Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    James, thank you for all of the upgrades you have posted. I have a mac, but I was able to upgrade using the full version you posted and the sd card method. I tried downloading the SmartText_device.prc to my treo, but is says the file type isn't supported and lists it as attachment.php. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong, or can it not be downloaded directly to a treo? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by citymatt
    James, thank you for all of the upgrades you have posted. I have a mac, but I was able to upgrade using the full version you posted and the sd card method. I tried downloading the SmartText_device.prc to my treo, but is says the file type isn't supported and lists it as attachment.php. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong, or can it not be downloaded directly to a treo? Thanks again!
    Not sure how you are downloading this but the file name needs to be SmartTextEngine_Device.prc to load it on your Treo.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I miswrote the name of the file in my post. When I select the link to download the file it lists the file as attachment.php, states that this device does not support the file type, and asks if I want to download the file to my card. when I go to the Blazer download folder on my card it shows it with the prc image and the name attachment, and in info the file name is attachment.php. I changed the .php to .prc, saved the change and then moved it to RAM. Now ALL of the emoticons are once again displayed in the chat view! James, thank you very much. For some reason I found the missing emoticons rather irritating, which is quite ridiculous!

Matt
    Last edited by citymatt; 01/26/2006 at 11:30 AM.
    As anyoine been able to validate if making the "Activate local time" feature works now with 1.20 or does it still cause the phone to hang?
    Quote Originally Posted by dineau
    As anyoine been able to validate if making the "Activate local time" feature works now with 1.20 or does it still cause the phone to hang?
    It works fine for me - but then it always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Install this to RAM or replace in your ROM image to get your emoticons back.
    This is the version from 1.13
    It works fine for me.
    James, u are really the best!!!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dineau
    It did not work for me before but does now!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I used to have this time stamp bug with 1.20 APR. Ever since updating to LAP, this has been fixed. I also reported the problem to globe as only globe sms are affected.
    MFB, is your carrier Smart? I'm on Globe. Noticed that I don't have any problems with SMS from Globe or Smart. Actually I've seen the timestamp problem maybe once in the last 3 days. So it's virtually fixed for me.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I just installed James' full ROM onto my Rogers Treo 650. This is a GSM model which is probably locked (never tested it) but has no branding whatsoever. When the 1.13 update was published, the Rogers update files were byte-for-byte identical to the Unlocked GSM update files.

Anyhow, my phone info now shows...

Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware: 01.71

and all appears to be well. If you're on the Rogers network, doesn't appear to be any need to wait for the official updater.
    I just want to say, that despite the initial issues, I have never had as good reception w/ another version. And I think I've tried them all. Including the leaks.
    That is as long as my Carrier DB is 255.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I use my calender app a lot. After upgrading to firmware 1.71-ENA the calender no longer functioned properly. Do you know when you place a appointment that lasts say 8 hours you get 3 dots in that date under the month view? Mine no longer works all I get is one dot. I tried reflashing but nothing changed. I then reverted to row 113 and everything was fine. Upgraded back to 1.71 and now all I get is 1 dot(actually shaped like small squares). Can someone else please confirm this for me so I can prove to myself that I am not crazy.
    Question from a non-technical user:

I managed eventually to install the upgrade using the Palm-recommended procedure. (Had some problems doing so as my hotsync process does not always work - unsure if problem there is cable- or software-related. Hotsynsc failed a couple of times during upgrade but finally got there).

Anyway, my T650 got updated with the new firmware. But now, every time I hotsysnc it starts the installation process all over again, including the hard reset. I thought the files that contained the upgrade would be deleted once the upgrade was successful.

I've searched for a similar problem in the threads but, so far as I understand them, haven't found it. Can anyone suggest a solution or point me to a thread addressing this issue?

Thanks.
    Look in your Palm(One) folder for the install files. There are three things to look for.
    To easily find your Palm folder right click on you Palm Desktop icon then 'Properties' find the path to you folder in the target line. (ex. C:\program files\palmone). Browse to that folder. Look for a folder TreoUpdater... & Cap... delete or cut and paste them somewhere else. Next find your user folder. This is based on your hotsync ID. if your hotsync I'd was John Smith you would look for SmithJ. In your user folder there is an install folder. Remove all files from that folder.

Try hotsync again. Let us know that does not solve it.

Thanks but this did not work. I moved the Treo 650 Update and CapPackage folders to my desktop. I was unable to delete the 2 folders themselves i.e. the 2 empty folders remain in my Palmone folder. There were no files in my Install folder. When I ran hotsync the exact same process happened, i.e. I could see on my Treo screen the "Treo 650 Update" and other update files being synchronised, then the hotsync was interrupted and the device hard reset itself. I was then able to restore my data with a hotsync.

When it hard-reset itself the Hotsync ViewLog contained the following message:

"An error occurred in the previous update process. Please recalibrate your device and refer to the update wizard instructions to retry the update with a temporary Hotsync user. synchronization failed"

I assume this means I should hard-reset the device and create a temporary user profile, right? Do I need to rename or copy my Backup folder first? (I seem to recall doing something like that in previous updates but the instructions in the current update don't lay out the process).

Thanks for the help.
    I would copy your user directory, just to be safe. I would then try to do the temp update. I think I would also reboot your computer and try rerunning the updater. Do you have an SD backup as well? Or just hotsync backup?

jamesgangut Thanks for all the helpful info you custom ROM and the fix for the emoticons is working great.

Id like to use the spaced free up on the custom ROM (Im using the English only with Versamail and Real removed) for some other applications. Can I just copy the prc files I want to add to the ace-palmos.zip directory or do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance for any additional help.

-Dave
    Dave, If James doesn't get back to you right away, You might read up on using shadowmites T650 tool.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/30/2006 at 12:04 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This in the ENA (Europe & North America)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11546659/..._Full.zip.html

This is the LAP (Lower Asia & Pacific ???)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11594970/...0_LAP.zip.html
    Hi James,

I'm a Mac user and so there's no firmware updater available yet. Two questions:

1. Will this produce a result identical to the Palm/Mac firmware updater once it's ready?
    2. All I have to do is copy the files to the root level of the sd card and insert it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Hi jamesgangut

Is there any way a 1.71/1.20 standard rom can be done, with the BT stuff from the 1.13/1.28 rom?

the 1.13/1.28 worked for me, but 1.20/1.71 doesn't.

Mike
    I'd like to 2nd this request.

James, if there's anyway to make this ROM I'd be very grateful.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    To all interested,
    It is pretty simple to learn how to do a Custom Rom.
    Thru-out this Post many references are made to Posts Titled:

Custom ROM by a dummy 4 dummies
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=rom

Custom Roms And Rom Hacking
    http://shadowmite.com/wiki/index.php...nd_Rom_Hacking

Custom ROM creation tutorial - basic steps
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,18762.0.html
    Just call me Berd.