Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 913
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have recreated all previous ROMs. I have applied these to my own Treo and they worked. I removed some unneeded files from updater, so they are much smaller now. YMMV
    Use at your own risk!!!

    Full ROM:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385907/..._full.zip.html

    Custom1: (English Only, Tutorials removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385836/...cust1.zip.html

    Custom2: (English Only, Tutorials, Real removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385829/...cust2.zip.html

    Custom3: (English Only, Tutorials, Real and VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385753/...cust3.zip.html

    Custom4: (English Only, Tutorials, Real, VersaMail, Clock, Calc removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385806/...cust4.zip.html

    EFIGS Custom1: (Tutorials, Real removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385868/...cust1.zip.html

    EFIGS Custom2: (Tutorials, Real and VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385609/...cust2.zip.html
    Again James,
    WELL DONE!!!

    We should now be able to update both FW and ROM now with no error?
    Does it fix the small bug that leave 1.13-ROW in Phone info?

    Tx.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  2. #262  
    My (quick) story -

    I was expecting a relatively painfree update as I have kept the original 1.13 and not used custom ROMs. Just wanted a phone that wouldn't reset whenever I loaded Verichat.

    Firstly I needed to have 13 MB free, so I hard reset and went to a Verichat only profile. Still could not update as I got an "Unknown device ... cannot update a Unknown device ..." error.
    The resolution was to hard reset and create a completely new and clean Treo on which I re-installed 1.13 and installed 1.20 on top of that.

    So far, so good.....hasn't reset for a while now

    My Treo is from a local supplier (VodaCom South Africa) so I expect this update will be valid for all non-carrier specific phones.
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    The green light previously stopped blinking for me. I just restored my saved and unsaved preferences prior to that incident and all is back to normal. I don't know why it happened in the first place.

    Btw, 1.20 ENA supports the other languages like de, es, it right ?
    I tryed to restore an old Saved pref file (before updating when the led was working) but it seems to be useless.
    Any idea on ho to amend the file instead of deleting it??
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  4. #264  
    Well, for any Mac users out there...

    I did the following:

    1. Sync with Missing Sync on my Powerbook to get up to date.
    2. Backup with Resco Backup to SD (make sure Backup got copied to the SD card when you installed it, it should ask you).
    3. Download Palm Desktop for Windows.
    4. Download Treo update from Palm.
    5. Install both on a Windows machine.
    6. Hard reset Treo, remove SD card (otherwise the updater will ask you to).
    7. Set up new user in Palm Desktop, I called it Upgrade.
    8. Sync once. Run the Treo updater. Let it finish.
    9. Restore from SD card with Resco Backup.
    10. Soft reset to be on the safe side, then play to make sure all is well and the update took.
    11. Sync with Missing Sync.

    If you can't be bothered to wait for the Mac version of the updater and you have a Windows machine handy, that's what worked for me. No issues at all, everything seems to work, all PIM data unchanged, now just thinking about a custom ROM...!

    J
  5. #265  
    I Need help. I have a treo 650 gsm running firmware 1.71 and software version 1.14. I have tried to update to 1.20 but it freezes when it trys to flash and will not reset. I am not technically proficient in reverting to earlier versions and do not know what to do. I would like to reinstall the earlier official version of the palm software and firmware and upgrade to 1.51 and 1.2 but have no idea how to proceed. Can anyone help me???
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Hey James,
    No time for a Nap!
    Need to Build us a Bunch More Customs. HEHE. Just Kiddin.
    Ever think of Developing Treo SW? Have you been giving Customer Support, or what?
    I'm Amazed at your diligence.
    Look at the traffic at this thread, over 13,000 views, in just about a day and a half. Wow!

    I hope not. I do support several Palm solutions for our customers. Nothing for the main stream world. So this has been kind of a challenge. It has been interesting.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Any idea on wich are unknown corrupted entires?
    No not really. When using Filez there are multiple entries that were the same. So I deleted everything that was not assigned. I started out with 200+ entries. When done I had around 90. When I reset the only Programs I had to deal with were, DateBk6 all prefs were gone, Pocket Quicken just needed to add my regcode. Mobisystems Office and Dict had to put codes in again. I think I also had to reset my tones for the ringer on the phone. Wasn't too bad about 5-10 minutes.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Again James,
    WELL DONE!!!

    We should now be able to update both FW and ROM now with no error?
    Does it fix the small bug that leave 1.13-ROW in Phone info?

    Tx.
    Yes.
    Still looking at this.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by AGEVP
    I Need help. I have a treo 650 gsm running firmware 1.71 and software version 1.14. I have tried to update to 1.20 but it freezes when it trys to flash and will not reset. I am not technically proficient in reverting to earlier versions and do not know what to do. I would like to reinstall the earlier official version of the palm software and firmware and upgrade to 1.51 and 1.2 but have no idea how to proceed. Can anyone help me???
    Are you using Palm's Updater?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. #270  
    For those using James' stripped down (#3): Is there any benefit to doing this beyond getting rid of the VersaMail, QuickTour, and Real icons? Does the omission of these files and the non-English languages provide more usable storage space -- or does the rule I've read about custom ROMs apply here (removing items allows space to add other items to the ROM, but doesn't actually provide more usable storage space)?

    Thanks,
    Marc
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfield
    For those using James' stripped down (#3): Is there any benefit to doing this beyond getting rid of the VersaMail, QuickTour, and Real icons? Does the omission of these files and the non-English languages provide more usable storage space -- or does the rule I've read about custom ROMs apply here (removing items allows space to add other items to the ROM, but doesn't actually provide more usable storage space)?

    Thanks,
    Marc
    It will provide more dbcache, which has made my Treo more stable.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    It will provide more dbcache, which has made my Treo more stable.
    Thanks for the quick reply, James. More dbcache is good reason to switch to the stripped ROM.

    Marc
  13. #273  
    Removing languages (ie French) does not affect the ability to use ALT to get accented characters etc does it?

    And presumably with Versamail gone you can get rid of the MultiMail databases and MMNotify Send, and MMID Cache 0-7 as well?

    And RealPlayer, same, you can delete RNWKDB too?

    Not that you probably get a lot of space, but while you're at it, kind of thing...

    FYI, I did have to repair my headset (Flamingo) after flashing.

    Cheers, J
    Last edited by Jereboam; 01/20/2006 at 09:09 AM.
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    No not really. When using Filez there are multiple entries that were the same. So I deleted everything that was not assigned. I started out with 200+ entries. When done I had around 90. When I reset the only Programs I had to deal with were, DateBk6 all prefs were gone, Pocket Quicken just needed to add my regcode. Mobisystems Office and Dict had to put codes in again. I think I also had to reset my tones for the ringer on the phone. Wasn't too bad about 5-10 minutes.
    I removed al records referring to "none".
    I restarted the Treo and I have my green light back to work!!
    Some Preferencies have been lost (reg code for Docs To Go and Beyond Contacts, Buttons setting........and nothing more).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereboam
    Removing languages (ie French) does not affect the ability to use ALT to get accented characters etc does it?

    And presumably with Versamail gone you can get rid of the MultiMail databases and MMNotify Send, and MMID Cache 0-7 as well?

    And RealPlayer, same, you can delete RNWKDB too?

    Not that you probably get a lot of space, but while you're at it, kind of thing...

    FYI, I did have to repair my headset (Flamingo) after flashing.

    Cheers, J
    No it does not effect the ALT functions

    I have deleted those files as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Yes.
    Still looking at this.
    I'll give it a try tonight....thanks.
    Do you mean that also with this new file set I won't be able to see 1.20ENA instead of 1.13ROW. BTW it's not a big deal.

    Once you tested them, did you notice the same bug of green light?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  17. #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I'll give it a try tonight....thanks.
    Do you mean that also with this new file set I won't be able to see 1.20ENA instead of 1.13ROW. BTW it's not a big deal.

    Once you tested them, did you notice the same bug of green light?
    If you update with Palm's updater first, then update a custom ROM it will all be updated and show ENA. If you use the Firmware and Custom ROM it will sload the new software but will display 1.13 ROW or whatever you had.

    I had the green light thing before and then after then, resolved later.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  18. madas's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #278  
    James,

    I'm trying to go to ENA from APR. The Unlocked updater tells me I cannot use this on APR. any idea how to get back to ENA?

    I ran you custom rom but it didn't do anything

    Thanks
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereboam
    If you can't be bothered to wait for the Mac version of the updater and you have a Windows machine handy, that's what worked for me. No issues at all, everything seems to work, all PIM data unchanged, now just thinking about a custom ROM...!

    Hm, I was going to try something similar, but after seeing the steps you had to take, I may wait. I was hoping not to have to install Palm Desktop on the PC, so I wouldn't clutter up a loaned machine.

    I guess I'll be freshing this: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...edgsm_mac.html
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    If you update with Palm's updater first, then update a custom ROM it will all be updated and show ENA. If you use the Firmware and Custom ROM it will sload the new software but will display 1.13 ROW or whatever you had.

    I had the green light thing before and then after then, resolved later.
    So the only difference is that the software version number will not change? Otherwise, the firmware and software will both be updated?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad

Posting Permissions