Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    Hi Bartieb

Yes, not only LAP fix the timestamps (if you live in APAC), it also improves battery life (maybe signal related is core coded in the software ROM?)
    I do live in Asia (Sydney) but unfortunately I do have the timestamp bug.

However, I sent an sms to myself as a test, and it does have the right time. However sms from my wifes phone has the wrong time. She is on another carrier, so your comment about that causing the wrong time may be 100% correct !

Not sure if theirs much I can do about it. I used the offical LAP upgrade, and a clean install of all my programs (even all my contacts and calender were lost !!, luckily I had reseco backup on the card!!!). I dont think the stripped down version is goign to make any difference.

Is there an alternative to using the built in messaging ? IN 'Prefs' there is a selection for default programs, for messagin, so that implies that you could use something else ? I'll have to investigate what programs are out there.

bertieb
    Has anyone found any performance improvement for the built-in Media app? The one I have in my GSM 1.13 Treo takes f--o--r--e--v--e--r to render a JPEG.
    Hmm... 120 LAP and you still has TS bug in AUZ? that's weird....

Anyway here is SMS/Messaging alternative:
    http://www.fun4palm.com/x4/produkte/funSMS5.asp
    (I don't like the interface though...) You can use this as default messaging (using FunSMS option/pref)

I use ( & highly recommending) resco backup. It can create incremental and backup scenario. and Best of all it is easy to use

Quote Originally Posted by bertieb

However, I sent an sms to myself as a test, and it does have the right time. However sms from my wifes phone has the wrong time. She is on another carrier, so your comment about that causing the wrong time may be 100% correct !

Not sure if theirs much I can do about it. I used the offical LAP upgrade, and a clean install of all my programs (even all my contacts and calender were lost !!, luckily I had reseco backup on the card!!!). I dont think the stripped down version is goign to make any difference.

Is there an alternative to using the built in messaging ? IN 'Prefs' there is a selection for default programs, for messagin, so that implies that you could use something else ? I'll have to investigate what programs are out there.

bertieb
    Last edited by noworry; 01/25/2006 at 04:04 PM.
    I upgraded to 1.20 ENA seemingly without a hitch. Everything works fine BUT: in contacts, next to the picture of the contact, where it should read "picture" there is gibberish. I cannot even type it, it is all kind of weird characters. Then when I tap the pic itself, in stead of the menu from camera / from photos, again I get gibberish. When I take a guess and tap on one of the two options, it does work: I do get the cam / pics. Flashed twice now, but still have these weird characters. Annoying.

Anyone got this too?
    Solutions?
    - Wouter

bertieb

Just further to my timestamp bug, I was wrong about the time being correct with messages sent to myelf. WHen I turn on show time in the chat window, it shows that ALL messages, including the ones I sent to myself, have the worng timestamp. SO its not a carrier thing. Bummer !

bertieb
    Hi crenshaw, and others,

I originally went from 1.13APR to 1.20ENA, and that brought the SMS timestamp bug. I then downgraded to an old ROM version, and then applied the official Palm update available here in Australia.

Thats brought me completely up to date, but I still have the SMS timestamp bug ! Arrrggggh !

The only difference is, this time if I send an SMS to myself, the time is correct, but if I use my wifes phone, the timestamp is wrong. This did not occur under ENA : all messages had the wrong timestamp.

Their are two completely weird things about it : the time is always out by 5 hrs 48 minutes (as it was with teh ENA version !!!), and like you said, if the message is from someone youve got a chat thread from, then the timestamp is correct, but if its just an individual messaage, the timestamp is wrong.

This is just killing me. I cant believe Im stuck at this very final hurdle. I receive a lot of SMS for my work, adn the timestamp is actually very important to me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me ? Its just got to be a firmware/software thing, as it only occured after the upgrade.

Any help would be really appreciated.

bertieb
    bertieb,

I'm from Australia and i'm having the exact same issue as you. So far, i've just run the official Treo650-1.20-LAP upgrade. I might try the Treo_650_Updater_1_20_LAP.zip from this list to see if that fixes thing.

Am i correct in assuming that none of the other roms are going to work for us here in oz?

Cheers,

Giskard
    Ok,

I've tried the LAP and ENA custom ROM's. No Joy. Still have the SMS timestamp issue. Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    I don't have the timestamp issue but the emoticons issue bugs me. I have built a ROM taking what I think are the SMS files from an earlier problem free version. The earliest I will have a chance to install it is maybe this weekend. I will post how it works out when I do get the chance unless someone else tries it first.

Unfortunately this still won't help the timestamp problem people as I don't have the problem to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I don't have the timestamp issue but the emoticons issue bugs me. I have built a ROM taking what I think are the SMS files from an earlier problem free version. The earliest I will have a chance to install it is maybe this weekend. I will post how it works out when I do get the chance unless someone else tries it first.

Unfortunately this still won't help the timestamp problem people as I don't have the problem to start with.
    I've tried the older Texter files fro 1.13 they are the same version and have the same issues.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

As far as I know there were used to be 5 version ROM.
    North America >> now called ENA
    Asia Pacific, SE >> now called LAP
    Chinese, Korean Japanese (with CKJOS) >> now Called APR
    NZ-AUZ-Papua and
    Mid East - Eastern Europe

maybe the last two is ROW (rest of the world?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I've tried the older Texter files fro 1.13 they are the same version and have the same issues.
    There are another three files that may or may not be part of the SMS app:
    MessagingExchange-HsSxLib.prc
    MessageStoreLib.bprc
    SmartTextEngine_Device.bprc

Have you tried those James?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed better BT performance with this upgrade? I use a SonyEricson HBH-300 and would have to repair after a soft reset. Now the pairing withstands a soft reset! Woohooo!!!
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    There are another three files that may or may not be part of the SMS app:
    MessagingExchange-HsSxLib.prc
    MessageStoreLib.bprc
    SmartTextEngine_Device.bprc

Have you tried those James?
    MessagingExchange-HsSxLib.prc (was the same)
    MessageStoreLib.bprc (not the same)
    SmartTextEngine_Device.bprc (not the same)

Turns out it is the SmartTextEngine did it. DON'T use the MessageStoreLib texting no longer functions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

What is the status of the DTMF tones after the 1.20 upgrade? It is so difficult to check my voicemail with 1.13. Does the upgrade provide an option for shortening the tones (or does it otherwise correct too long DTMF issues)? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cityblock
    What is the status of the DTMF tones after the 1.20 upgrade? It is so difficult to check my voicemail with 1.13. Does the upgrade provide an option for shortening the tones (or does it otherwise correct too long DTMF issues)? Thanks.
    They are shorter, as far as my VM it is fixed now.

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cityblock
    If you had searched this thread you woudl probably already know that the dial tones issue has been fixed.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Install this to RAM or replace in your ROM image to get your emoticons back.
    This is the version from 1.13
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/26/2006 at 09:50 AM.

Thank you James. I will install it to RAM and put it into the next ROM I build.
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    Has anyone else noticed better BT performance with this upgrade? I use a SonyEricson HBH-300 and would have to repair after a soft reset. Now the pairing withstands a soft reset! Woohooo!!!
    Far worse.

My SE HCB-300 carkit pairs but won't connect calls manually or automatically any more.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Hi jamesgangut

Is there any way a 1.71/1.20 standard rom can be done, with the BT stuff from the 1.13/1.28 rom?

the 1.13/1.28 worked for me, but 1.20/1.71 doesn't.

Mike
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201