1.    #1  
    Ok, so yesterday I got home and plugged in my treo. I had it charging all night. Then I got up this morning, and I went to go take it off its charger so I wouldn't forget it, and the battery wasn't charged! I also had the Ptunes interface on. Would that do anything? OR do I have to send it for repairs?
    Are you sure it was charging? (Was the red LED light on?) Sometimes, I have my plugged in but the connection is not secure and it's not charging.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Did it not charge at all, or it just didn't top off to 100%? Also, are you having any other problems with the phone?

I'm asking because I started having problems yesterday with charging to full capacity, and I've been researching it all day and have found that MANY people have had problems starting as easly as last Feb-Mar, and a lot in Sep-Oct too. MANY of those people claim to have replaced the battery and it's now working ok. Just a thought, but I'm going to buy one on EBay tonight. I know it's probably not BRAND NEW, but if it shows any improvement, I'll at least know that if I spend $40 on a NEW batery from somewhere like pdaparts.com, I'll be back in business. Just my thoughts...

Oh, as far as PTunes running... sure, if you have an application running, it is therefore using power as it's charging, so it would indeed charge slower, but it should still fully charge the battery if left plugged in overnight regardless.
  4.    #4  
    tcringer, thanks man. Same to you too tiger. But, even thought I had Ptunes open, it wasn't playing music. And it didnt charge at all. I have it on the charger right now, without ptunes on or anything for that matter. And I'll see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwie
    tcringer, thanks man. Same to you too tiger. But, even thought I had Ptunes open, it wasn't playing music. And it didnt charge at all. I have it on the charger right now, without ptunes on or anything for that matter. And I'll see if it works.
    At the risk of sounded redundant, is the red LED light on? If not, it may be a bad cable. Just trying to eliminate the obvious and least expensive potential problem.

Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  6.    #6  
    the red light is on, but it wasn't last night. It may be the plug, or the cradle. I'll do some more tests later on.
    let's us know what happens.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    Ok, for last night it charged up. Thx guys. I'll check to see if it charges tonight.
    my treo 600 will not recharge... did soft reset, cradle reset, hard reset, nothing worked... to eliminate the charger being the problem, tried charging with a known-good-charger at radio shack... so the problem is with the phone, perhaps with the connection point... WHAT DO I DO?
    It's very weird what has ocurred with my phone over the past week, but I wanted to share in case it helps anyone else. Two weeks or so back I started getting the dreaded NO SERVICE issue on my Treo 600. If I tried to answer an incoming call or make an outgoing call, and I wasn't plugged in to AC or DC power, the phone would hang briefly, then say NO SERVICE. It's a known problem now and has to do with an aging battery. Also consistent with the problem people report that their batteries stop fully charging, and the NO SERVICE problem occurs because the battery is drained to a point where the phone needs more power than it can supply for a short burst of time.

What is very weird with my situation is that, while the symptoms are EXACTLY like everyone else describes, my phone started functioning perfectly again a few days ago. It's probably because I went and ordered a new internal battery, but I didn't install it yet, and all of a sudden, my battery charges to 100% and I haven't had a NO SERVICE or a hang in a full week now. Not sure why, but something hardware based was certainly the cause, and now it's fine.
    check board for my similar posts. i had similar no charging issue and turned out to be a bad motherboard. I did not fix my verizoned treo but instead bought repair verizon treo and swapped my good screen on to the repair verizon 600. cost of the repair treo was $56 shipped (ebay). BTW you can purchase a motherboard but not sure if you want to swap all those parts. I also swapped the battery but that did not resolve the issue.
    hope this helps
    I have a Treo 680 and two batteries. It will not charge when I plug the charger into the phone, but the Palm portable battery charger will charge the batteries just fine. There seems to be an issue with the connector. If I jiggle the charger around a bit, I'll see the charging indicator come on but it disappears when I'm not actively holding the charger in the sweet spot.

I've tried three different chargers and not of them will correctly charge my phone although they charge my wifes Tungsten just fine and also charge the Treo 680 batteries in the portable extra battery charger. All three chargers worked with the phone previously.

Therefore, I can only conclude that something is wrong with the charger input on the phone itself. There is nothing obstructing the charger input in my phone, so I don't know what the problem is. The metal bits in the charger input look fine, could they be too loose?

Also, perhaps related, I've been unable to hotsync my phone by USB for over half a year. I do everything over the air, so I don't really care but I'm wondering if it is related?

The phone is about two years old, but well taken care off, always in a protective case and is in otherwise good condition. Any suggestions will be appreciated.