Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This in the ENA (Europe & North America)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11546659/..._Full.zip.html

This is the LAP (Lower Asia & Pacific ???)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11594970/...0_LAP.zip.html
    Hi,

I did an upgrade using the ENA and it was successful. So far everything seems to be working stable. My question is that now I found out that I am in Malaysia and should have install the LAP version. I would like to know if I am missing anything???.

Regards
    Andy Ng
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Do this one first then. http://rapidshare.de/files/11470717/rom128full.zip.html This is how I went back from 1.14, as well as many others. Then apply one of the others.
    OK, it finally worked on the third try!

FW: 1.71 ROM: 1.20-ENA

Now if I hotsync my old profile back, will the backed up files overwrite the newer version from the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by lohphat
    OK, it finally worked on the third try!

FW: 1.71 ROM: 1.20-ENA

Now if I hotsync my old profile back, will the backed up files overwrite the newer version from the update?
    Anything in the backup folder will.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The Bluetooth application still says 1.0, should it be 1.2?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lohphat
    The Bluetooth application still says 1.0, should it be 1.2?
    Mine says 1.0 for the Bluetooth Manager also, but if you go under info, it says Bluetooth 2.0w...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yes in the version it shows Bluetooth listed twice as 2.0 and 2.0 (W)
  7. lua
    don't get you hope too high, folks. that's the file version.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    it is 2.0.. did it support a2dp ?
    That's the bluetooth manager version...the software. It's not the Bluetooth stack version that runs the actual radio.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waxx
    im from asia.. and ive tried the official update..(LAP) the unofficial one (ROW and APR).. downgraded and upgraded again, and here are the results.

1. timestamps issue not corrected with both official and unofficial update (although ive heard some treo owners doesnt experience this)
    2. LAP has no CJKOS and PenP; ROW has CJKOS only; APR has both
    3. ROW and APR (before upgrading to official) would show firmware 1.70 on the phone info. LAP would show 1.71
    4. if you have LAP right now and you want chinese support, update it with ROW. If you want chinese support and input, update it with APR
    5. flashing over the official ROM with unofficial ROM (eg. LAP - ROW; LAP -APR) wont affect the fw version. thats what i did on my treo. i had LAP and upgraded it with APR (to enable chinese support and input) and my treo still says fw 1.71
    6. If you have 1.20 ROW or APR with 1.70FW and you want to upgrade your firmware to 1.71, you have to do the ff:
    a. downgrade your treo with the 1.23 unofficial ROM
    b. Flash it with the official 1.20 release (will make the FW 1.71)
    c. Flash it with the unofficial APR or ROW or any ROM of your choice.
    7. Correct me if im wrong. Reactions are welcome!
    8. Birds do suddenly apprear when alone!!
    you serious about ROW got CJKOS ? ROW only have english
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereboam
    Good luck! Hope it works out for you...
    Thanks for your encouragement, gereboam. Appreciated.

I did have to resort to Shadowmite's bootloader.
    My Treo is alive and well again.
    Quote Originally Posted by waxx
    im from asia.. and ive tried the official update..(LAP) the unofficial one (ROW and APR).. downgraded and upgraded again, and here are the results.

1. timestamps issue not corrected with both official and unofficial update (although ive heard some treo owners doesnt experience this)
    waxx,
    what do you exactly mean with timestamps issue? I'm able to see the time for all my messages in chat view. I'm OK with James custom 1.71-1.20ENA.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Started from scratch with the new file I downloaded from Palm and it is ENA. That other method of flashing is faster when you can skip the firmware.
    ok, as I'm working on my custom ROM and reloading . . . often, how do I skip the firmware flash on each ROM load? I tried removing the firmware related files but then the installer balks.

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    You have to use the alternate method. The way my older ROM was with the ROM dir and Palm dir. You then run the ROM updae from the Treo and type rev cvt2 [enter] ace [enter]. Like this http://shadowmite.com/romsGSM.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

You have to use the alternate method. The way my older ROM was with the ROM dir and Palm dir. You then run the ROM updae from the Treo and type rev cvt2 [enter] ace [enter]. Like this http://shadowmite.com/romsGSM.html
    Hey James,
    Looks like we start work at about the same time.
    Just call me Berd.
    This is the time I have a minute to check, VM taken care of etc. Just a little break.

Ok James,
    For now, because of just wanting the good reception, I am not running a Custom Rom.
    (I did the Official Update as per Official Instructions)
    To go back to using a Custom, correct me if I’m wrong, I am going to:
    1st Run Hotsync.
    2nd Hard Reset.
    3rd Flash Custom Rom (the ‘rev cvt2’ , ‘ace’ way)
    4th Run Hotsync.
    Hopefully, by doing it this way will keep the 255.
    If not, I guess I could just put the 255 in manually.
    Just call me Berd.
    I will tell you that I never was able to get 255, I ran the update everyway from Sunday. I just backed to Backupman and it restored the files correctly so no big deal. So if you backup to SD before run a Custom then restore from SD you will have everything correct.

I will tell you that I never was able to get 255, I ran the update everyway from Sunday. I just backed to Backupman and it restored the files correctly so no big deal. So if you backup to SD before run a Custom then restore from SD you will have everything correct.
    Thanks, I also back up to SD in addition to Hots.
    I did notice my SD Backup program backed up "Carrier DB"
    Maybe I'll try going back to Custom tomorrow.
    I'll post results.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Where in the heck am i to find the ROM and the PALM dir in a zip file? I started with your stripped upgrade and have been slowly adding in the apps that I had in the old ROM.

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx