Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was wondering if you guys had seen this and what your thoughts were on it? It isn't available yet and there is no release date that I have seen but it looks VERY promising.

With no external microphone, you can kiss that background noise so commonly associated with handsfree units.

Any feedback, or info on this is appreciated.

thanks!!

Link: Motorola H5 Miniblue
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Looks very cool. I'd be interested in giving it a try, although talktime of 1.5 is a little weak for me.
    I saw this at CES. It's very small. Smaller then my Jabra JX10. I didn't like the fact that it went into your ear so deep. Deeper then those Jabra EarJel. Too deep for me.

Also the so called "portable" charging base is not small. It's about 4 inches long and about 1.5 inches wide. It also wasn't that easy to take the H5 in and out of this charging base.

The guy who was showing the H5 at CES told me that it takes about 2 hrs to charge the H5 off the charging base to 100% and about 45 min. to charge to 80% when the battery on the H5 is nearly dead. I guess that means you have to have your charging base with you at all times charging the H5 when not in use.

I didn't get a chance to test the sound quality.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paqmaster
    I saw this at CES. It's very small. Smaller then my Jabra JX10. I didn't like the fact that it went into your ear so deep. Deeper then those Jabra EarJel. Too deep for me.

Also the so called "portable" charging base is not small. It's about 4 inches long and about 1.5 inches wide. It also wasn't that easy to take the H5 in and out of this charging base.

The guy who was showing the H5 at CES told me that it takes about 2 hrs to charge the H5 off the charging base to 100% and about 45 min. to charge to 80% when the battery on the H5 is nearly dead. I guess that means you have to have your charging base with you at all times charging the H5 when not in use.

I didn't get a chance to test the sound quality.
    Nice to hear some first hand reports. I figure with the charger, it'll be just like a spare battery so it'll be close, but just not on the "person". I always put the spare battery for my phones in the car so I know I can get to it if need be.

I figure the talk time is a trade off for not having that boom mic and all the noise the comes with so I'm game!

With the "in-ear" solution, it shouldn't bother me much as I do alot of shooting (precision, and competition) so having something in my ear is something that happens quite frequently. I bet the rubber on this is softer then the plugs so I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by paqmaster
    (...) Also the so called "portable" charging base is not small. It's about 4 inches long and about 1.5 inches wide. It also wasn't that easy to take the H5 in and out of this charging base (...)
    It would have been nice if the charging base has the same functionality as that of Plantronics 640. That is it accepts a single AAA-sized battery that can charge the headset without having to plug it into any wall.

Also, I am very curious about in-ear mic . Wonder what it will sound like on the other end.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarin
    It would have been nice if the charging base has the same functionality as that of Plantronics 640. That is it accepts a single AAA-sized battery that can charge the headset without having to plug it into any wall.

Also, I am very curious about in-ear mic . Wonder what it will sound like on the other end.
    Funny you mention the Plantronics 640. I bought it and will be sticking with it until I hear some reviews on this besides the single review on bengalboy.com.
    I went to bengalboy.com after reading your post... Man, what a site. Others beware...it is not a site you should visit using your work PC!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarin
    I went to bengalboy.com after reading your post... Man, what a site. Others beware...it is not a site you should visit using your work PC!
    Oops, sorry, I should have warned you. I mean, it's nothing my admins would bark at but I also have my own office so I don't have to worry about people looking over my shoulder.

The site is interesting to say the least and reading what he writes and how he portrays himself is kind gut wrenching but he's got some cool reviews and such so I just try to wade through the bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Looks very cool. I'd be interested in giving it a try, although talktime of 1.5 is a little weak for me.
    I am now in search of yet another BT Headset. According to Motorola H5 MinBlue's website, the talk time is 7.5; I cant imagine anyone making something with so little talk time.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I am now in search of yet another BT Headset. According to Motorola H5 MinBlue's website, the talk time is 7.5; I cant imagine anyone making something with so little talk time.
    7.5 hours isn't enough? heck, the treo 650 battery will be long gone before that!
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    7.5 hours isn't enough? heck, the treo 650 battery will be long gone before that!
    Actually, no it's not; not for my needs anyway. And the headsets that take AA or AAA batteries are of poor quality on my 650.....crackling / popping...stuff like that.

As far as the battery being long gone, I dont suffer with dead battery issues.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    anybody got a spare $300 they will loan me? I will review it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9739661868
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Darn! According to this site, the H5 Miniblue has been delayed until 2007:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=129899