1.    #1  
    I just received my g4500m, which Iím pretty excited about. The problem is, though it charges my Treo650 when itís in the cradle, I canít get any sound through the amplified speaker or through the audio out jack. Iíve tried it with and without the audio switch on top turned on, but all that happens is that when I have the speaker switch turned on on the treo, the sound comes out of the treoís speaker. Still nothing from the seidio.

And Iíve tried the headset plugged directly into the treo, and that works. Am I missing a step in the setup? Nothing I try seems to work. I've also emailed seidio's tech support, but there's no telling how long it will take to get a response.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek
    I just received my g4500m, which Iím pretty excited about. The problem is, though it charges my Treo650 when itís in the cradle, I canít get any sound through the amplified speaker or through the audio out jack. Iíve tried it with and without the audio switch on top turned on, but all that happens is that when I have the speaker switch turned on on the treo, the sound comes out of the treoís speaker. Still nothing from the seidio.

And Iíve tried the headset plugged directly into the treo, and that works. Am I missing a step in the setup? Nothing I try seems to work. I've also emailed seidio's tech support, but there's no telling how long it will take to get a response.

Thanks
    Please send me your email and/or phone number and I'll make sure they get in contact with you by tomorrow.

David Silver
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  3.    #3  
    I got it working actually. You answered me in the other thread. I just wasn't pushing it down far enough to make it "click."

It still might be acting a bit flakey - I haven't been able to test it much. I'll ask for more help if it's necessary.

Thanks!
  4. CMD
    Just got the same cradle today and had the same problem. I looked at the contacts in the cradle and saw some white swarf. Removed the swarf and pushed the Treo in firmly and it's been ok since then. Not sure if it was the swarf or the firm insertion but this worked for me.
    I've got a couple cradles and it just takes a little getting use to the firm insertion (which I think is a good thing)....It gets a little confusing when you first get the cradle since the power connector is a little longer so if you dont push it firmly the power light will come on, but the audio won't (so the first time you do it you might think its not working).

Anyway, glad to hear they are working well...I've been very happy with my cradles.