 1 updater from post #378, and then restore from a Botzman Backup SD card backup/restore after running the updater, will I have carrier version 255? Do I need to make sure that carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 are not restored from my SD backup?
    Sorry, but I am finding this carrier 255 portion of the thread pretty confusing.
    Myles
    Just wait on the 255 thing. It is confusing to say the least. Cranium Funk and I are working on this. We will let you know when we have it working for sure.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    jamesgangut,

What if we have no file DelCapLibDb and still sport 249?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Same issue here. I was able to 'force' 255 by copying over the 'proper' carrierdb2.pdb and networkdb2.pdb files but considered this less than ideal as a hard reset would resurrect the 249 version.

P.S. james... are you going to post the same type of stripped versions of these new ROMs as you have done before?
    I will post some new versions when this is working right.

Unlocked GSM ROMs

1.20 ENA ROM revised

These versions are stripped of all but English and some German files*

Fixes:
    - Included older SMS smart text to allow emocicons.
    - Included Camcorder icon
    - CarrierDB, AmrDecLib issues resolved.
    - Fat32 added to those denoted +++Fat32+++

* Must keep 8 language files for the carrierDB and AmrDeclib issue to be resolved.

Links were deleted.

Try here for current custom roms:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=195

Special Thanks to CraniumFunk

***If after running this you still have carrier version 249 replace with these versions. Turn radio off delete files and replace.***
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 03/14/2007 at 07:13 PM.

For those looking for a stripped 120 LAP version. I want to make sure before I do this that I don't have an issue with the carrierdb. If I remember it is 251 and does not have any issues after a restore. If so I will strip one like the old version 4. If not I will need to add another lang. Let me know somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    1.20 ENA ROM revised

These versions are stripped of all but English and German*

Fixes:

* Must have at least 2 languages for the carrierDB and AmrDeclib issue to be resolved.

.....clip.....

I selected German just because of ease in removing files, These are the automated SD method. Hard reset after ROM setup before restore.

Special Thanks to CraniumFunk
    Would it be a big deal if I removed Germ also and restored Carrier DB as you instructed before? (That gives about an extra 1mb)
    I know your saying for the Car DB to update correctly, we need atleast 2 Langs. But, could I not just do that manually myself.
    Just call me Berd.
    Behold, the new ROMs!

Complete 1.20 ENA:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12280661/1.20ENAFull.zip.html

Comlete 1.20 ENA w/ FAT32, SMS fix & Real removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12996097/1.20ENA_Full_Mod.zip.html

Complete 1.20 LAP:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12280896/1.20LAPFull.zip.html

Complete 1.13 ROW:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12550289/1.13ROWFull.zip.html

Complete 1.13a SPRINT w/ FAT32:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12832861/1.13a-SPNT-Full_FAT32_.zip.html

Directions to install:
    1. Backup Treo.
    2. Using card reader, rename PALM folder on SD card to PALM-old.
    3. Download the ROM & extract the PALM folder from the zip file. Copy the PALM folder to the root directory of the SD card.
    4. Hard Reset, do screen calibration. Should be at Phone app. Push Home button to get to Palm Launcher (you will see program icons).
    5. In Palm Launcher, insert SD card. . . Wait. . .Firmware updates. . .Wait. . .ROM updates. . .Phone will reboot a couple times.
    6. When u get to touchscreen calibration, remove SD card. Do calibration to get to Phone app.
    7. Hard Reset (to be safe).
    8. Restore Treo.

These can be customized using Shadowmite's Treo650 Custom Rom Tool available here:
    http://shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip

Be sure to check this Master File Description about which files can be deleted:
    http://www.shadowmite.com/filelist.pdf

Looking for the ROM fix for SMS emoticons in 1.20? Replace the file below in your custom ROM.

Wanna know what the Palm 1.20 updater is technically doing?? See the attached pdf below for the procedure.

Looking for the FAT32 fix? Remove the file FATFS.prc from the custom ROM & replace it with FAT32.prc (Using Shadowmite's T650 ROM Tool)

A new limitation has been identified in 1.20. In order to hold CarrierDB 255 after Hard Reset, you *must* leave at least 2 languages in ROM. It seems the language selector app after Hard Reset triggers CarrierDB 255 & AmrDecLib to be created from ROM.

Wanna thank Jamesgangut for all his testing & time!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/10/2006 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Doc updated
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Would it be a big deal if I removed Germ also and restored Carrier DB as you instructed before? (That gives about an extra 1mb)
    I know your saying for the Car DB to update correctly, we need atleast 2 Langs. But, could I not just do that manually myself.
    Yes you can.

I don't think enough Thanks can be said.
    Very, Very, Much Thanks!
    Cranium & James
    Just call me Berd.
    I feel like making Taz Spin For JOY!
    But, Don't want anyone to get a Headache..
    Just call me Berd.
    1.20 ENA ROM revised

Worked like a champ. Thank you sooooo much.

Maz
    * Must have at least 2 languages for the carrierDB and AmrDeclib issue to be resolved.

I' think the two languages problem was already solved, if I understand correctly what do you mean.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...9&page=6&pp=30
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    I' think the two languages problem was already solved, if I understand correctly what do you mean.

This is different. The Language selection program has to run, The files are created in ROM at that point. If you only have one lang it skips this.

It Has Been 2 Weeks And No Problems. Sound Quai;ty Is Better And The Bluetooth Now Works In My Rangerover.
    1.20 ENA ROM revised

These versions are stripped of all but English and German*

Fixes:

James, GREAT like always!!!

4 questions:
    1- How many MB will we loose in having 2 languages?
    2- Do u advice me to update even if:
    - I used the file you posted to fix emocions and they work fine
    - My Carrier DB has always shown (I don't know why!!) 255
    - I used your last release (post #378) that should have already fixed AmrDecLib, ins't it?
    3- What is Camcorder icon?
    4- Does these last creations include last BT files (version 2.0 I think) or the previously posted 1.3 (I think)?

Thanks as always for all yuor efforts.
    Last edited by vittogn; 02/01/2006 at 03:51 PM.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    This is different. The Language selection program has to run, The files are created in ROM at that point. If you only have one lang it skips this.
    Ok, now is clear.

Now I think the next step is identifing the only file (or the couple of them) of the unwanted second language needed to fool the phone and trigger the language select screen, and deleting all the other files of the unwanted language.

This is a different issue. Yours is refering to using another language than english only. So in your case, Italian only.

The issue we are pointing out is, for CarrierDB to be at 255 & AmrDecLib present in RAM after Hard Reset, it is necessary to have 2 languages availabe on Treo, doesn't matter which 2 languages. Seems there is a routine when the language selector is opened after hard reset.

Without 2 languages present, the language selector is bypassed, thereby bypassing the "255 routine".
    Why is it such a concern to have 255 after Hard-Reset?
    We are all going to do a restore to get back our other stuff anyway, right?
    Or am I avoiding this issue because I do a Full SD Restore after a Hard-Reset and not HotSync restore?
    Just call me Berd.
    Ok, now is clear.

Now I think the next step is identifing the only file (or the couple of them) of the unwanted second language needed to fool the phone and trigger the language select screen, and deleting all the other files of the unwanted language.
    Working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Why is it such a concern to have 255 after Hard-Reset?
    We are all going to do a restore to get back our other stuff anyway, right?
    Or am I avoiding this issue because I do a Full SD Restore after a Hard-Reset and not HotSync restore?
    Warm fuzzies.
    Obsessed? Maybe.