1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a problem with the backlight for the screen not coming on? The past few weeks I have had an issue where the backlight will not come on, and I can't figure out why. The keyboard will light up, just not the screen display. I have tried a soft reset and hard reset and that worked once, then stopped again. I thought maybe due to low battery, but have never had this issue before with low battery. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by webmistress
    Has anyone had a problem with the backlight for the screen not coming on? The past few weeks I have had an issue where the backlight will not come on, and I can't figure out why. The keyboard will light up, just not the screen display. I have tried a soft reset and hard reset and that worked once, then stopped again. I thought maybe due to low battery, but have never had this issue before with low battery. Any ideas?
    Other threads here mention heat issues. I've noticed when my treo is in the case and I'm surfing the web and chatting on the phone for extended periods of time my backlight will not come on. Maybe it is a safety feature so you don't light your Treo on fire.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    Other threads here mention heat issues. I've noticed when my treo is in the case and I'm surfing the web and chatting on the phone for extended periods of time my backlight will not come on. Maybe it is a safety feature so you don't light your Treo on fire.
    Ahh, I did wonder about that because the phone felt rather warm to the touch. But, it has never done this before, and of course, I am getting close to my 1 year mark for returns. I shall likely take it over to the Sprint store this week and have them check it out. Thanks for the reply!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Mine has started doing the same thing and this is driving me crazy. I am thinking about doing a hard reset and reinstalling each program individually. Don't know why it just started though