Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I bought a used treo 600 off of a auction site, and after getting it activated with sprint, ran into the dreaded battery/no service bug. (Rev. C Hardware)
    The LCD was already damaged, and I have noticed the speaker sounds like and/or is blown out.

What I wanted to do was send it in to Palm's repair service and just pay 169$ to get it all fixed since I dont have insurance for it, but would they repair all the problems, or just whatever they feel like/one thing? Has anyone used their service before?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Palm is normally very ethical on these matters. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $will$ $repair$ $the$ $phone$ $provided$ $you$ $have$ $communicated$ $to$ $them$ $clearly$ $about$ $all$ $the$ $issues$. $Try$ $your$ $luck$
    - Ajay
    It is not a warrantee repair. You are paying for the service. Tell them what's wrong for info and they will ship you a refurb unit regardless.

That is if they have the inventory.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    If they didnt have the inventory, would there be a chance of them giving me a 650?
    Of course I highly doubt that would happen, but hey, a guy can dream right?
    You could also try to repair it yourself. It's really not that hard. Do a search on the forums and checkout Pdaparts.com for instructions on how to replace the screen etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was considering doing it myself, but because there are so many problems, I decided to just have them do it professionally, it may even cost less money!

I talked to a palm rep on the phone (after getting shuffled around to and from sprint because palm is elusive like that), they took my service order, wich including tax (15% tax?! what state charges that?!) came out to 182.10. I'll update this once everythings done and let you all know how it went.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorFox
    If they didnt have the inventory, would there be a chance of them giving me a 650?
    Of course I highly doubt that would happen, but hey, a guy can dream right?
    If you don't try it, you never know what would have happened.