1.    #1  
    Okay so I tried out pTunes and loved it and bought it. I didn't buy it to play MP3s and M4as... (which I wish it did) but to be able to stream shoutcast radio. You see I love dance music and the best stations for that is not on the local radio and Sirius barely matches up and that has a monthly fee and equipment to buy. So pTunes looked like a great idea for the $30 I paid for it.

I went to RadioShack and bought an adapter so I can use it with my tape adapter and stations stream great... for about a minute, then they rebuffer. I know I might sound like a noob, but this happens with bitrates everywhere from 24 to even 96... it doesn't matter, it always rebuffers. And yes, I have a full signal on my phone. I was wondering if there was a way to change the amount of the buffer. That might fix it... but I searched pTunes's website to no avail.

The memory is almost full (only about 1 MB free) and I don't have an SD card yet. I'm not sure if that effects it. I am using a Treo 600 and my coworker has a 650 and he is able to stream fine. I am using pTunes 3.1.3 I believe. Stations I've tried are several stations off of Digitally Imported, the 32 kbps stream of ETN.fm, and Rise FM (which is 128, but it buffers just the same).

If you need any more information, let me know. Thank you for your time.
    I'm able to stream pTunes fine on my 600 at those bitrates. Your might try to empty your Blazer cache and see what happens. Also, if you have a card you might want to move some apps to free up some memory. You're going to run into problems with only 1MB.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I'm able to stream pTunes fine on my 600 at those bitrates. Your might try to empty your Blazer cache and see what happens. Also, if you have a card you might want to move some apps to free up some memory. You're going to run into problems with only 1MB.
    Thanks for the fast reply. Okay I cleared up almost 5 MB of internal memory and have tried it again at the computer, but I only have one bar of signal so that probably effects it, so of course, it buffered. I'll try it again when I have a full signal.
    Did you clear the Blazer cache too? Also, make sure your bitrates are low--around 30 at first just to see if you can get a constant stream. Traffic can effect it too so you might want to keep that in mind.
    DJ,

You do have an unlimited data plan, don't you?
  6.    #6  
    Yes I have unlimited data. My Sprint Vision plan allows it. Im in a small Florida city right now but that will change tomorrow. Ill try again there. By the way, is there a mobile website that has a speed/bandwidth tester on it?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    DJ Toboe, try this link and see what bitrate you connect at, mono or stereo, and if it buffers alot.

http://www.live365.com/play/27826?LI...AL&bitrate=256