Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms
    i updated my phone (t-mobile) about 2 weeks ago with the firmware update. i still seem to have a rest problem after phone calls. every once in a while the phone will reset after a call. i could live with that. but twice now it has gone into a reset loop and simply will not remain set. all apps work but when i hit the on button for the phone the reset loop takes over.

nothing i can do at the time seems to do anything and then after about 5 or 10 minutes the phone seems to find it's way and is able to remain on.

any suggestions?
    What do you get with the #*377?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hi james..i'm not sure what you mean...

alan
    James, will the procedure you outlined below work for the custom 1 updater (english only, no tutorial) you posted a week or so ago, which resulted in firmware 0.171 software 1.13 ROW, or should I first apply your Treo650 1.20/1.71 ENA updater on top of my current version, and then use the procedure below? (Cingular unlocked)

Also, I am not sure how to get fileZ back after a hard reset without restoring all the other files with it. Do you put fileZ on an sd card and transfer it over? Could you also just restore everything except the network and carrier profiles first (removing them before the post-reset sync), and THEN modify the delcaplibdb file with file z?
    Myles
    To change to 255 you can:
    1- Backup data.
    2- Hard Reset.
    3- With an app like FileZ locate the file DelCapLibDb, under the Attrbs uncheck RecourseDB. When you save this change the Treo will reset and the carrier version will be 255
    4- Restore Data, Make sure that you do not restore carrierprofiles2 or networkprofiles2.
    I was running 1.71/1.20 ROW. I downgraded to 1.28 using a ROM I got from this forum some time ago and then upgraded to the 1.71/1.20 Lap version I got from the Palm site in Australia. All went as smooth as silk.
    Since then I changed to jamesgangut custom rom #4 (stripped) and all works well except I now have ENA and not LAP.
    Is there any chance James or MFB or some kind soul could create a similar stripped ROM from the LAP version and not the ENA version as James already has done. Would be really appreciated.

Richard Banham
    South Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms
    hi james..i'm not sure what you mean...

alan
    in phone app type #*377 send it will give you what it is failing on. That is a start to resolving your looping.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mriner
    James, will the procedure you outlined below work for the custom 1 updater (english only, no tutorial) you posted a week or so ago, which resulted in firmware 0.171 software 1.13 ROW, or should I first apply your Treo650 1.20/1.71 ENA updater on top of my current version, and then use the procedure below? (Cingular unlocked)

Also, I am not sure how to get fileZ back after a hard reset without restoring all the other files with it. Do you put fileZ on an sd card and transfer it over? Could you also just restore everything except the network and carrier profiles first (removing them before the post-reset sync), and THEN modify the delcaplibdb file with file z?
    Myles
    1- Backup data.
    2- Hard Reset.
    3- With an app like FileZ locate the file DelCapLibDb, under the Attrbs uncheck RecourseDB. When you save this change the Treo will reset and the carrier version will be 255
    4- Restore Data, Make sure that you do not restore carrierprofiles2 or networkprofiles2.
    No this is a different issue. Try one of the Final ROMs it posted. This was an issue with the early ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rhlb
    I was running 1.71/1.20 ROW. I downgraded to 1.28 using a ROM I got from this forum some time ago and then upgraded to the 1.71/1.20 Lap version I got from the Palm site in Australia. All went as smooth as silk.
    Since then I changed to jamesgangut custom rom #4 (stripped) and all works well except I now have ENA and not LAP.
    Is there any chance James or MFB or some kind soul could create a similar stripped ROM from the LAP version and not the ENA version as James already has done. Would be really appreciated.

Richard Banham
    South Australia
    I will later tonight if no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I will later tonight if no one else does.
    Thanks James - your ROMs have been greatly appreciated by me and I am sure by the forum community.
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    Has anyone else noticed better BT performance with this upgrade? I use a SonyEricson HBH-300 and would have to repair after a soft reset. Now the pairing withstands a soft reset! Woohooo!!!
    And then Mike writes:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Far worse.

My SE HCB-300 carkit pairs but won't connect calls manually or automatically any more.
    So, What's the Conflicting concerns w/ BT?
    Just call me Berd.
    Got my CNG unlocked, right before they came out with the latest CNG version. Right now I have FW = 01.31 and SW = Treo650-1.15-CNG. Is there a post of what, if any, uppers I would get by updating to 1.71 ROW? I'd be most interested in anything to improve EDGE connection / speed or at least get rid of what feels like a ten second time out on standby.
    Mike Caldwell
    James, appreciate the help. So if I run your 120-ENA-Custom 1 updater from post #378, and then restore from a Botzman Backup SD card backup/restore after running the updater, will I have carrier version 255? Do I need to make sure that carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 are not restored from my SD backup?
    Sorry, but I am finding this carrier 255 portion of the thread pretty confusing.
    Myles
    *Note to all*,

Perfect custom ROMS for 1.20 ENA & 1.20 LAP, complete & modified/stripped, will be posted tonight! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

These ROMS install *EXACTLY* as the Palm installers and include the following fixes:

1) Carrier DB maintains version 255 after Hard Reset.
    2) AmrDecLib is correctly created from ROM.
    3) Updated tips are correctly created from ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    *Note to all*,

Perfect custom ROMS for 1.20 ENA & 1.20 LAP, complete & modified/stripped, will be posted tonight! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

These ROMS install *EXACTLY* as the Palm installers and include the following fixes:

1) Carrier DB maintains version 255 after Hard Reset.
    2) AmrDecLib is correctly created from ROM.
    3) Updated tips are correctly created from ROM.
    Very much appreaciated.

Will we be able to customize these ourselves?
    jamesgangut,

What if we have no file DelCapLibDb and still sport 249?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    jamesgangut,

What if we have no file DelCapLibDb and still sport 249?
    Same issue here. I was able to 'force' 255 by copying over the 'proper' carrierdb2.pdb and networkdb2.pdb files but considered this less than ideal as a hard reset would resurrect the 249 version.

P.S. james... are you going to post the same type of stripped versions of these new ROMs as you have done before?
    Sorry for the delay. Custom ROMs are not ready yet. Still some more testing to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Sorry for the delay. Custom ROMs are not ready yet. Still some more testing to be done.

No Prob, Take Your Time. We have no right to complain
    Appreciate your Desire to get it right.
    Besides, I believe this latest run w/ Customs has been a major Learning experience for us all.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    1- Backup data.
    2- Hard Reset.
    Thanks for both of your replys berdinkerdickle & jamesgangut.

DelCapLibDb is not on my Treo so I can't change it. I have the Blazer issue - doesn't connect. I'll look in the other thread to see if there is another answer.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    To install one of these custom roms you need to copy the files to a SD card using a card reader, according to the instructions.

As a Macintosh user, I use my Treo with Missing Sync as card reader. So I guess putting the files on the SD card will be no problem, but it will happen while the SD card is already in the Treo.

Do any of the Custom ROM experts in this thread know if this will be a problem or not?

Advice greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator
    To install one of these custom roms you need to copy the files to a SD card using a card reader, according to the instructions.

As a Macintosh user, I use my Treo with Missing Sync as card reader. So I guess putting the files on the SD card will be no problem, but it will happen while the SD card is already in the Treo.

Do any of the Custom ROM experts in this thread know if this will be a problem or not?

Advice greatly appreciated!
    I have used a program I am guessing is similar for the PC SyncWizard. It will copy then on disconnect at reads the card and starts. I really prefer doing it through a card reader but it might work.