Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did send off a fairly complete report to them. It included that I had the same problem when using ZLauncher as well. (Curiosity got the better of me and I spent a few hours late last night playing with it.)
    I am just wondering is it really as powerful as powerrun. I have been using power run for quite sometime now and I don't really want to beta test a new program even though zlink sounds sweet and all. If zlink is better than power run and all the bugs are fixed, then I might think to swtich.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    I experimented a bit with vindigo. It moves to the card nicely with zlink, but loses the ability to do ota updates. I think what happens is vindigo starts the vsync program to do the update, so it is moved out of memory when it starts. When the sync finishes, it is moved back into memory and the database is overwritten with the old data. Anyone find a workaround?
    My Zlink has been nagging me to register for awhile. I'd be happy to register it, but I don't think that is possible yet, right? Just a beta version, I guess.

ZZ sent me another file that they said would refresh the trial period, but that did nt work. I am afraid to delete the original file for fear I will lose all my links? Anyone else have this or figure out how to work around the nag screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    I am just wondering is it really as powerful as powerrun. I have been using power run for quite sometime now and I don't really want to beta test a new program even though zlink sounds sweet and all. If zlink is better than power run and all the bugs are fixed, then I might think to swtich.
    Same thing I was thinking....from what I have read in this thread, seems that ZLink does the same thing as PowerRUN but is 3 times the size....or what am I missing ?
    Palmgear is showing a version of Zlink for sale...what is the difference with this and just moving programs to the card with ZLauncher? Anyone tested it against PowerRun?
    you would use zlink as an alternative to zlauncher, if all you're interested in is having an easy way to launch your card apps from the default launcher.

Not that I've tried it or am using it, I use powerrun (it does the same thing).

Interesting: I've noticed an amazing reliability improvement after removing my previous launcher last week (LauncherX, after two years of use..you'll be missed little buddy), I think going default launcher+zlink (or equivalent) is the way to go.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I think $18 is a bit much for a utility like this. When ZLauncher was selling at $12 I thought ZZTechs had under-priced it. Now I think they've gone the other way with ZLink.

Especially not sure if it is much of a bargain for us ZLauncher owners.

Is it just me or has the price of Palm software gone up significantly over the last year or two? Seems utilities that used to cost $5-10 now come in around $15-20.
    I've been using Zlink also. One thing I should point out that I like about it, is it lets you install apps directly to the card, so they show up on the card, they make a shortcut so it also shows up in the regular Palm launcher. It doesn't seem like Powerrun or Linkstart does this.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    The main advantage of zlink is it lets you make shortcuts to individual files, like Docs to Go files, mp3's. Also shortcuts to phone calls like you would have in the Phone favorites buttons but they are in the Palm desktop.
    I'm still not quite sure I get the difference -- does zLauncher move additional items (such as the required databases etc) when you move an app to the SD card? In other words, do you need to select every file associated with an app using zLink to get the same effect???

I think zLink might be my next choice -- I've tried all of the launchers, but seem to come back to using the default one, but its inability to move/access sd apps from the main screen (without having to navigate to the card category) is annoying.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12