Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Okay, I just ordered medianet unlimited for 19.99. So please forgive my ignorance but your saying I can dump my 39.95 plan and still have all the same features and unlimited email and websurfing I had before? There is no difference between the two?

Thanks,

Gary
    instead of buying the media net package..you might as well just buy a wireless card and use the hack to make your 650 wifi compatible..you'll end up spending less in the long run
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by gspears
    So please forgive my ignorance but your saying I can dump my 39.95 plan and still have all the same features and unlimited email and websurfing I had before? There is no difference between the two?
    $19.95 = Unlimited Data
    $39.95 = Unlimited Data + VPN
    I have been using the Media Net Unlimited with unlimited data, 1500 text and 200 mms for a year with a treo 600 and 650. No problems. There is no reason to spend the extra money on the data package that they suggest. The other data packages work just fine.
    Thanks for the info. You guys/gals are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    There is no reason to spend the extra money on the data package that they suggest. The other data packages work just fine.
    Just to clarify.....unless you need VPN.
    I don't need it. I just do email (nothing through corporate servers) and web surfing.
    Just didn't want anyone lurking to switch over for the $20 plan and then realize they needed the $40 one.
    Folks,

It is no problem switching from the $39 plan to the $19 plan -- any Congular rep will do it over the phone. Just ask to cancel PDAConnect and add unlimited MediaWorks. As others have pointed out, if you need to use the phone tethered with a VPN the $19 plan may not work for you since they block certain ports.

I'ts a ripoff when Sprint now offers EVDO on phones which is much higher speed for only $15/month, and Verizon is offering the same thing for around $25/month on PDA plans.

I am on Cingular now and pay for $39 a month since I need VPN. I am going to switch back to Sprint shortly. Sprint has better rates and roaming is included on the fair and flexible plans.

Glenn
    Help me out here, so many acronyms here I am still unfamiliar with. What is VPN? CSD (used in an earlier post).
    VPN = Virtual Private Network ... if you have an e-mail server at work, ask office "alpha geek" about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    I'ts a ripoff when Sprint now offers EVDO on phones which is much higher speed for only $15/month, and Verizon is offering the same thing for around $25/month on PDA plans.
    I can't find this plan. All I found was the $49 plan

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...Sort&catId=329

I wonder how long all of these prices will last. Sprint has got to pay for the EVDO rollout somehow and with their current pricing they are gonna corner the market on many non business types streaming radio and other high bandwidth eating uses. Cingular has got to pay for their HDSPA rollout and with the greater capability, it seems they would price it accordingly. I think we will soon see some price adjustments.
    Ah. Nope, I am a teacher. We don't have much of anything here. We do have email, but I only use it for school stuff. All my personal email goes through my Yahoo account or my home email with WalMart connect. Wal-mart I have never been able to get work through anything except the program itself. It goes through AOL, but doesn't work the same.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emunch
    Ah. Nope, I am a teacher. We don't have much of anything here. We do have email, but I only use it for school stuff. All my personal email goes through my Yahoo account or my home email with WalMart connect. Wal-mart I have never been able to get work through anything except the program itself. It goes through AOL, but doesn't work the same.
    You can sign up with Gmail. It offers free POP access thus you can receive and send email using their Treo. I am also using the $19.99/month Media Net package and I receive my emails from Gmail to my Treo when needed. I don't use it much to surf the net because I'm on the computer pretty much all day.
    Last edited by 500mL; 02/06/2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

It is no problem switching from the $39 plan to the $19 plan -- any Congular rep will do it over the phone. Just ask to cancel PDAConnect and add unlimited MediaWorks. As others have pointed out, if you need to use the phone tethered with a VPN the $19 plan may not work for you since they block certain ports.

I am on Cingular now and pay for $39 a month since I need VPN. I am going to switch back to Sprint shortly. Sprint has better rates and roaming is included on the fair and flexible plans.

Glenn
    I called Cingular just now to switch, and they said that unlimited MediaWorks is no longer available.

To make matters worse, I had to block SMS messages because Seven was sending those to me all the time to trigger a push, and they were showing up on my bill. This really sucks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    I called Cingular just now to switch, and they said that unlimited MediaWorks is no longer available.

To make matters worse, I had to block SMS messages because Seven was sending those to me all the time to trigger a push, and they were showing up on my bill. This really sucks now.
    It's "MediaNet Unlimited" not "MediaWorks," and I just did the switch over the phone. 'Cancelled the "PDAConnect" and substituted "MediaNet Unlimited" and didn't notice a difference, but I will come bill time. I originally considered these options, but they told me that the Treo 650 didn't support "MediaNet" and I had to do PDAConnect. Well, they were wrong. Maybe I don't get their bells and whistles (ringers), but all I wanted was internet on my Treo anyway. Thanks to this website, I've saved money again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    It's "MediaNet Unlimited" not "MediaWorks," and I just did the switch over the phone. 'Cancelled the "PDAConnect" and substituted "MediaNet Unlimited" and didn't notice a difference, but I will come bill time. I originally considered these options, but they told me that the Treo 650 didn't support "MediaNet" and I had to do PDAConnect. Well, they were wrong. Maybe I don't get their bells and whistles (ringers), but all I wanted was internet on my Treo anyway. Thanks to this website, I've saved money again.
    I don't see MediaNet Unlimited under "My Features". Will there be any difference if I call cingular customer support? I need unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmarthy
    I don't see MediaNet Unlimited under "My Features". Will there be any difference if I call cingular customer support? I need unlimited plan.
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Thanks Dude. Someone from the forum suggested to add using "My Features". Anyways thanks a lot. Forum rocks... Still Palmone didn't tried to acquire this forum??
    Yeah, think that dude was me....but sometimes it doesn't show up so this is alternate option.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast