Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    james, did you say earlier that your fix for this was to delete preferences in filez Saved Preferences that say -none- ?
    Yes. I would backup the file first.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Beadinkerdickle -

Your Taz is giving me a headache.
    me too - I never read your messages, scroll down fast, so not to see this
    conum
    exactly what does this mean?

"james, did you say earlier that your fix for this was to delete preferences in filez Saved Preferences that say -none- ?"

What is the name of the preferences file to delete and where to find?
    Not sure if the followings are new, but, I notice:
    1. press any key (not the green, red, up, down, left, right, center buttons) to mute the ring for incoming calls
    2. "Phone Info" has a "More" button, it shows CC-CAP: ENA-ENA-001 and Carrier DB:255.
    has anybody noticed this major change after the update. i have now disabled rescolock for the programs which used to cause crashes due to bad memory handling of the previous rom. everything is working fine now. funny that palm hasn't mentioned this improvement (or did i miss out on something?).
    life is now lovelier with this update :-))
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    ENA could also mean: EUROPE and NORTH AMERICA
    The ROM has all the EFIGS-languages.
    I guess so. Installed the ENA from the US page on a phone I bought in Austria. Works normally. Also, the European support page (at least in German language) links to the same ENA Update file like the US page and it clearly says that any ROW phone will be changed to ENA anyway. Therefore I can't see any difference in the two.

Btw, my VersaMail is 3.1E like stated on the Europ. support pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    I guess so. Installed the ENA from the US page on a phone I bought in Austria. Works normally. Also, the European support page (at least in German language) links to the same ENA Update file like the US page and it clearly says that any ROW phone will be changed to ENA anyway. Therefore I can't see any difference in the two.

Btw, my VersaMail is 3.1E like stated on the Europ. support pages.
    I think the only noticeable difference is likely to be the presets for email in Versamail. Some local providers will probably be on the list.
  8. lua
    it clearly says that any ROW phone will be changed to ENA anyway.
    not necessarily. i used 1.13 row and is now 1.20 lap for my locale.

versamail 3.1f here. it has the new orangey "palm" (not "palmone") logo in the "about" box. nice.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    I'm experiencing a critical issue with messaging: since when I'm using 1.71-1.20ENA sometimes the incoming message cause a Treo reset (and I loose the message), sometimes it works well and sometimes I don't even receive it.

Any idea? Am I the only one with this issue? Please help.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This has been seen before, by myself as well. It has to do with something in your Saved Prefs. Ther are two options, delete you saved prefs file or delete entries not assigned to an app. I choose the latter, still had to setup a few things again but it works now.
    Ok, tried deleting the file in FielZ, did a soft reset, but the red light lives on.. Any ideas?
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by lua
    not necessarily. i used 1.13 row and is now 1.20 lap for my locale.

versamail 3.1f here. it has the new orangey "palm" (not "palmone") logo in the "about" box. nice.
    Also have the new logo in 3.1E. Any idea if there is a difference between E and F.

And what I wanted to say is that PALM says on the Update page that a ROW will be changed to ENA...
    Hi. Trying to update (Unlocked) with the official updater
    (after doing a hard reset), but it always gets stuck at the "Updating Treo ROM" screen with the message "This process will take 15 seconds".
    I tried the workaround Palm had in their help notes (press the center button,
    then it retries by creating a temporary user) - but it still just hangs
    at the same screen.
    Has anyone else seen this? Is there any solution?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Ok, tried deleting the file in FielZ, did a soft reset, but the red light lives on.. Any ideas?
    Try Butler for LED issues as it has a function the "reset" the behaviour of the LED.
    Well, right back up mangled my card recently on 650, so.... I like not using backup software any more.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    has anybody noticed this major change after the update. i have now disabled rescolock for the programs which used to cause crashes due to bad memory handling of the previous rom. everything is working fine now. funny that palm hasn't mentioned this improvement (or did i miss out on something?).
    life is now lovelier with this update :-))
    I have also noticed this. Although I also used the stripped version (only english, no tutorials, no versamail or real, added in filez and handzipperlite). I have turned off dbcachetool, as the treo is handling cache much better now. I was also resetting automagically every night at 3:30 am.. Didn't do that last night and still running nicely. Volume is definitely better (although VC is still helpful.)
  16. lua
    And what I wanted to say is that PALM says on the Update page that a ROW will be changed to ENA...
    i guess that depends on where you are from. palm appears to be segregating the updaters for unlocked row gsm by region/country you selected on their homepage.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Here is a link to file I use. http://rapidshare.de/files/11470717/rom128full.zip.html
    1- Backup Treo
    2- Copy /Palm dir (keeping stucture intact) to root of SD (No other palm dir)
    3- Hard reset treo
    4- plugin power
    5- insert SD
    6- wait
    7- Wait, don't take SD out until you see lang selection
    8- remove SD
    9- setup treo

Then try Palm update.
    You are a friggin genius. I have been fighting this for 4 days and your instructions fixed me right up. Thanks so much! One more question...Should I now delete the new palm folder I created on my SD? I also renamed the old Palm file so i could transfer your file. Should I delete that one as well? Do I need to create a new palm folder on the SD card if I delete those?....I know..I know....I'm technically challenged with my palm.
    Correct. Delete the Palm dir. Rename your old one to palm.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So, I'm running 1.71/120-ROW and want to go to the ENA version, custom stirpped of course. If I backgrade to 128 rom full can I go strait to James' custom 3 or do I have to flash to the new 1.71/120 ena full first? Being on a Mac and Palm is dragging their feet with a Mac version, is there some where to find the full oficial files (hint,hint) out there already to go?

Thanks
    Stephan
    You know, I'm looking at this thread...

The upgrade seems troublesome. Doesn't seem to offer much.

Upgrades are bad!
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.