1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 running Verichat 2.86 b (not Premium) on Earthlink (Sprint's CDMA network). I used to run Verichat on my 600/Sprint with no problems, but when I got my 650 last month, I upgraded to a newer version of Verichat and have been having problems ever since.

Whenever I get a message, if I'm not currently in the Verichat application, I get duplicates of every message. In other words, every incoming message arrives twice.

I have always-on set to "Use Data Connection", and I suspect this has something to do with it. When I had my 600 I used always-on with SMS. I no longer have unlimited SMS, but I do have unlimited data, so I thought the always-on over data would be a better option.

Anyone know?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Won't always-on over data mean that you never receive a phone call?

Anyway, my guess is a problem with the server.
    You can still receive phone calls when you are not "live" with the data. It runs in the background.

I read in the manual where if you use Verichat with SMS config that you'll still get IMs when on phone (Verizon). Is that correct?

I've been using data and did a reconfigure in VChat and set up SMS, but the functionality looks the same when I get an incoming IM. I anticipated it would be a true SMS come in then I could open verichat... but it looks like it normally does on incoming.

Is that supposed to be like that?

Update Edit - I switched it to SMS, I made a call then while on the phone, tried to IM myself from another computer, never got an SMS message... Now I'm confused...

What is the benefit of using SMS? When I have no data connection I don't show up as online?