1.    #1  
    Hi, I know the issue with the headphone jack has been beaten to death and I have read all the posts (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=jack),
    but I just wanted to share a bit of a workaround that helped me...all I did was install PTunes and change the balance slightly to the left or right speaker (just slightly)....now i get clean stereo sound where i was getting awful crackling before, which I attribute to the headphone jack over torqued and damaged issue...

Varrus.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    don't know if this is the standard, but sprint has replaced my treo 650 twice over this issue, no questions asked.... thank goodness
    I took my Treo into my local Sprint store and they blamed a missing screw in the housing, next to the headphone jack. They told me to find a service center and get an extra screw.
    No, they did not tell me where a service center is nearby, even when I asked I got a shrug. Dissapointing.

Anyways... back on topic... it seems there is a myriad of problems with this jack, not just one that can be fixed by adjusting the balance. It sounds like a loose connection on yours that is intermittant on one side.