Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I remember reading that somewhere in Shadowmite forum. The ROM updater will update the ROM softwares but not the software version number.
    Those are called tokens.
    That's with his usb restore tool.
    That shouldn't apply here.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm a little confused, I have custom Firmware 1.43 and Software 1.14. As I recall this was an unofficial release, does this mean I cannot directly upgrade to the official Palm release without first reverting to the previous official release?
    Quote Originally Posted by karipay
    Hmmmm. If this is the case, is there a way to update just the software version number since we're actually using the 1.20 rom softwares?
    As suggested by James, run the official release Updater first and then the custom rom. I just did it and it shows the right version number.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I used one of James (thanks again) set (moving Firmware 5 files from Rom folder to Palm/Launcher). I'm now with 1.71 1.13-ROW, even if Versa is 3.1E and Blazer is 4.3.2.1.

BT seem to work better for both volume and connection speed.
    Volume is surely higher compared to 1.28, I'm testing w/o Volume care.
    I still have to use DBCachetool, but it works much better then before.

A part of the problem of the Phone info above (I think I'm on 1.20-ENA).....my blinking green light is not working any more, even if the network is good. Blinking and solid red work fine.
    Any others has the same problem???
    Yes I did, It was a SavedPrefs issue. You can delete the file and put all the registration numbers etc. I choose to use Filez and just removed all entries that were unknown. Had to do some re setup but it is working.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

James, I did it... It seems that it's again PALMs mistake... I go back to official 1.13ROW... After that I tried to apply the US version of official 1.20 ENA end it worked!!! Maybe there is a mistake in region customized versions... I've noticed that US version is 16 309 040 bytes while eastern european is 16 309 431. Now my phone is showing FW 1.71 and SW 1.20ENA...
    I have firmware 1.14dbg and am having trouble using the 1.20 updater. It seems to get stuck on it. Can anyone be of assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by papilsky
    I have firmware 1.14dbg and am having trouble using the 1.20 updater. It seems to get stuck on it. Can anyone be of assistance?
    I have never tried going from 1.14 to 1.20. I would go back to 1.13 or try a custom ROM. I would guess that the updater is going to fail when it sees the debug ROM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Did you notice if they were older than the 1.20 APR or ROW?
    Yes, LAP is older than 1.20 APR and ROW.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Yep, it's finally out, any brave souls want to try it out and let us know?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Where is the Mac updater? It's a disgrace that Mac users have to wait even longer. What's a big deal Palm? How long does it take to make .sit or .zip archive?
    Same thought here tomm. Although I think it's more complex than that, probably a .pkg file. Anyway, who wants to take bets on how long until it shows up. Given companys general support (or lack of) for Macs, I say about a week.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    Quote Originally Posted by neps
    Same thought here tomm. Although I think it's more complex than that, probably a .pkg file. Anyway, who wants to take bets on how long until it shows up. Given companys general support (or lack of) for Macs, I say about a week.
    I certainly hope it will be out tonight or tomorrow. The last updater was either .zip ir .sit file, not pkg if I remember correctly.

I find this Mac marginalization by Palm totally unacceptable and if Appple comes up with their own ipod/phone gismo as the rumors suggest (if it's it's really good), I and many others will be jumping the ship.
    How can I get back to 1.13??? The palm updater wont install since it see 1.14 as being newer.
    THanks.
    You have to do an SD load Custom type ROM. There are a few versions floating around. I know some have had to go back to 1.23.

LAP looks older than other but it come with Versamail 3.1F, very strange.
    What will happen if I try to install a custom 1.20 ROM on a locked Cingular phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut

Full ROM:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385907/..._full.zip.html

Custom3: (English Only, Tutorials, Real and VersaMail removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385753/...cust3.zip.html
    James, when I look at the unpacked size of ace-palmos.zip on the full ROM and custom ROM 3, is see a difference of 6,064,340 bytes. Does this mean that I can add this amount of apps (total bytes) to the base ROM?
    Shadomite's rom tool displays a negative number if I add much less apps/bytes but it also claims that the byte count is only good for the Sprint ROM. I'd like to clatify this because I do not want to create a paperweight. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    James, when I look at the unpacked size of ace-palmos.zip on the full ROM and custom ROM 3, is see a difference of 6,064,340 bytes. Does this mean that I can add this amount of apps (total bytes) to the base ROM?
    Shadomite's rom tool displays a negative number if I add much less apps/bytes but it also claims that the byte count is only good for the Sprint ROM. I'd like to clatify this because I do not want to create a paperweight. Thanks.
    You need to keep the acepalmos under 8MB. The Full version is ~7.9 and the Cust3 is ~5.7 so you can add ~2.1 and be safe. I always try to keep it smaller because that gives you more dbcache with I feel gives you more stability. When I load up my own ROM it is ~6.7 and 10MB RAM free.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    You need to keep the acepalmos under 8MB. The Full version is ~7.9 and the Cust3 is ~5.7 so you can add ~2.1 and be safe. I always try to keep it smaller because that gives you more dbcache with I feel gives you more stability. When I load up my own ROM it is ~6.7 and 10MB RAM free.
    Thanks! Makes sense.
    Alright guys...tried the custom ROM updater download in this thread using the SD card method, and I think my phone bricked. After the hard reset that the update asks for, it constantly goes through the progress bar reset screen, flashes the Palm OS screen, then goes back into a reset again...over and over again. ANY ADVICE??? I thought there was some way to use a bootloader or something to fix this. PLEASE HELP!
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Did you try a reset while holding the up arrow? I will get the other info in a second.