1.    #1  
    I use Sprint and over the weekend, I no longer had audio on my Treo. I took the phone in expecting to get a free replacement (as I've been able to do in the past--I was on my 2nd Treo). but since the merger, they've got a much more restrictive repair/replacement policy (if you don't have the insurance coverage).

$35 is still not bad for essentially a new phone (even has the new Sprint logo on it and the new Sprint splash screen when the phone power is toggled) but not as good as free! I probably still won't buy the $3/month insurance--seeing as how I paid just $35 for replacement anyway (equivalent to paying insurance for a year).
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    $35 is chump change compared to what you'd be paying if you didn't have the insurance. Yeah, free is better, but still a small price to pay as opposed to forking over $300-$400 for a brand new phone.
    Also it is "New" and not a refurb!
    $0 deductible if you had the SF PAP policy for $30/year.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    $35 is chump change compared to what you'd be paying if you didn't have the insurance. Yeah, free is better, but still a small price to pay as opposed to forking over $300-$400 for a brand new phone.
    Sounds like I wasn't too clear in my message: the replacement I got WAS a refurb (although looked new to me) and I DON'T have the insurance...$35 was the price without insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Sounds like I wasn't too clear in my message: the replacement I got WAS a refurb (although looked new to me) and I DON'T have the insurance...$35 was the price without insurance.
    No. I thought you were clear.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.