Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Beadinkerdickle -

Your Taz is giving me a headache.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    Perhaps some kind soul (James??) can point me in the right direction with this. I was happily running the stripped chinese version 1.71/1.20-ROW with not a care in the world. Along comes the new and approved ENA version. Leave well enough alone? NOT I! So, into the breach I go with James' new stripped version (Again, much thanks to James, bless his head) and while nothing bad happens, no change to the ENA version either. Being a mac tribesman, first loadiing the palm version is not an immediate possiblity for me. So, where's all this going you ask? Good question.

1. Is there any reason to upgrade from very nice 1.20=Row version?
    2. Will loading the new Palm (mac) version allow me to then load James' stripped version on top? (don't like or need versamail/Realplayer)
    3. Is digging up a prior official Palm ROW version and loading that and then the ENA an idea? Can an older version load ontop of my current 1.71/1.20 ROW.
    4. Why do birds suddenly appear whenever you are near????

Thanks in advance for any and all help
    Stephan
    From what I see, 99% of the files in both releases are identical...
    the only differences I see so far are the word ENA vs. APR, chinese stuff, and 2 months late for the ENA version.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Beadinkerdickle -

Your Taz is giving me a headache.
    Yea, And with the size of your Giant Green Head, it must really Hurt
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGEVP
    Yes. I did use Palms updater but it would freeze after it tried to flash the rom. I never could get it to stop doing that. I thought i would need to revert to original palm software and firmware to get the updater to work. What do I do?
    Have you tried a custom ROM update at all? You had to of to get to 1.14 but I mean since to try and change the version you are on? When I tried 1.14 a ways back I had to flash to a 1.13/1.28 custom ROM to get any other version again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

OMG... another endless looping Treo. Used the Treo_650_120_ENA_full.zip files and eventually transfered the Palm and Rom folders to the SD card. Followed the instructions and the rom programme started scrolling through it's stuff and eventually said 'successful' please hard reset. This is where the looping started, and no way will it stop. I started with 1.71 APR and ended with a fried rom. Won't be able to try shadowmite's bootloader for another 10 days and I get back to my own PC/USB cable, what a bummer!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I have never made a custom rom before. My question is this: Is there a advantage memory-wise to putting PXA Clocker, Splashphoto, pTunes, TCPMP and Xiino in the rom? These have all been stable programs for me.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra
    Hello,
    I have never made a custom rom before. My question is this: Is there a advantage memory-wise to putting PXA Clocker, Splashphoto, pTunes, TCPMP and Xiino in the rom? These have all been stable programs for me.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Do a search on something like: "apps that work in rom" or something like this.
    There's quite a thread on this.
    It may not answer your specifics.

here's the link:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...light=apps+rom
    It may not answer your specifics.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    SMS/MESSAGES TIME STAMPS BUG ARE STILL IN 1.71 120 ENA
    this rom is the same exact rom as the Chinese ROM 171 1.20APR version minus CJKOS!!!

If timestamps are important you should revert back to 1.28/1.31

I have never had this issue. Does it happen if you hard reset you r Treo and test a few messages?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

@jamesgangut

can you make a custom rom for english only, no tutorials, no versamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncst
    @jamesgangut

I take it you want RealPlayer?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncst
    @jamesgangut

Sure..

jamesgangut
    installed your cust2 ROM (on top of the original 1.20) -- all went smooth, thanks much!

I also noticed that in Palm\Launcher folder it has non-English files -- are they necessary?
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I upgraded but still had to install Volume Care. Looks like the volume was not increased in the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    jamesgangut
    installed your cust2 ROM (on top of the original 1.20) -- all went smooth, thanks much!

I also noticed that in Palm\Launcher folder it has non-English files -- are they necessary?
    The launcher folder is just for the update. I kept the same set of files for all updates. One less thing to manage. It makes no difference after install.

I tried all these new ROMs(Chinese version 1.70,1.71 and this new release), none of which fix the volume problem. So far the only ROM with good volume is v1.43. I went back to v1.43 today, very good and stable.

By the way, these new ROMs also have reset problems if restoration is used. Again, v1.43 is immune from this bug.

Can't understand why Palm never release version v1.43 offically.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    I tried all these new ROMs(Chinese version 1.70,1.71 and this new release), none of which fix the volume problem. So far the only ROM with good volume is v1.43. I went back to v1.43 today, very good and stable.

By the way, these new ROMs also have reset problems if restoration is used. Again, v1.43 is immune from this bug.

Can't understand why Palm never release version v1.43 offically.
    Because it had echo issues. When I had it it on mine everyone who called me had themselves echoing back at them. Unless you turned it way down defeating the update.

YMMV

Am I correct that WITHOUT volumecare 1.71 had a volume improvement over 1.13, but that 1.20 has identical volume to 1.13? 1.43 also had volume improvement over 1.13, but had echo issues. 1.71 didn't have echo issues.

Is this all correct? I am still on 1.13 and am happy with everything EXCEPT my volume without volumecare. Im trying to figure out if there is an update that will fix my volume issue, or if I should just stay at 1.13 and add volumecare.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    The launcher folder is just for the update. I kept the same set of files for all updates. One less thing to manage. It makes no difference after install.
    Thanks.

I have couple more questions to you or whoever knows the answer.

1. When doing the "original" Palm's upgrade, the process stalled with "Cannot find operation application" error message. As suggested at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tml#customizer I pressed the HotSync, but no miracle happened -- the hotsync was not completed and I had to resort to the "temporary hotsync user" routine. All went well until I tried to hotsync the upgraded device to my own data -- hotsync would fail at abc_treo.prc file -- what is this file?

When I checked the backup files on my desktop, this file had zero file size, so I removed it and restored my data successfully after that.

2. I also noticed non-English DocsToGo overlay files (DocsToGo_deDE.PRC, etc.), which I guess I can safely delete. I'm sure I did not have them before the upgrade and I'm just curious why would the original Palm upgrade install them to my device.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I am contemplating on upgrading to this new GSM version. Would it be safe to apply this upgrade to my phone (via custom ROM), or do I need to have a specific ROW firmware version first installed on my Treo prior to upgrading? If so, what ROW version should I upgrade (or downgrade) to prior to this new installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Am I correct that WITHOUT volumecare 1.71 had a volume improvement over 1.13, but that 1.20 has identical volume to 1.13? 1.43 also had volume improvement over 1.13, but had echo issues. 1.71 didn't have echo issues.

Is this all correct? I am still on 1.13 and am happy with everything EXCEPT my volume without volumecare. Im trying to figure out if there is an update that will fix my volume issue, or if I should just stay at 1.13 and add volumecare.
    The volume issue is always in the fimware.
    1.28 Low volume/long DTMF tones
    1.43 Louder volume, echo issues, shorted DTMF tones
    1.51 lower volume, but still better than 1.28, better DTMF tones
    1.71 volume seems either the same or loader than 1.51/ same DTMF

This is what I found.