Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, so right now we have four people that think it might be a good idea to release a keyboard protector: enynite, vikingjunior, Micael and myself. Anyone else? The more people that chime in here for a keyboard protector, the more likely Seidio will release one... hopefully.
    these guys at image 911 make a whole series of keyboard protectors for various handheld pcs. maybe you can interest them in taking up the challenge of doing something for the treo. check them out here:

http://www.image911.net/store/index.php?cPath=27

Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I am actually suprised out the 100's of accessory outlets nobody has done this. Be a trend setter.
    Ok, so right now we have four people that think it might be a good idea to release a keyboard protector: enynite, vikingjunior, Micael and myself. Anyone else? The more people that chime in here for a keyboard protector, the more likely Seidio will release one... hopefully.

Quick.... get out the pom-poms! IsLNdbOi has finally gotten a cheering squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Geez, just drop it already. We're past that... Well at least I am.

Now you had to pull me into it, didn't yer....I get paid to wave pom poms.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Thanks. Here's an idea. How about an outline on the case showing us do- it-your-selfers where to make the hole with a hole punch. I put my own hole in my Speck case but missed by this much. l--l I just ordered your case because the Speck stretches entirely too much. My attempt to shrink it down over the eye of my stove resulted in a new Speck puddle.
    I'll forward this to our development team and see what the feedback is. If anything comes of it, I'll let you know. Thanks for a good idea.

David
    So what do you say David? How about getting a keyboard protector out for the Tro 650.
    So what do you say David? How about getting a keyboard protector out for the Tro 650.
    Not saying that we will produce it, but, what would you like to see most - an integrated key cover/skin case or some kind of protective plastic screen that hooks into a skin case? Survey says...?

David
    Just a simple keyboard skin that stays on via a thin strip(s) of silicon or vinyl that wraps around the Treo. The thin strips or straps should I say, would be attached to the keyboard cover on both ends and you would just slide the Treo 650 into it. It has to be this way so we can use it with any skin type case that does not have the keyboard covered (Sena LeatherSkin, all the various brands of silicon skin cases, etc.).

I'd like it to be like the keyboard cover on the ZCover skin case:

http://www.zcover.com/IMAGES/Treo650...PT650OBL_2.jpg http://www.zcover.com/IMAGES/Treo600...over_85x85.jpg

It also has to cover the d-pad, phone answer and end buttons, the home button and the menu button just like in the Seidio skin case:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...50_skin_wh.jpg

Except it has to be a separate thing. We do not want a full body skin case, just a piece to protect all the buttons on the front of the Treo 650.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01/19/2006 at 04:16 PM.
    Actually, the thin plastic / vinyl / whatever material that would be used to strap around the Treo 650 could be slid under the battery cover and under the battery so if you're not using a case, you can still have all the buttons on the front of your Treo 650 covered and not have tacky looking plastic wrapping around the back of your Treo 650.
    NO... I would only go for a basic full body skin, NO flaps. Same thin raised silicone that is already on the 5way pad. Am sure that would be a much simplier mold to design.
    I'd like something I can put onto the Treo to cover the keyboard and all the other buttons (talk, 5-way, applications, etc.) and still be able to put it into a case. I'm currently using that magnesium case, and like it a lot, but my 5-way is already starting to show wear. It's not even a month old yet!!! I don't know the material I'd want it made of, but something that would be thin, strong, and still provide good feedback and response. I'd be more than willing to pay for something like that, and I'm sure many others would too.
    Careful Viking... you'll violate your pom pom contract.

Even though your suggestion makes the most sense both from a consumer and manufacturer's view.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    NO... I would only go for a basic full body skin, NO flaps. Same thin raised silicone that is already on the 5way pad. Am sure that would be a much simplier mold to design.
    A full body skin would be ok if the Treo 650 with the full body skin on could still fit in a very form fitting case (Sena LeatherSkin). Otherwise ZCover already offers a full skin with keyboard protector.

Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I'd like something I can put onto the Treo to cover the keyboard and all the other buttons (talk, 5-way, applications, etc.) and still be able to put it into a case. I'm currently using that magnesium case, and like it a lot, but my 5-way is already starting to show wear. It's not even a month old yet!!! I don't know the material I'd want it made of, but something that would be thin, strong, and still provide good feedback and response. I'd be more than willing to pay for something like that, and I'm sure many others would too.
    That's exactly why we need a protector for all the buttons on the front of the Treo 650. My favorite case (and ALOT of other cases I've seen for the Treo 650) has all the front buttons exposed and a nice protector for all the front buttons would fit nicely in with these cases.

Careful Viking... you'll violate your pom pom contract.

Even though your suggestion makes the most sense both from a consumer and manufacturer's view.
    OMG, what is your problem? You are acting like a child now. Please stop.

If any moderator is reading this, please do something about this guy.
    How about a black skin case with the reset hole ?
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
    yeah the keyboard only cover would be ideal to adapt to any case you like. For full skin coverage, the zcover is an alternative.
    OMG, what is your problem? You are acting like a child now. Please stop.

If any moderator is reading this, please do something about this guy.

My problem is with your suggestion that posts contrary to your way of thought are not welcome.

I honestly can't say I've seen anyone say that someone's opinion isn't welcomed within a thread. I've seen opinions attacked (constructively and more on a personal level) but I can't say that I've seen someone state that contrary opinions were not welcome and should not be posted.

If you can't handle the reaction to your statements, don't make them.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    My problem is with your suggestion that posts contrary to your way of thought are not welcome.

I honestly can't say I've seen anyone say that someone's opinion isn't welcomed within a thread. I've seen opinions attacked (constructively and more on a personal level) but I can't say that I've seen someone state that contrary opinions were not welcome and should not be posted.

If you can't handle the reaction to your statements, don't make them.
    Since I started this thread, I'll let you post anything you want even though it was hijacked from me.
    Comment directed at IsLNdbOi...

and I agree that Seidio should offer UPS or USPS shipping. I bet it would reduce some of the shipping costs.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Absolutely....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast