Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    java not compatible?

and how come mobitv works?

I think that you need more bandwidth than the 650 would be able to access for the slingbox to work. The 700P is on the faster EVDO network and barely has enough network speed to work with Orb which is similar to the Slingbox (sort of). We don't even know for sure if there will be a slingbox for the 700P much less the 650. Right now the only option I know of for streaming video from your PC to your phone is Orb.
    Bandwidth should not be a problem for the 700P if it works for 700W. It's the same EVDO network.
    I guess we are still waiting.................Palm better start giving incentives to all these companies to release their software for palm.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Palm to offer an incentive. Didn't the Sling folks come out and say they weren't going to support the Palm OS?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Palm to offer an incentive. Didn't the Sling folks come out and say they weren't going to support the Palm OS?
    No, they didn't. They came right out and said whatever's going on behind the curtain, metaphorically speaking, they're not publically talking about it yet. Or if you remember Watergate, call it a non-denial denial.

I spoke with one of their head honchos today and that's basically what he told me. We'll just have to wait and see what they do and if and when they have something to say about it, they'll say it.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
    When Is It Coming. I Dont Want To Orb Alot
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12