Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I just applied the included Palm screen protector. I cut it so it fit perfectly on the screen, but now i want to remove it and go screen-protectorless but i cant figure out how to remove it.

    Any suggestions? Tips?

    Thanks guys!
  2. #2  
    Got a small suction cup? Start in one corner.

    Otherwise, you are going to have to figure out how to get one corner started without scratching the screen. Gently with tweezers?

    (I would suggest you rethink the not using one. Ounce of pervention is worth a pound of cure and all that. There are many types of screen protectors and they are just like cases for your Treo -- everyone has their own favorite. If you like the glossy appearance of the naked screen -- you might want to try the Crystal variety of screen protector.)

    http://www.boxwave.com/products/cate...protectors.htm

    Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/18/2006 at 07:21 AM.
  3. #3  
    try scoth tape on corners that works for me

    Fred
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    try scoth tape on corners that works for me

    Fred


  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #5  
    Just a kick for tips.
  6. #6  
    I used a thumbtack. It was less nasty than you think.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I used a thumbtack. It was less nasty than you think.
  8. #8  
    toothpicks work well too... soften up the tip a little by bending slightly and little splinters should pop out, they get under the sp pretty easy...
  9. d1hamby's Avatar
    Posts
    291 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #9  
    plastic dental floss thingy
  10. nelson1's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #10  
    I've found that duct tape works well. Some scotch tape doesn't have enough pulling power.
    --Nelson
    _______________________________________
    Treo Pro - Sprint
  11. #11  
    On a related topic, how reusable are reusable screen protectors? The care instructions with mine indicate to wash with warm water and shake to dry in a low dust area. How much use can I expect to get out of this before it begins to wear down?

    Does anyone have any experience with "washing" a reusable screen protector?

    TIA!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    On a related topic, how reusable are reusable screen protectors? The care instructions with mine indicate to wash with warm water and shake to dry in a low dust area. How much use can I expect to get out of this before it begins to wear down?

    Does anyone have any experience with "washing" a reusable screen protector?

    TIA!
    I use screen protectors that are supposed to be replaced after a few months or so. I leave them on for years. Never a problem.
  13. #13  
    My Palm Pilot Pro (USRobotics) still has the first screen protector I put on it. I did do the scotchtape on the grafitti area though.

    Just popped in a couple of AAA's, still seems to work. I even have the modem.

    We complain about memory and thins thing only has 960k, and you loose everything if you change the batteries too slow
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb
    We complain about memory and thins thing only has 960k, and you loose everything if you change the batteries too slow
    Hehehe, I remember that. Good times.
  15. #15  
    I always use the tip of my stylus and kind of start in a corner and pull towards the center of the screen. It will peel the corner up so you can grab on to the screen protector to peel it off. Works quite well!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Erik
    I always use the tip of my stylus and kind of start in a corner and pull towards the center of the screen. It will peel the corner up so you can grab on to the screen protector to peel it off. Works quite well!
    Yep me too always seemd to work but to be honset i dont really take them off, if i have it has been within a coupele of seconds of putting it on because i done it wrong.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    try scoth tape on corners that works for me

    Fred
    Beauty. This is the one I used.

Posting Permissions