Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    the updater page says "Smartphone purchased in North America, English only. If you purchased your smartphone outside of North America, select a country or region to get the appropriate updater information."

so we foreigners have to wait for our localized release (I'm from Italy).

Matro, maybe this has been answered already, but if you follow the link and go to your country's site (mine is the Netherlands), they will have the updater. As a matter of fact, at least in my case, the unbranded GSM updater is the exact same one as the US version. The European site also shows the subsidized versions. TIM (Italy) was not yet available when I checked. But as I said, the unlocked GSM is!
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Still looking for feedback on the low volume issue. Volume OK w/o VolumeCare now? Echo issues?
    Hi,

Volume is fine now, but if you want to make a phone call while an airplane is taking off next to you, you still need VC.
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    Where in the heck am i to find the ROM and the PALM dir in a zip file? I started with your stripped upgrade and have been slowly adding in the apps that I had in the old ROM.

thanks,
    Download this.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11758299/...dater.zip.html
    Add the two files you make with Shadowmites tool to the ROM folder.
    Copy the PALM and ROM directories to the root of SD card.
    Backup data
    Instert SD in Treo
    Tap Romupdater
    type rev cvt2 [enter]
    ace [enter]
    When it tels you to Hard reset your Treo do it.
    Restore data.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    Finally did a custom ROM LAP version from James.
    (BareStripped! Delete Versa, RealPlayer, Languages other than English, Tips, calc, clock)

It fixed the SMS TimeStamp bug (ENA is not suitable for AsiaPac Treo650)
    Some program/games such as EDGE finally Run on my treo.
    Signals are better (hopefully I get better battery life than 1.70/120ENA --> treo last only 2.5 days than usual 4 days)

If this ROM runs ok for couple days, I'll post it here.
    Hi Noworry,

I live in Austrlia I went form 1.13APR to 1.20ENA, , and now I have the timestamp (sms) bug. From your post it sounds like LAP will come to my rescue - I'll try it tonight.

Did you have to downgrade to an earlier version of ROW to get to LAP, or will the SD card boot method overwrite the ROM to LAP without checking the version ?

Thanks for any help

bertieb
    The SD version I posted should work just fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    waxx,
    what do you exactly mean with timestamps issue? I'm able to see the time for all my messages in chat view. I'm OK with James custom 1.71-1.20ENA.
    It's where SMS received have a timestamp that's different from the actual time sent/received. So it screws up the order of the SMS in your thread. Looks real confusing specially if SMS chat is enabled. What's really strange is that the timestamp is correct when you view your Inbox and multiple messages/threads are displayed. But the timestamp is wrong when you view the individual message.

I'm on LAP, and I experienced the timestamp bug a lot after I updated to 1.20. I noticed that "Enable Local Network Time if available" in Prefs was enabled, and I remembered this was causing problems before. I disabled it, and it seems the timestamp bug occurence has been minimized. Before it would occur every other SMS, now it occurs about once every 100, so not too bad. Haven't seen it for 2 days now, will keep you updated.
    Last edited by crenshaw; 01/25/2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: More re timestamp bug
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw
    It's where SMS received have a timestamp that's different from the actual time sent/received. So it screws up the order of the SMS in your thread. Looks real confusing specially if SMS chat is enabled. What's really strange is that the timestamp is correct when you view your Inbox and multiple messages/threads are displayed. But the timestamp is wrong when you view the individual message.

I'm on LAP, and I experienced the timestamp bug a lot after I updated to 1.20. I noticed that "Enable Local Network Time if available" in Prefs was enabled, and I remembered this was causing problems before. I disabled it, and it seems the timestamp bug occurence has been minimized. Before it would occur every other SMS, now it occurs about once every 100, so not too bad. Haven't seen it for 2 days now, will keep you updated.
    I used to have this time stamp bug with 1.20 APR. Ever since updating to LAP, this has been fixed. I also reported the problem to globe as only globe sms are affected.
    Well, I played the partially-paranoid patron on this one. I used the latest Custom4 Rom set. I did a hard reset, conducted the ROM update, and then manually re-installed my applications (rather than use the old preferences). Due to past headaches, I decided NOT to install any of my favorites into the ROM. I simply apsired for max dbcache space and then made extensive use of ZLauncher's ability to moce apps with their databases to the memory card.

Boy howdy, I don't think there has ever been a time that my Treo ran this solid! I'm throwing everything at it: including loading ridiculous-sazed PDFs on a cracked version of Picsel Browser. With everything installed, I still have 12MB of RAM space, and a nearly continuous 10.5MB of DBcache (without any special tools). Beautiful, I tell ya! Just beautiful!

Hi crenshaw, and others,

I originally went from 1.13APR to 1.20ENA, and that brought the SMS timestamp bug. I then downgraded to an old ROM version, and then applied the official Palm update available here in Australia.

Thats brought me completely up to date, but I still have the SMS timestamp bug ! Arrrggggh !

The only difference is, this time if I send an SMS to myself, the time is correct, but if I use my wifes phone, the timestamp is wrong. This did not occur under ENA : all messages had the wrong timestamp.

Their are two completely weird things about it : the time is always out by 5 hrs 48 minutes (as it was with teh ENA version !!!), and like you said, if the message is from someone youve got a chat thread from, then the timestamp is correct, but if its just an individual messaage, the timestamp is wrong.

This is just killing me. I cant believe Im stuck at this very final hurdle. I receive a lot of SMS for my work, adn the timestamp is actually very important to me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me ? Its just got to be a firmware/software thing, as it only occured after the upgrade.

Any help would be really appreciated.

bertieb

I'm in Italy and I have James custom 1.20ENA. Enable Local Net. Time is checked. I don't see this timestamp bug at all!!
    I don't know why!! Can it be caused by my carrier that manage SMS times in way that Treo likes more???

An example that I tryied this morning:

I built a chat messaging a friend of mine that lives in UK (1 hour of difference). I'm with Vodafone IT he is with Orange. When his first reply arrived had UK time:

Me (8.30): Ciao......
    Him (7:35): Ciao.....
    Me (8:40): Ciao......

So local time but the correct order.

I can't understand why now the chat look like this:

Him (8:35): Ciao.....

......but keeping always the correct order.

Am I just lucky or is there an explanation on why I do not have this bug??
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I'm in Italy and I have James custom 1.20ENA. Enable Local Net. Time is checked. I don't see this timestamp bug at all!!
    I don't know why!! Can it be caused by my carrier that manage SMS times in way that Treo likes more???

An example that I tryied this morning:

I built a chat messaging a friend of mine that lives in UK (1 hour of difference). I'm with Vodafone IT he is with Orange. When his first reply arrived had UK time:

Him (7:35): Ciao.....

So local time but the correct order.

I can't understand why now the chat look like this:

Him (8:35): Ciao.....

......but keeping always the correct order.

Am I just lucky or is there an explanation on why I do not have this bug??
    Here in Australia, I have tried it with both Enable Local Time selected and unselected, and still the timestamp remains.

It looks like I am goign to have to live with it ! OUCH !

berteib
    Quote Originally Posted by bertieb
    Here in Australia, I have tried it with both Enable Local Time selected and unselected, and still the timestamp remains.

It looks like I am goign to have to live with it ! OUCH !

berteib
    Would you please amend my stupid example simulating what happens on your TREO (given that the time I wrote are correct)?

Thanks
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Would you please amend my stupid example simulating what happens on your TREO (given that the time I wrote are correct)?

Thanks
    I just sent a series of emails to my Treo from my wifes phone. The chat thread shows :

Kate-mbl (1/26 3.42pm): Test 5
    Me (9.30pm): Test 5 Reply
    Kate-mbl(1/26 3.44pm): Test 6

As you can see, the received emails timestamps are out by 5 hours and 48 minutes exactly.

The crazy thing is, the last message took a while to get to me phone (slow network). It still says the silly time in the chat thread. But if I just go to the inbox, it shows the last message and the CORRECT TIMESTAMP.

ie Kate-mbl Test 6 9.51pm

But if this had just been an individual message, and not part of a chat thread, the time on the individual message would have said something like 4.06pm.

Unbelieveable.

I am going to try and contact someone here who said that the LAP version fixed their timestamp, because my is persistently wrong.

bertieb
    This may sound trivial, but the update has turned the game Rally 1000 on my phone black and white. It used to have a 'select background colour' option. But that's vanished too.
    I just sent a series of emails to my Treo from my wifes phone. The chat thread shows :

Kate-mbl (1/26 3.42pm): Test 5
    Me (9.30pm): Test 5 Reply
    Kate-mbl(1/26 3.44pm): Test 6

As you can see, the received emails timestamps are out by 5 hours and 48 minutes exactly.

The crazy thing is, the last message took a while to get to me phone (slow network). It still says the silly time in the chat thread. But if I just go to the inbox, it shows the last message and the CORRECT TIMESTAMP.

ie Kate-mbl Test 6 9.51pm

But if this had just been an individual message, and not part of a chat thread, the time on the individual message would have said something like 4.06pm.

Unbelieveable.

I am going to try and contact someone here who said that the LAP version fixed their timestamp, because my is persistently wrong.

bertieb

I did some more testing sending some SMS to myself:

Me (8.30): A.....
    Myself (8:30): A.....
    Me (8:40): B......
    Me (8:41): C......
    Myself (8:41): C......
    Myself (8:40): B......

The bold message has been probably temporary lost by my network.
    I can state that:
    - I'm not affected by timestamps bug
    - The SMS shows the correct time
    - They are ordered not by the time but by the order are recorded (sent/receive) by the Treo

See the details of my config in signature and details.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    I haven't updated yet, but I hope I don't get that timestamp bug. Either way, I rarely use the SMS on my phone because if I text chat with anyone I use VeriChat. I hate having to remove all my programs from my Palm though, really painful.
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
    Is the camera better in s/w1.20? I dont think i've seen it documented anywhere, but the refresh in preview looks sharp - could just be me... but... what do you think?
    Hi Bartieb

Yes, not only LAP fix the timestamps (if you live in APAC), it also improves battery life (maybe signal related is core coded in the software ROM?)

I created my own SuperBarestripped ROM based on the James LAP ROM.
    (Deleted tips, languange other than English, versa, real, tutorial, calc, card info and clock).

And I found that my Treo is about 30% faster than it used to be, more stable and compatible than before.
    (Hint: Do not restore Saved preferences from backup (PC or SD), start with clean Saved and Unsaved preferences that created by the ROM upgrade)

I can say this is the best rom upgrade ever!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The process is even simpler with the LAP version:

Copy the PALM folder from the Zip to SD card, insert SD and thats it!!!!

No need to downgrade or anything.

I started from 1.71APR >> 1.71 120 ENA >> 1.71 120 LAP.

Hi Noworry,

I live in Austrlia I went form 1.13APR to 1.20ENA, , and now I have the timestamp (sms) bug. From your post it sounds like LAP will come to my rescue - I'll try it tonight.

Did you have to downgrade to an earlier version of ROW to get to LAP, or will the SD card boot method overwrite the ROM to LAP without checking the version ?

Thanks for any help

bertieb
    Creenshaw, You wont have timestamps problem if the sms sender is sending using the same provider.

Where are you located? I did 1.20 LAP and the Timestamps problem is gone after the update.

guys i was a happy camper with my unlocked GSM with 1.13 and 1.43 Custom romand now since i upgraded to this version i am screwed... resets everytime for every thing... does anyone have these files and know how i can go back???