Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    but the web page says versamail is 3.1F is part of the update
    if so then i have a problem since mine shows 3.1E
    anyone else?

I Flashed back to 1.23 then installed new update.
    I have VM 3.1E.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    jamesgangut,

Did you use Shadow's old tool or the one based on java? The available update is hotsync only so there is no acepalmos.zip
    I used the java tool. I did not end up with al the files for the PALM directory so I used the files I have been using for the leaked ROM. I updated and everything is the same as when I just did the Palm update except for it still saying ROW.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I am very happy with the leaked version of 1.71/1.20-ROW and cant see any reason to change.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Does anyone know why the updater can only be used for phones sold in the US? Is it only a matter of language used or are there other differences?
    I think that's the reason for ENA as opposed to ROW. I don't think there is really a difference, but I may be wrong.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So I get the email reply from palm tech support this evening for an issue I have been having:

"To address this issue, we suggest that you update your Treo 650 smartphone to the latest Treo 650 Updater 1.20 for Unlocked GSM."

Surely they must be mistaken. I check the Palm site. I smile. I haven't been this happy with my Treo in quite awhile.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I'm working on it too.
    I think I'm getting close to having a custom Rom (1.20 ENA.)
    I will post any success.
    Just call me Berd.
    Shadow's java tool did create the acepalmos.zip and I copied it along with the other files it made and replaced what was in the other ROM updater. So I know all the files are right. I think the ROW or ENA is in the scenerio file which was not created.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I'm working on it too.
    I think I'm getting close to having a custom Rom (1.20 ENA.)
    I will post any success.
    Oh, well here is the one I told you I'd upload. **clipped**
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/19/2006 at 12:07 AM.

Has anyone else noticed if their green status light has stopped blinking? I had three things happen on the same day and then I noticed it stopped working. Just trying to narrow it down.

mine is still blinking.....
    so anyone try it on a cingular branded treo yet??? haha...
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    The green light previously stopped blinking for me. I just restored my saved and unsaved preferences prior to that incident and all is back to normal. I don't know why it happened in the first place.

Btw, 1.20 ENA supports the other languages like de, es, it right ?
    I haven't updated my Treo with the Asain version, so my questions are:
    1. Is the update worth it if I already have a well functioning Treo?
    2. Is anyone having any negative experiences with this new update?

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Well I already had my first reset.....
    categories weren't lost
    I have been 99% reset free but i was trying to crash this...
    running things I know will make it crash a little while after exiting-such as mapopolis
    see if it makes it through the night....
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    The green light previously stopped blinking for me. I just restored my saved and unsaved preferences prior to that incident and all is back to normal. I don't know why it happened in the first place.

Btw, 1.20 ENA supports the other languages like de, es, it right ?
    It does have the EFIGS, I removed everything but English from mine. I was afraid of that on the blinking green light.

the updater page says "Smartphone purchased in North America, English only. If you purchased your smartphone outside of North America, select a country or region to get the appropriate updater information."

so we foreigners have to wait for our localized release (I'm from Italy).
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I haven't updated my Treo with the Asain version, so my questions are:
    1. Is the update worth it if I already have a well functioning Treo?
    2. Is anyone having any negative experiences with this new update?

Thanks!
    I found that when I went back for a while the little things that I gained were worth it. The dbcache issues for me went away with this update.

The little things:
    -The silence the ringer with the volume buttons works again.
    -I assigning ringtones(wav) to callers works without a ringtone manager.
    -Send SMS button on a missed call.

James and MFB
    Got it to work.
    Use shadows T3 instructions
    put all .prcs in palm/launcher.
    put everything else in rom folder.
    now you can custom the acepalmos.
    Worked for me, but at home now and no internet to upload for post.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/18/2006 at 09:16 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Nice, I did the update (a pain since I did the windows installer version, need to clear 14MB of free space to run the stupid thing...).

Two things I've noticed that changed:

1. FINALLY hitting the volume buttons on the side of the phone silence the ringer, but doesn't force it to voicemail. Now I can ignore calls with out letting the caller no I did it!!!!

2. The touch tones are now a resonable lenght again. Before I'd dial in my touchtones for voice mail passwords and I swear I could have founded a new country in the time it took the things to finish. Now they are just the right lenght, not to short not to long. I push the button there is a short tone, I push the next and another nice short tone. No more push button and waaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt fffffooooooorrrrrrrr tttttooooooonnnnnnnneeeee tttttoooo fiiinnnniiiiiiisssshhhh.

So two improvements so far.
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast