Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Yeah, a reset while holding the up arrow is a warm reset. I've tried numerous more hard resets as well, and it's in the same endless loop...I think I really might've bricked the phone.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    Yeah, a reset while holding the up arrow is a warm reset. I've tried numerous more hard resets as well, and it's in the same endless loop...I think I really might've bricked the phone.
    You need to hold the up arrow and push the pin into the reset hole. If you are just holding the up arrow as it cycles through resets it won't work.

But don't worry, even if that doesn't help Shadowmite's restore tool works very well. I turned mine into a brilliant flashing christmas tree twice and the restore tool saved me.
    James, I tried using your striped version (english only, no tutorial) using the SD method on my Cingular unlocked treo which is currently on firmware 01.31 and Software Treo650-1.13-ROW. I got an error message after selecting update now on the EnzoC2 firmware updater which said Fpl (0005). The updater would not continue. The firmware updater had indicated Update: NONE and Module EnzoC2. Any thoughts?

Myles
    Which file? There was an issue with the first set. Try the newer files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

VOILA! After many MANY tries through the bootloader program terminal and some praying, IT'S ALIVE. They call me Frankenstein. ShadowMite and his crew are geniuses.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    AhhhHaaaa. The NEWER files. Damn, it is hard to keep up with you. After running both the firmware and software updaters (the software updater said 'success' at the end of the process) from post # 213 custom 1, I am at now at 01.71 but still at 1.13-ROW. This doesn't sound correct to me. What do you suggest? BTW, thanks for all this hard work for us.

Myles
    I am not sure why but the solution has been to run Palms update, then apply just the custom ROM.

Guess I will have to wait for the Mac version to come out to do this. However, if the issue is just that the new software has been properly installed, but not properly registered with the new software id on the phone info page, it may not be worth the trouble. How can you tell if the new software has actually been successfully installed? VersaMail is now v 3.1E, which I think is the newest version. Again, thanks for the help.
    Myles
    can anybody here post an official update (LAP) using sdcard method? i find it faster and better to update than palm's updater. or would anyone know how to extract it off palm's updater?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I am not sure why but the solution has been to run Palms update, then apply just the custom ROM.
    I agree. Using rev cvt2 is easier to apply too. You skip the longer firmware flash.
    I have FW 1.71 and software 1.14...I can't get it to update the software. It always freezes halfway through the flashing. Can anyone help? I have an unlocked GSM 650 and I am a Palm newbie.
    reading in shadowmite's site re extracting the bootloader update., please disregard my earlier post. thanks
    Thanks jamesgangut! Everything seems to have gone well :-)
    Ok, after a night full of headache and messing with what I thought was now a $500 paperweight...IT WORKS!

I will outline the whole process here for educational purposes of anyone in the same position I was in.

I originally came from the APR unofficial/leaked ROM. I flashed back to the 1.23 software on this forum that is used to unbrand a phone.

After this, I tried to use the stripped down version of the newly released updater posted in this thread.

This effectively bricked my phone ::GASP::

I used ShadowMite's bootloader terminal method (Thanks Jamesgangut!!!) to restore the 1.23 beta software.

After this, I updated to the OFFICIAL palm update using the standard Hotsync method. AFTER updating to the OFFICIAL release, I then updated to the stripped down version of the official release provided by Jamesgangut, and I'm done!

It works perfectly now, and I have about 1.5 MB more free RAM than I had before.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Hey James,
    No time for a Nap!
    Need to Build us a Bunch More Customs. HEHE. Just Kiddin.
    Ever think of Developing Treo SW? Have you been giving Customer Support, or what?
    I'm Amazed at your diligence.
    Look at the traffic at this thread, over 13,000 views, in just about a day and a half. Wow!
    Just call me Berd.
    Also installed the official update from Palm yesterday,

first thought: "Wow, an enormous improvement in speed!"
    second thought: "Bluetooth des work better"
    third thought: "why can't I still use my Tomtom navigator normally without having to reset my Treo?"

so a lot of things are very good now, but a few issues still remain...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Yes I did, It was a SavedPrefs issue. You can delete the file and put all the registration numbers etc. I choose to use Filez and just removed all entries that were unknown. Had to do some re setup but it is working.
    Any idea on wich are unknown corrupted entires?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by floehrer
    For those who did the update: Is there still a selection for the letter "Z" after choosing languages?
    Sure is. Happens between selection language and calibrating touch screen, just like any hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    OK thanks again.....it's strange because I have Versa 3.1E!!
    My guess is that
    - firmware updater -> updates the firmware
    - rom updater -> updates the firmware
    - DeviceCustomizer -> changes the version strings etc.

I run only the rom updater, and therefore no firmware and devicecustomization were performed... (E.g., versamail is 3.1E, bluetooth is much better, but still showing 1.20-APR I was running earlier...)
    I guess you did the same...