Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Has anyone installed the wifi card and have feedback,will this be better than the enfora sled
    I have the Palm card and it works great. I got it this morning and have been playing with it for a couple of hours. When I popped it in, the next thing I saw was the found Networks.

Big problem though. I noticed that I can't get a phone signal with the card in. Is the wifi card interfering with the phone. The phone antenna symbol has an exclamation mark (!) next to it, and when you tap on it it says "No Service" Unacceptable!

My old pieceocrap iPaq 6315 could at least surf wifi and talk on the phone at the same time.

I was wondering why it was such a quite day as far as phone calls go.

Tripp
    Palm card works great and is instantly recognized by the phone. You cannot surf and talk using any of the cards.
    I surf and talk at the same time, with my Wi-Fi card all the time. Not sure why others can't. Basically the Wi-Fi card takes over the data portion of the device, but <should> leave the phone radio alone.
    It's awesome!!
    nrosser,
    Which wifi ard do you have. When I connect using the Palm wifi card, I get no phone signal.
    Tripp
    Yeah I just bought the SDIO Socket card. teh smallest one out there, and it rock. picks up networks right away, can talk and surf, talk using BT headset, surg the net or watch streaming tv or video. I love it. the only thing I have had was for a short time I was having an issue with once I popped the card out for a while then reinserted it it would say unrecognized device, I would soft reset it and all was good. that was my only issue, but I am setting up a wireless router at work so I can use some of the netwrok Admin tools on my LAN. I can terminal service into my servers, and totally administer my network no matter what floor I am on in the office. keeps me from having to runnet. back and forth to my desk to do some simple admin task. I am loving it. I am the Sr. Net Egn. and we are going to phase out the 600s and limit the purchase of any new handhelds to WM5 devices like the 700. Palm support is a pain with the lawyers becasue tehy use them to their limits and it is eating up a lot of my helpdesk and desktop support teams' time the AUTD works like a charm and with RIM getting ready to tank I dont want any more blackberries being bought. they are only gonna be useful as a ping pong paddle soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by eriq35
    Yeah I just bought the SDIO Socket card. teh smallest one out there, and it rock. picks up networks right away, can talk and surf, talk using BT headset, surg the net or watch streaming tv or video. I love it. the only thing I have had was for a short time I was having an issue with once I popped the card out for a while then reinserted it it would say unrecognized device, I would soft reset it and all was good. that was my only issue, but I am setting up a wireless router at work so I can use some of the netwrok Admin tools on my LAN. I can terminal service into my servers, and totally administer my network no matter what floor I am on in the office. keeps me from having to runnet. back and forth to my desk to do some simple admin task. I am loving it. I am the Sr. Net Egn. and we are going to phase out the 600s and limit the purchase of any new handhelds to WM5 devices like the 700. Palm support is a pain with the lawyers becasue tehy use them to their limits and it is eating up a lot of my helpdesk and desktop support teams' time the AUTD works like a charm and with RIM getting ready to tank I dont want any more blackberries being bought. they are only gonna be useful as a ping pong paddle soon enough.
    Have you tried the reverse..i.e. talk using wifi (Skype) and surf using EVDO? Can you tell us whether Treo's memory suffices and what the sound quality is? lastly whats AUTD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippank
    nrosser,
    Which wifi ard do you have. When I connect using the Palm wifi card, I get no phone signal.
    Tripp
    I have the Palm wifi card and I get phone calls. Sometimes there is no signal, but most of the time there is. I just tested it and called myself. I am very happy with it. Unlike what was said on another thread, I am not having a problem with the phone not recognizing the card.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions