Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, just got confirmation from Palm support hotline that new update will be released in the next few days. I think this is for sure because they said it twice from different persons.

Will that be 1.71/1.20 ??
    I sure hope so... however my confidence isn't to great, I hear these kind of messages since november last year...

Bur sure hope you (and the support personel) are right!
  3.    #3  
    Confirmed by Support hot line :
    "The Firmware propably would be 1.71, Software would be 1.20 or higher."

FYI. Expecting .........
    Will Blacberry be a part of this?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    GSM only? What about CDMA?
    will keep a close look on this link the next couple of days...
    it is like waiting for x-mas
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil
    it is like waiting for x-mas
    Or better..........WE ALL WERE WAITING FOR IT BEFORE X-MAS!!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    So far, I've been happy w/ the leaked 1.71/120 ROW. If they come out with an official update soon, without a huge improvement over the leaked version, it's a good chance that any additional updates will be a long in waiting. If they even have another.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'll probably play it safe and let a few days, or even a week, go by after it is released before I try to install it.

Interestingly, I have been having the standard back and forth with Palm Technical Support via email about the low volume issue and when will an update (similar to the Cingular release) be released for unlocked GSM. As of this morning, the advice is still to go out and buy VolumeCare - no comment at all about a pending release.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I'll probably play it safe and let a few days, or even a week, go by after it is released before I try to install it.
    Ditto. Last time I updated within 30 minutes of Palm releasing the update, and I had major issue's. I am very excited for the update, but will wait at least 24 hours. How will blackberry connect work??? I have my own email server and would love to have it Push when I recieve the email.

Also, do we envision any updates with the bluetooth or do you think they will leave it as is...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    It looks like it's already here! 1.51/1.20, or am I missing something?

I'm at this link: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    So now, we will just have to see what makes it better, won't we!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpja
    It looks like it's already here! 1.51/1.20, or am I missing something?

I'm at this link: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Fianally!!!
    Thanks for your info..........we waited 7 months for it!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Umm...I don't see anything new in this update that isn't already available in other Treo updates like 1.12 firmware for Sprint...or am I missing something here?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Umm...I don't see anything new in this update that isn't already available in other Treo updates like 1.12 firmware for Sprint...or am I missing something here?
    Ya, what he said..
    The new update seems to be only for Unlocked GSM version.
    Masked password entry in browser to increase privacy
    I consider this to be a bad thing. Pocket IE for PPC/WM devices does this and I hate it. On a device this small where entering text is more error-prone, the need to confirm what you've typed outweighs the need to worry about someone looking over your shoulder, IMO. I would at least want them to make this a user-configurable option.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I consider this to be a bad thing. Pocket IE for PPC/WM devices does this and I hate it. On a device this small where entering text is more error-prone, the need to confirm what you've typed outweighs the need to worry about someone looking over your shoulder, IMO. I would at least want them to make this a user-configurable option.
    Agreed. Is typing in passwords in Blazer user-configuable in the update? My typing on a PDA leaves a lot to be desired as far as accuracy is concerned. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
    So now that the new GSM update is out, when do you guys think a Sprint update will be released?
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01/18/2006 at 10:52 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast