Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've seen a few posts on the subject, but not sure I can access internet for occasional email download or web surfing. I'm using Verizon service, but do not want to pay for their monthly data plan. I signed up for dial access thru Budget Dialup (low monthly usage costs) and have been trying to connect with my 650. I'm using "virtual modem" as the connection type and the user name syntax / password for my dial up account. It appears to dial and connect, but I keep getting a PPP timeout error. Any help on this would be appreciated. Do I need some type of script for this to work or is it not possible to get internet access via dial access and "virtual modem" connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by odubman
    I've seen a few posts on the subject, but not sure I can access internet for occasional email download or web surfing. I'm using Verizon service, but do not want to pay for their monthly data plan. I signed up for dial access thru Budget Dialup (low monthly usage costs) and have been trying to connect with my 650. I'm using "virtual modem" as the connection type and the user name syntax / password for my dial up account. It appears to dial and connect, but I keep getting a PPP timeout error. Any help on this would be appreciated. Do I need some type of script for this to work or is it not possible to get internet access via dial access and "virtual modem" connection?
    I've been trying to do the same thing with my PPP dialup number from work, and have the same error, even though I can dial up from my laptop with no problems. Also, when I use one of the dialup numbers listed at nocharge.com, my 650 connects fine. The problem with nocharge.com is that it only allows web surfing, not SMTP mail server connections. So I can't check/send work emails via nocharge. I wish I could figure out how to use my work PPP dialup connection (after all, it's 'nocharge' to me...) on the 650. I've tried every imaginable setting to no avail. The orange light goes off shortly after the "Signing on" message with the handshakes image and it goes back to the blinking green, indicating it's not connecting any more, which means I'm not getting far.

Oh yeah, also on my old Kyocera 7135 I could dial up the work PPP connection just fine too.

Anyone have a suggestion?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Has Anyone figured out the PPP Timeout issue yet? I have tried the posted logon scripts and such with no luck.. I am usign the most current Rom IMage from Verizon as of 11/13/06 ..

Thanks for any help..