1.    #1  
    Is there a program that will alert me via the LED that I have a new e-mail from Versamail? Butler only does it on voicemail.
    When Chatter gets new mail it flashes the led (green) rapidly. No idea how Versamail alerts you, nor why you'd want to use anything but Chatter for email.

Dunc
  3.    #3  
    Since the OWA with Chatter never completed I cannot use it with my corporate e-mail. Activesync with Versamail works perfectly for me. I just want a way to alert me of new mail.
    The versamail alert screen seems to be buggy. It only produces a blank alert when you get new email - totally useless. Wouldn't it be great to be able to get a quick vibrate or a led flash for new email?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  5.    #5  
    Thats what I am looking for. Right now all I can do is set an audible alert ( which I hate ) when I get new e-mail or an e-mail failure. I would rather the thing vibrate or the LED to maybe stay solid green.
    This is one area where the Blackberry flatly beats the Treo hands down.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    If you have Butler installed, you could have it do the LED thing when VersaMail raises the 'new email' alert. I have it set up to quick flash the led. Only downside is that it'll happen for all alerts (such as calendar reminders)
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  8.    #8  
    Where in butler do you make this adjustment? I looked under the LED settings and did not see it anywhere.
    The LED can be set thru the Attention Grabber functionality.
  10.    #10  
    I got this to work but it makes a sound everytime I get an e-mail which I do not want. Also it turns on my screen which I also do not want. I enabled the MP3 option and indicated to not nag me with the screen turning on and even set my Versamail alert to none in regards to the sound. it still made the screen light up.
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to avoid the screen coming on. I believe the OS does that everytime an app raises an alert.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    This is one area where the Blackberry flatly beats the Treo hands down.
    And pretty much the only area. It will be interesting to see how the Blackberry Connect software works with the Treo's and then this one thing will not matter anymore.
    It sounded like BB Connect (if it ever comes) was going to use VersaMail for email sync (only). Given it's based on VersaCr** and doesn't do contacts/todo/notes/calendar, it'll be DOA.

GoodLink is a resource hog, but it has far superior functionality imo. That's what I'll be staying with.
    BTW, it's not like I really have a choice of what to use anyway. At my employer, it's either GL on a Treo or a BB device. That's why I know what I'm sticking with
  15.    #15  
    BB connect is suppose to be out in February from what I have been told by my comm person at work. For me, the ability to have push e-mail, calendar sync and invite people to meetings along with corporate address look up is perfect. I do not need to wirelessly sync my contacts, memos or to do's. Sure it would be nice but not essential as far as I am concerned.
    Will BB Connect be able to replace Sprint Business Connection? SBC gives me push email, corporate address lookup, schedule sync, etc - but I have to pay $15 a month. Somehow, I can't see Sprint (and Verizon) giving up the revenue stream.
  17.    #17  
    My understanding is that BB Connect will have to be offered by the wireless provider. That being said, if your provider offeres it you would then have to have a BES server at your company to hook into. So if you are a BES shop and Sprint and or Verizon offers this then you could drop SBC.
    I may be crazy...but I don't remember the Vesamail "white screen alert" before the last sw update.

Am I crazy?