Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    So, I'm running 1.71/120-ROW and want to go to the ENA version, custom stirpped of course. If I backgrade to 128 rom full can I go strait to James' custom 3 or do I have to flash to the new 1.71/120 ena full first? Being on a Mac and Palm is dragging their feet with a Mac version, is there some where to find the full oficial files (hint,hint) out there already to go?

Thanks
    Stephan
    No, there is an issue with updating the token which displays the right software version in the phone app. The best success has come from 1.13 to Palm's 1.20 then apply the stripped via SD.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    You know, I'm looking at this thread...

The upgrade seems troublesome. Doesn't seem to offer much.

Upgrades are bad!
    The trouble really all has to do with restoring data. Saved Prefs etc. Once those issues are cleaned up it is the most stable of all previous releases. The memory management fix alone makes this a huge huge improvements. There are changes to the way things work but that is always an issue in an upgrade. We generally dislike change. And going from 1.13 to 1.20 there were many changes.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

James;
    Does the full file posted on your list count as the full palm file? flash to that after the 1.13 and then the stripped?

thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    James;
    Does the full file posted on your list count as the full palm file? flash to that after the 1.13 and then the stripped?

thanks again
    No unfortunatley. It is basically is a custom rom with everything. It will not update the sftware version. It will be the running everything but will not reflect in the phone app. Those with Macs etc. can run this, it will update but you will not see the right software version in the phone app. Right now only the Palm updater will update the token.

koises!
    Not like I'm really missing anything, really. I'm already running one of your stripped roms (Thanks!) so, far as I can tell, it's just a matter of it saying ROW instead of ENA. That being said, I'll probably be the first in line when palm finally has nothing else to do but service Mac owners.
    I am still looking at it, If I get it working I will post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have recreated all previous ROMs. I have applied these to my own Treo and they worked. I removed some unneeded files from updater, so they are much smaller now.
    ***It is best to run Palm's updater FIRST, followed by just updating the ROM with a custom. If you don't your Software: version in the phone app will not update.***

YMMV
    Use at your own risk!!!

Full ROM:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385907/..._full.zip.html

Custom1: (English Only, Tutorials removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385836/...cust1.zip.html

Custom2: (English Only, Tutorials, Real removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385829/...cust2.zip.html

Custom3: (English Only, Tutorials, Real and VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385753/...cust3.zip.html

Custom4: (English Only, Tutorials, Real, VersaMail, Clock, Calc removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385806/...cust4.zip.html

Custom5: (English Only, Tutorials, VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11462315/...cust5.zip.html

EFIGS Custom1: (Tutorials, Real removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385868/...cust1.zip.html

EFIGS Custom2: (Tutorials, Real and VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385609/...cust2.zip.html

Thanks - but i can't download from that webpage. Does anyone know where i can get these files? I'd like to have the update w/ VersaMail (but without other unneeded tutorials or Real Player)
    can I just replace the files in TREO650.ROW from a previous ROM build with the files that jamesgangut put in his directory called ROM? then can I use Shadowmites tool to edit, as usual?
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm becoming confused! What is the best upgrade route for firmware 1.13-APR, preferably also getting rid of all the Chinese stuff. I am getting the message that neither the ENA nor the LAP versions are acceptable to an 'APR'. There appears to be a suggestion to 'upgrade' to 1.13-ROW first. Is this correct? Since I've only had it a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use the customized versions yet...

Thanks
    Chris
    Chris W. Green
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    can I just replace the files in TREO650.ROW from a previous ROM build with the files that jamesgangut put in his directory called ROM? then can I use Shadowmites tool to edit, as usual?
    No. Then ENA will cause you issues. You can however you can just use Shadowmites tool to modify the ROM dir. Just copy the files back into that dir.

Quote Originally Posted by jlee6
    Thanks - but i can't download from that webpage. Does anyone know where i can get these files? I'd like to have the update w/ VersaMail (but without other unneeded tutorials or Real Player)
    Why can't you dowload these?

James, would you be able to include AmrDecLib.pdb into all your custom rom ? This will solve sound problem recorded using the Treo. Don't know why it wasn't there in the first place. Thanks for a great job.
    James,

Two questions:

1. You were on 1.71/1.20 - ROW with CJKOS before you upgrade to 1.71/1.20 - ENA ?
    Did you detect any improvements ?
    Thanks to you I am now at 1.71/1.20 - ROW with CJKOS ROM ( minus real, versa, languange ) and it's pretty solid at the moment. so i was wondering if it is worth it to go to 1.71/1.20 - ENA.

2. Assuming i want to go to 1.71/1.20 - ENA, how do i go about it ? 1.71/1.20 - ROW -> 1.13 -> 1.71/1.20 - ENA ?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    James, would you be able to include AmrDecLib.pdb into all your custom rom ? This will solve sound problem recorded using the Treo. Don't know why it wasn't there in the first place. Thanks for a great job.
    I found this earlier. I have looked through all of the 1.20/1.71 and it has never been in ROM. It was in 1.13, I have it in my new set right now. I am trying to figure out how to get the token updated for the next set.

Quote Originally Posted by idian
    James,

Two questions:

1. You were on 1.71/1.20 - ROW with CJKOS before you upgrade to 1.71/1.20 - ENA ?
    Did you detect any improvements ?
    Thanks to you I am now at 1.71/1.20 - ROW with CJKOS ROM ( minus real, versa, languange ) and it's pretty solid at the moment. so i was wondering if it is worth it to go to 1.71/1.20 - ENA.

2. Assuming i want to go to 1.71/1.20 - ENA, how do i go about it ? 1.71/1.20 - ROW -> 1.13 -> 1.71/1.20 - ENA ?

thanks
    No real improvements, CKJOS isn't there and is says ENA. That's about it. I don't know if it is worth it to tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    No real improvements, CKJOS isn't there and is says ENA. That's about it. I don't know if it is worth it to tell you the truth.
    Ok, thanks. I wouldn't bother then.
    I have finally gotten a ROM that will write the correct token.(after bricking my treo a couple times) It is in the automated SD method. I have also added in the missing AmrDecLib.PRC. I will post the full ROM later tonight and updated versions of some others later.

*** If you quoted my posts with links to old downloads would you please edit your posts and clip the file locations. Don't want to have people continue having trouble using older versions. Thanks! ***
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/21/2006 at 11:17 PM.

These include the AmrDecLib.PRC file that was missing. It also updates the Software: token to reflect correct software version after update. Should be a solution for those with a Mac.

***Clipped Newer version****
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 02/01/2006 at 02:34 PM.

The part I'm having a hard time figuring out is why when all Updaters, whether APR,ROW,ENA, or LAP all have 1.71fw, I seem to get my best connections and phone clarity w/ APR. I kept having dropped calls and slower EDGE w/ ENA. I don't get it. I thought as far as the phone goes, it all had to do w/ the fw. I currently went back to the APR. Even though it just might be my imagination, it has worked the best for me, although I lose 1.5 mb of RAM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    The part I'm having a hard time figuring out is why when all Updaters, whether APR,ROW,ENA, or LAP all have 1.71fw, I seem to get my best connections and phone clarity w/ APR. I kept having dropped calls and slower EDGE w/ ENA. I don't get it. I thought as far as the phone goes, it all had to do w/ the fw. I currently went back to the APR. Even though it just might be my imagination, it has worked the best for me, although I lose 1.5 mb of RAM.
    Leave that Firmware and Just flash the ROM to APR and see if it stays the same. The firmware may be different even though the are numbered the same.