1.    #1  
    When I call my companies 800# to locate someone's extension number by entering in the first few letters of their last name on my Sprint Treo 650 it is if the Options button is pressed down. When I enter in a c the number 8 is recognized. Is there a way I can get it so the correct letters are recognized?

Thank you for looking.
    That's the way DTMF works, your 800# system is looking for DTMF tones to look up the contact, you have to use 0-9...
    DOH!!! Someone needs to go back to dialing school!
    Okay, I'm going to be stupid, I just called my home telephone number and tried to key letters and could not, no matter if I hit or held the blue or shift button . . . . are you telling me the recieving system is going to match the three letter options on each numerical key to a name in the system?

As Bob is 262 and not Ana?

So you need to use the "Dial Pad" on the Treo's phone screen and not the qwerty keyboard?
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/16/2006 at 04:12 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Right - use the dial pad (which you have to bring up if you're on a call.)
    Thanks Holmes4 !!
    A great program for dealing with voicemail is 2dial by ShSh software. It automates the process and is simply to use.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I am trying out 2dial. I like it. It does not do as much as LudusW appears to do, but I do like it.
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    I am trying out 2dial. I like it. It does not do as much as LudusW appears to do, but I do like it.
    Hi,

2dial is not intended to handle SMS, it is focused on the call management stuff - allows you to define SEVERAL call profiles (not just voicemail), several command buttons, and more...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    As Bob is 262 and not Ana?
    Yes, ive seen plenty of systems that work this way. Though its usually for the last name, not the first.

So you need to use the "Dial Pad" on the Treo's phone screen and not the qwerty keyboard?
    Yes, you cant dial the letters on the treo pad, you have to use the number assignments like on every other number pad. The system has no idea you are using a treo.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    One of the things I do miss from my sidekick days is being able to use the keyboard and typing the letters - the appropriate corresponding phonepad number would be sent... Was a nice feature.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    a nice little program would convert the keyboard letter to the corresponding DTMF tone while a call is active so that we could use the keypad.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brainwave
    When I call my companies 800# to locate someone's extension number by entering in the first few letters of their last name on my Sprint Treo 650 it is if the Options button is pressed down. When I enter in a c the number 8 is recognized. Is there a way I can get it so the correct letters are recognized?

Thank you for looking.
    This post isn't serious is it?