Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    1. Your GPS's advertised that the external antenna port is not blocked. How come there isn't a cutout on the skin cases for it as well? "I know the skin won't work in the GPS cradle. Just curious why it's not though of on the cases."
    2. Why won't you ship UPS?
    I have a question for Seidio as well: Why won't you make a TREO 650 keyboard overlay / skin / protector?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    1. Your GPS's advertised that the external antenna port is not blocked. How come there isn't a cutout on the skin cases for it as well? "I know the skin won't work in the GPS cradle. Just curious why it's not though of on the cases."
    2. Why won't you ship UPS?
    1. Our car cradles have very tight tolerances and to provide cutouts for skins - which aren't meant for cradle docking - just didn't seem to make sense.

2. We contstantly reevaluate our shipping methods and try to work with the most efficient competitively priced companies. At this particular point in time, it is FedEx.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, ask on.

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I have a question for Seidio as well: Why won't you make a TREO 650 keyboard overlay / skin / protector?
    We researched the skin market for sometime before we released our iteration. Most forums and comments we came across seemed to point to an uncovered keyboard for easier and more accurate access. Should public opinion change, we are always looking for innovative ways to please Treo users.

David
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Thanks, but question #1 is why isn't there a cutout in the skin case for the external antenna port?
    Well I'm not looking for a full body Treo 650 skin with keyboard protector, I'm just looking for a keyboard protector by-itself (not integrated into a full body skin). I just need protection from daily wear and dirt for my keyboard, d-pad, call answer / hangup and application buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    We researched the skin market for sometime before we released our iteration. Most forums and comments we came across seemed to point to an uncovered keyboard for easier and more accurate access. Should public opinion change, we are always looking for innovative ways to please Treo users.

David

I actually think a silcone skin for the keyboard would make typing more accurate. I used the zcover and the keyboard was much easier to type with the skin on. I only gave up the case because the silicone used would collect too much lint (especially when I used to carry it in my pocket. I think just having the keyboard covered in silicone won't be so bad. Perhaps you can make a prototype and I would be glad to test it. If you still decide not to make it then, I won;t bother you anymore (but i will KEEP the prototype ) Actually make 2 prototypes, I'm sure IsLNdbOi would love to be a tester too!
    I like the keyboard exposed.

It does provide easier and more accurate keystrokes.

It would be nice to have the skinned treo fit the cradle but.... you can't have everything.
    Yes, I would love to test out a silicon keyboard protector for the Treo 650. It has to cover the whole keyboard + d-pad, the red and green call buttons, application buttons, menu button and home button.
    Hey coppertop no offense, but we don't need that opinion in this thread. No one will force you to buy or use a keyboard cover if they do release one.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Thanks, but question #1 is why isn't there a cutout in the skin case for the external antenna port?
    Sorry, looked and answered too quickly. The question just never came up during development because external antenna users don't seem to be a large group. If enough people show interest, it is definitely something we could look in to.

David
    Hey coppertop no offense, but we don't need that opinion in this thread. No one will force you to buy or use a keyboard cover if they do release one.
    Yet I am not entitled to my opinion that such a cover is not needed?
    Who's trying to force thier opinion?
    If you don't want to read comments from others, I'd suggest you not post.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Yet I am not entitled to my opinion that such a cover is not needed?
    Who's trying to force thier opinion?
    If you don't want to read comments from others, I'd suggest you not post.
    Well enynite and I are here trying to convince David that such a keyboard cover is needed and here you come along voicing out that YOU don't need it. We're here to ask David questions and make some requests. It's not helping when a number of people need something and then voice their request (not opinion) out then the one of the people that feel that they don't need such a thing come out and voice an opinion that wasn't asked for AND is not helping those that made the request.
    I have to say that maybe a full silicone covered keyboard might be a good idea. I actually think on all silicone cases the edges are to close to the keysboard, It always get in the way, I was thinking about trimming some off the edge but I would probably make a mess of it.

I also agree the raised silicone over the 5 way makes it much easier to use, so why not the keyboard also.

One reason it might not get done is the keyboard having some changes on the 700w and upcoming models.
    Well enynite and I are here trying to convince David that such a keyboard cover is needed and here you come along voicing out that YOU don't need it. We're here to ask David questions and make some requests. It's not helping when a number of people need something and then voice their request (not opinion) out then the one of the people that feel that they don't need such a thing come out and voice an opinion that wasn't asked for AND is not helping those that made the request.

Wait a minute....

This still is an open forum, right?
    I didn't realize it was a IsLNdbOi forum that can only contain posts in support of your position.

There are other means to make recommendations to Seidio if you don't want contrary opinions offered. Again, if you don't want to read what others think, don't post.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Wait a minute....

This still is an open forum, right?
    I didn't realize it was a IsLNdbOi forum that can only contain posts in support of your position.

There are other means to make recommendations to Seidio if you don't want contrary opinions offered. Again, if you don't want to read what others think, don't post.
    Again, it's not that I don't want to read your posts or see your opinion. It's that your opinion in the middle of this thread where we are asking questions to and making requests to Seidio, is kind of not helping our request.

And as for opinions against a keyboard cover, David already stated that they had read some user feedback on something like this before and didn't think it was worthwhile, I guess, to make one.
    Again, it's not that I don't want to read your posts or see your opinion. It's that your opinion in the middle of this thread where we are asking questions to and making request to Seidio, is kind of not helping our request.

I guess I should be flattered that you think I have such influence with Seidio that my opinion that a keyboard cover (stand alone or incorporated into the skin) is not needed will convince them not to produce such an item.

Instead, I'm irritated that you would even suggest that someone can't post comments contrary (or not helpful) to your suggestions.

This is an open forum. While there are regulations on a post's content, there is no regulation as to the nature of the post. There is no regulation that prohibits contrary views.

If you don't like my opinion, then you'll just have to get over it.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You two should get a room! You sound like an old married couple!

I for one throw my hat in with the covered keyboard crowd, though I don't know about silicone. I'm on my third case, and its the least expensive I've had. Its the flip cover from Palm with a thin sheet of plastic over the keypad. No issues with typing, and the keypad is pristene.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Sorry, looked and answered too quickly. The question just never came up during development because external antenna users don't seem to be a large group. If enough people show interest, it is definitely something we could look in to.

David
    Thanks. Here's an idea. How about an outline on the case showing us do- it-your-selfers where to make the hole with a hole punch. I put my own hole in my Speck case but missed by this much. l--l I just ordered your case because the Speck stretches entirely too much. My attempt to shrink it down over the eye of my stove resulted in a new Speck puddle.
    Ok, so right now we have four people that think it might be a good idea to release a keyboard protector: enynite, vikingjunior, Micael and myself. Anyone else? The more people that chime in here for a keyboard protector, the more likely Seidio will release one... hopefully.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast