1.    #1  
    I am using Holux SlimGPS 236 with mapopolis and it works fine. But when a call is received while using navigation and pick the call with by bluetooth headset (Sony HBH-662 with caller ID) , Treo gets angry after few seconds and resets.

Any advice experts?
    I'm no expert, but I believe the problem is that the 650's BT can't have 2 devices at the same time. Nor do I believe it will switch fast enough (drop the GPS then pick up the BT headset). This is why it gets confused, gives up, and resets. I'm not so sure there are any solutions other than using a wired headset (cheaper than getting a wired GPS). Hopefully the next Treo supports multiple BT connections.
    bluetooth is buggy. When I used for DUN, I always reset the phone afterwards and my problems went away. I now keep it off most of the time but use it for Salling Clicker remote control with no problems.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R

I also just got a new BT GPS which I think deserves to be included in the list of the best of what's currently available. It's the Holux GPSlim236. It uses the SiRF Star III chipset, so it's super-sensitive and quick to get a fix. It's also very tiny and has a removable battery. It's claim to fame is that it has a mini-USB port which allows you to hook it up to a laptop or a Treo using a special cable instead of using BT. Why would you want to do that? For a Palm OS Treo 650, this would enable you to use the Treo's Bluetooth for a BT headset. For a WM5 Treo 700w, that shouldn't be a concern as you should be able to have multiple simultaneous BT connections. Still, it's a nice feature to have. The GPSlim236 also claims to support user-installable firmware updates, but I'm not sure if Holux has released any, so it could be a feature that's never taken advantage of.

Here's a solution......................
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the 650 bt stack 1.0 won't support it; I have the TomTom bundle and use a HBH-660 and the two will not work at the same time. I've heard that the 700w comes with bt 1.2 which supports dual bt use....
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    My husband has a BT headset with his 650 and cannot connect to our new Toyota using the BT in the car. My 650 hdoes not have a BT headset and connects just fine to the car. We've tried everything, but no luck. Any ideas?
    I have TomTom Bluetooth GPS and Palm Bluetooth Headset working together. Sometimes it takes a while for 650 to recognize one of them, but I can receive a call on the headset while Navigator is directing me.
    My Tom Tom and 650 play well together.. When I am using the GPS system and I receive a phone call I do have about a 15 sec delay before my built in BT in my car recognizes my 650.. After that it is all good.