Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What about Cingular? I want more new new new (anything)....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I second the question...
    My work only allows Blackberry and I am stuck with the 7100t. It would appear that Palm and Rim are working together but no one seems to have a clue about the Blackberry Connect for Treo. Do you guys know when it is coming out?

Rim has this on its site:
    http://www.blackberry.com/products/c.../treo650.shtml
    as well as this:
    http://www.blackberry.com/products/connect/palmOS.shtml

I have emailed Rim and Palm but to no avail.

Rim's response:

"While Research In Motion licenses BlackBerry Connect software to manufacturers, the timing of the release and means of distribution is dependent on agreements between the manufacturer and the wireless service provider. Ultimately it is the decision of individual wireless service providers if and when to release the product. As such, the most efficient way to determine possible software availability and release date would be to contact your wireless service provider."

I have been to Cingular, Verizon and Sprint and no one knows what I am talking about.

Blackberry Connect = vaporware?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Umm...I don't see anything new in this update that isn't already available in other Treo updates like 1.12 firmware for Sprint...or am I missing something here?
    Well VersaMail is updated to support google... not sure I would use it still, but it would be nice to have the update anyway. :P Some of the other fixes are kind of vague so they might or might not be an improvement to the 1.12 sprint version.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html

What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.20 for Unlocked GSM?

Performance enhancements:

- Improved memory handling for opening larger web pages
    - Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headset or carkits* -> Bluetooth 1.2 update? (probably not though)
    - Improved voice quality -> Does this include higher volume level?
    - Improved device performance for heavy data usage such as email or web downloads.
    - Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes Gmail support
    - Added support for Gmail attachment downloads via web browser
    - Improved performance and increased stability with third-party email solutions that are offered directly from carrier partners
    - Added support for wired carkits
    - Updated carrier settings for data connections and MMS or when roaming internationally
    - Masked password entry in browser to increase privacy
    - Improved customizable voice or sound recordings for specific callers

* Only in areas where wired carkits are available
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaribeau

Blackberry Connect = vaporware?
    Nope, but you may have to wait another month or so before Sprint deploys...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12