1.    #1  
    So, I have had hotsync problems before, and my Treo once again is running low-ish (only 5MB free) on memory. This is spurring me to back everything up somehow to the SD card (everything = my Contacts and my Notes, basically), without having to install software via hotsync.

Is there any way to do this safely? Can i just copy my Contacts and my Notes to the SD Card using the Copy function, and then restore them if my Treo gets screwed up again during hotsync?

Thanks,
    MJPTreo
    Use backup software. I am using resco backup.
    I'm using BackupMan, and I'm very happy. This saved my life several times.

However, there is one drawback: backupman (at least the version I use - I need to check) doesn't backup the Image folder (shot taken with the camera and stored on the phone).

This is not a so important problem, as I usualy try to store the pictures to the SD card directly.

stipus
  4.    #4  
    you have to first do a hotsync to install the backup software. All I want to do is back up my contacts and notes to SD, *without* having to first install additional software through a hotsync.

Any other thoughts? I tried the copy function after I sent that last message, but it doesn't look like you can copy the contacts over, anyway.

There must be something I'm missing here? Anyone?

Thanks!
    MJPTreo
    Email yourself a program prc file like BackupMan or BackupBuddyVFS and save the file in your applications folder. Then do a backup using the newly installed program. Hotsync free!
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I believe what MJPTreo wants to do is to just copy and paste the contacts and notes data base to the SD card. Does that make sence?
    You can definitely just copy the contact DB's and other PIM db's to card. I've done that several times!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you have "filez" you can select the files you want to copy individually and paste them over to the card.

Also with the email idea, with backupbuddy you can select only the files you want to back up to be backed up. They call them "sets" youd select you set and viola youd have a solution to your query.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You can definitely just copy the contact DB's and other PIM db's to card. I've done that several times!
    If I want to backup my phone DB such as call log, favorit buttons and all prefrences....what DB files do I need to cut &paste to the SD card?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    If you have your own webserver, you can put the prc on there, point Blazer to the apropos url to get to it..and voila! OTA install.

I do this all the time with my treo, it's soooo nice.