1.    #1  
    So now that Palm has released Wi-fi drivers for the Treo 700, I wonder whether there is anything that can be leveraged from those to get wi-fi working on the 650? Any thoughts?
    Many thoughts here, even a quote from Ed C. of Palm that Palm is working on it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=wifi+drivers

Cheers, Perry
    nope...the windows os has built in support. the palm os does not.
    If Palm OS does not support wi-fi, what did they do to get it on the TX, Lifedrive and I think the Tungsten C, plus 2 older models that accepted wi-fi cards?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    read my post ladyt...i said palm os does not have built in support.

the other devices have non os drivers written for them that do not work on the treo.
    I wasn't attacking you. I was asking how they did it, and you answered my question. Thanks! Wonder why it's so hard to get non OS drivers on the Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I wasn't attacking you. I was asking how they did it, and you answered my question. Thanks! Wonder why it's so hard to get non OS drivers on the Treo.
    As you know, it's because Palm and the carriers want us to spend more money for no reason other than because they can withhold these drivers from us.

Personally, I think all 650 owners should get their pound of flesh from Palm...
    I definitely agree, the Treo 650 is by no way outdated just yet. I think if the Treo 650 supported wifi more people would purchase it because of its great form factor compared to the other wifi enabled devices.
    Ladi Treo,
    Basically, Palm writes the drivers and hard codes the models that are compatable with the driver. There is one part of the driver in the OS, and the "key" to unlock it is with the installed driver software. That is why it was possible for Tapwave to make a driver for all wifi cards, but for palm, they werent releasing any code to help folks out in that fashion. In my opinon, Palm has wifi working on a Treo with the card, but will not release it due to either an upcoming product or carrier request.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    In my opinon, Palm has wifi working on a Treo with the card, but will not release it due to either an upcoming product or carrier request.

And we only need one person out there to leak it!! Seriously, that would be awesome if that happenned! It would be just like when the rom updater software got leaked here and shadowmite et al began hacking the Rom...ah those were the days!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Ladi Treo,
    Basically, Palm writes the drivers and hard codes the models that are compatable with the driver. There is one part of the driver in the OS, and the "key" to unlock it is with the installed driver software. That is why it was possible for Tapwave to make a driver for all wifi cards, but for palm, they werent releasing any code to help folks out in that fashion. In my opinon, Palm has wifi working on a Treo with the card, but will not release it due to either an upcoming product or carrier request.

Well after releasing card support for the 700w, they can no longer deny wi-fi to the next models! Or Palm OS users will be sure to cry foul! Even if they cheap out and use a card again, they better put it on! But I wish they would learn built-in is best to compete with HP and I-mate.