Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 913
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    OK thanks again.....it's strange because I have Versa 3.1E!!
    I also have 3.1E
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  2. #202  
    James,

    I also tried to use you custom ROMs but the sw shown is 1.13-ROW. Am I using the 1.20 software and the 1.13 is just a number you forgot to modify? Thanks!
    Last edited by karipay; 01/19/2006 at 04:19 PM.
  3. #203  
    It was posted earlier in the thread but I’ll ask again… WHY I GOT ERROR AND CANNOT UPDATE MY PHONE WITH OFFICIAL PALM UPDATER????? I was running official 1.13/1.28 update… Didn’t try any custom ROMS…. Made a hard reset. Sync with new name... Start new 1.20 updater downloaded for my region (Eastern Europe… the same place where I download the previous update from… ) And it generates un error after the firmware update and the updating process stopped informing that cannot update the ROM… Now Please tell me what to do… After turning on phone info says that I have 1.71 firmware???? What I did wrong??? Thanks in advance…
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    James,
    am I wrong if I say that the official updater came with fw 1.51 and not 1.71?

    BTW I'm trying to use you custom ROMs but the sw shown is 1.13-ROW.
    Same here. F/W says 1.71 but Software still 1.13-ROW.
  5. #205  
    I have unlocked Cingular and I followed the shadowmite romInstruct procedures. My firmware is 1.71 buf SW still says 1.17-CNG. I do see More option in the "Phone Info" options which shows CC-CAP and Carrier DB, so I know that I have some new SW, but I don't have Network Select (which I did have when I had the ROW sw).

    Thanks for all the help here.
  6. finnd's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #206  
    i just did the firmware only with the new(?) 1.71 from the 1.71APR and my blazer is still showing as only 4.0 What, if any changes should I have seen with doing the firmware only?

    Why the firmware only? I am TDY and I have a custom ROM and all the tools for modifying and my card reader are on the home server.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koleto
    It was posted earlier in the thread but I’ll ask again… WHY I GOT ERROR AND CANNOT UPDATE MY PHONE WITH OFFICIAL PALM UPDATER????? I was running official 1.13/1.28 update… Didn’t try any custom ROMS…. Made a hard reset. Sync with new name... Start new 1.20 updater downloaded for my region (Eastern Europe… the same place where I download the previous update from… ) And it generates un error after the firmware update and the updating process stopped informing that cannot update the ROM… Now Please tell me what to do… After turning on phone info says that I have 1.71 firmware???? What I did wrong??? Thanks in advance…
    Does it update your Firmware to 1.71 then fail on the ROM image? Or does it fail loading the firmware?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    i just did the firmware only with the new(?) 1.71 from the 1.71APR and my blazer is still showing as only 4.0 What, if any changes should I have seen with doing the firmware only?

    Why the firmware only? I am TDY and I have a custom ROM and all the tools for modifying and my card reader are on the home server.
    Firmware is just for the phone/radio. You won't see any software changes until you do the ROM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  9. #209  
    For everyone who has run into the issue where there Firmware did update to 1.71 but then had ROM failures and are still at 1.13 did you run Palm's updater?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. finnd's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #210  
    thanks for the quick reply, that is what i was thinking. Am I safe in assuming when I go from 1.13ROW to 1.20ENA I will see blazer go from 4.0 to 4.0f?

    thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
  11. #211  
    Yes James, it updated the firmware part and failed on ROM part the message was "Your Unlocked Unbranded GSM device revision 1.13 cannot be updated to a "Unknown device revision 1.20. Please check Palm's website for an update compatible with your device. Click OK to quit the updater"

    EDIT: And as I write I am using official Palm updater 1.20 to update official Palm ver.1.13... Didn't use custom ROMs... Thanks for your help in advance...
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    For everyone who has run into the issue where there Firmware did update to 1.71 but then had ROM failures and are still at 1.13 did you run Palm's updater?
    James,

    No, I didn't run Palm's updater.

    I used your stripped version (no tutorial, english only and no real player). After I installed both firmware and software. My firmware got updated to 1.71 but the software remains the same (1.13). But I noticed that I don't have real player, tutorial and the other languages after doing hard reset. Does this mean, I'm using 1.20 software and just forgot to update the software number?
  13. #213  
    ***Clipped***

    Please look to Post #378
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/21/2006 at 11:20 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by karipay
    James,

    No, I didn't run Palm's updater.

    I used your stripped version (no tutorial, english only and no real player). After I installed both firmware and software. My firmware got updated to 1.71 but the software remains the same (1.13). But I noticed that I don't have real player, tutorial and the other languages after doing hard reset. Does this mean, I'm using 1.20 software and just forgot to update the software number?
    I had this exact issue my first time through (I was 1.20 ROW), after running the Palm update I was still ROW. So I hard reset my Treo then applied Palms Update( after downloading again). It was ENA then, hard reset. Then applied my stripped ROM and it updated correctly.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  15. jberger's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #215  
    Ya'll can all thank me for getting the offical patch released, I had waited until yesterday to try the "unoffical" firmware from James and not 5 minutes (literally) after I downloaded and applied the patch, Palm released the new firmware.
    Typical. . . Waited patiently for months. . .

    BTW: My Bluetooth headset (Moto HS810) works MUCH better with the new firmware. Calls are automatically transferred to the headset when calling or dialing and it doesn't loose the connection after 3-4 calls like it used to.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koleto
    Yes James, it updated the firmware part and failed on ROM part the message was "Your Unlocked Unbranded GSM device revision 1.13 cannot be updated to a "Unknown device revision 1.20. Please check Palm's website for an update compatible with your device. Click OK to quit the updater"

    EDIT: And as I write I am using official Palm updater 1.20 to update official Palm ver.1.13... Didn't use custom ROMs... Thanks for your help in advance...
    You can try the Full ROM and just use Shadowmites update to just try the ROM. My only hesitation is if it is a hardware issue.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I had this exact issue my first time through (I was 1.20 ROW), after running the Palm update I was still ROW. So I hard reset my Treo then applied Palms Update( after downloading again). It was ENA then, hard reset. Then applied my stripped ROM and it updated correctly.
    I remember reading that somewhere in Shadowmite forum. The ROM updater will update the ROM softwares but not the software version number.
  18. #218  
    Aaaaah... OK I'm starting with experiments...
    Thanks James... I'm using my treo for almost half an year now with 1.13ROW without a single problem. I'm sure it's not a HW problem... I will use your new rom and will update from SD card. But first I will add some of the apps I'm using in it... I'll keep you informed... Thanks once again..
  19. #219  
    I used one of James (thanks again) set (moving Firmware 5 files from Rom folder to Palm/Launcher). I'm now with 1.71 1.13-ROW, even if Versa is 3.1E and Blazer is 4.3.2.1.

    BT seem to work better for both volume and connection speed.
    Volume is surely higher compared to 1.28, I'm testing w/o Volume care.
    I still have to use DBCachetool, but it works much better then before.

    A part of the problem of the Phone info above (I think I'm on 1.20-ENA).....my blinking green light is not working any more, even if the network is good. Blinking and solid red work fine.
    Any others has the same problem???
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I remember reading that somewhere in Shadowmite forum. The ROM updater will update the ROM softwares but not the software version number.
    Hmmmm. If this is the case, is there a way to update just the software version number since we're actually using the 1.20 rom softwares?

Posting Permissions